• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Bluegreen owners out there?

partpro26

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - SEAWORLD
Hi Tuggers. I recently stayed at Bluegreen - Fountains in Orlando booked through RCI. I attended the presentation but being armed with knowledge from this site I did not succumb to their sales tactics (I bought my HGVC resale with the help of TUG). They tried to sell me 20000 points with a charter certificate for $45000. OUCH!!! If it helps they will finance for you over 10 years at a very reasonable interest rate of 18%. I will admit that the talk a good talk and I am sure that they closed some sales. I don't know very much about Bluegreen and was surprised to find very little content in the forums about them. I don't know if they are a good fit for me but I would sure like to know more. Any information you can offer would be appreciated.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Facebook groups bluegreen timeshare secrets, also bluegreen resort addicts but only positive comments allowed on that one

partpro26

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - SEAWORLD
Thanks for the info rapmarks. I will check it out.

hcarman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have owned Bluegreen for quite a few years now and really enjoy it. We find they have a great variety of vacation experiences. They have the typical vacation club resorts like the Fountains and another property in Orlando - as well as St. Augustine and Cibola Vista in AZ. They have boutique properties in some very popular cities like Charleston, New Orleans, and Savannah, and they have some unique accommodations at places like Shenandoah Crossing where you can stay in yurts, cabins, rvs, an inn, or even the treehouse. This property also has horseback riding and carriage rides. Bluegreen's Wilderness Club at Big Cedar is always ranked among one of the top timeshares. They also have several properties in the islands and the Florida Keys, as well as some rooms at the Manhattan Club in New York. So they have a little bit of everything - something to please most people's tastes.
The other thing that has been very nice about Bluegreen is how stable their maintenance fees have been. They have seldom gone up. I can't say the same for some of our other properties that have increases on the order of 7 - 10% a year - excessive in my opinion. Bluegreen has a nice bonus time program - but that may only be at the resort you are deeded to if you buy resale? Lastly, very few fees for things. No fee to let a friend or family member use your room, no fee for split week reservations, no reservation fee, etc.
I have had some issues with customer service and some of the premiere benefits, but all in all we have really enjoyed the properties and have no complaints about the maintenance fees or club dues - very reasonable for what you get.

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
The other thing that has been very nice about Bluegreen is how stable their maintenance fees have been. They have seldom gone up. I can't say the same for some of our other properties that have increases on the order of 7 - 10% a year - excessive in my opinion.

The fee data I have for the last ten years don't support this. The attached table shows the fees for 32,000 points in trust fund E--which is the largest and most common of the five trust funds. 32,000 points will get someone a two bedroom unit for two week at the Fountains (Orlando). Fee increases have been relatively small in the last few years, but not so small before that.

Bluegreen has a nice bonus time program - but that may only be at the resort you are deeded to if you buy resale?

Bluegreen ownership is not actually deeded. It is a beneficial interest in a trust fund. However, Bluegreen ties every point to the trust fund deed that backs it. There are two club benefits based on the deed backing one's points--bonus time and priority time.

When someone purchases developer points, Bluegreen gives that buyer bonus time at all club locations. For resale points, bonus time is limited to the single resort backing the points. Many members buy a small developer's point package to get club-wide bonus time, then fill their account with resale points. Bonus time is always subject to availability, and it is difficult to get in the high demand seasons. However, it can be a nice benefit for those who travel in the off seasons.

Attachments

• Bluegreen Fee History.png
    Bluegreen Fee History.png
    92.7 KB · Views: 667

RVA_Dave

Reaction score
I would skip it and look for a resale. I am a Blue Green weeks owner, I own a UDI deed at Shenandoah Crossing outside of Charlottesvile, VA. It's been a great resort and an easy way for us to bank into RCI. My ownership allows 4 weeks booked at any given time - 2 blue\white, 1 red, 1 flex - once the date of the first day of a week passes, I am able to call back in and reserve another week. So weeks are perpetual and I could bank up to 25 weeks a year if I chose to. My MF is $2000 and weeks are $150. If I booked just the 4 weeks a year, that's $2600 annual and the resort is less than an hour away, so we day use sometimes just to get out of the city and go horseback riding or fishing. I picked mine up on the resale market for the title transfer fee and that was it. We used to travel around the BG resorts, the Fountains in Orlando, Mountain Loft in Gatlinburg, and Blue 36 in LV are all nice, but now we just deposit into our RCI weeks membership and stay where ever we like. I mean, 2 weeks of our resort deposited into RCI, equal 1 week at a Deluxe WDW for about $600 out of pocket. Even less out of pocket for places like Wyndham Flagstaff and Sedona. It's a no brainer for us when compared to WDW prices or a $45000 mortgage and MFs for a new points ownership. That said, I'm a resale and weeks guy, I steer clear of new sales and points. Hope any of that helps.

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Bluegreen has a nice bonus time program - but that may only be at the resort you are deeded to if you buy resale? Lastly, very few fees for things. No fee to let a friend or family member use your room, no fee for split week reservations, no reservation fee, etc.
I have had some issues with customer service and some of the premiere benefits, but all in all we have really enjoyed the properties and have no complaints about the maintenance fees or club dues - very reasonable for what you get.

So if I purchase the smallest resale package, I can get Bonus time at that particular resort? I wouldn't mind that atll, since I live in Orlando and The Fountains is around the corner for day use. and both coasts aren't that far.

jojo777

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't Own Bluegreen but I have helped my friend rent hers for years and have stayed at several of the resorts in MA, PA, Aruba, FL and NH. The one thing i find annoying for a points system is that if you save points to the following year they lose value meaning they cant be used in Red or High Red season. You then mostly end up having to use them in RCI, which in my opinion is far less superior to Interval. In the Disney system they don't do that. Disney is my only points system to compare it to.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats on finding TUG and discovering the resale market before paying retail prices!

you will save an absolute fortune on those same points!

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
On the Bluegreen FB group their is a lady that sells a book for $5 that tells you anything you could want to know. I paid for it on vacation at a TS one time bored one night. It was a pretty good read

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
So if I purchase the smallest resale package, I can get Bonus time at that particular resort? I wouldn't mind that atll, since I live in Orlando and The Fountains is around the corner for day use. and both coasts aren't that far.

Yes, if you get resale points that are backed by a Fountains deed, then you get bonus time at The Fountains. Bonus time is always space available and many members say availability is limited to the off season. I've never used bonus time myself.

From the web site:
Bonus Time reservations can be made up to 48 days in advance of your desired check-in date when booking online. This is 3 days earlier than you can make a Bonus Time reservation via phone. You will also save $10 per night by booking online instead of by phone! A minimum 2-night stay is required. Payment in full is collected at the time your reservation is confirmed.

Nightly Bonus Time Rates
Hotel/Studio $69
One (1) Bedroom $79
Two (2) Bedroom $89
Three (3) Bedroom $99

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
... The one thing i find annoying for a points system is that if you save points to the following year they lose value meaning they cant be used in Red or High Red season.

Just for clarity: Saved Points can be used for reservations in Red, White, or Blue seasons only. Saved Points are also eligible to be used for an exchange reservation with RCI up to 180 days in advance of the check-in date.

Saved points cannot be used in High Red, Ultra Red, Special Season, or Leaf Season.

jojo777's basic point (this is annoying) remains correct. In the Bluegreen system, if you need more points in a single use year than you own, you are better off borrowing from the future rather than saving.

Last edited:

Zippydoda

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen, Kings Creek
Hi Tuggers. I recently stayed at Bluegreen - Fountains in Orlando booked through RCI. I attended the presentation but being armed with knowledge from this site I did not succumb to their sales tactics (I bought my HGVC resale with the help of TUG). They tried to sell me 20000 points with a charter certificate for $45000. OUCH!!! If it helps they will finance for you over 10 years at a very reasonable interest rate of 18%. I will admit that the talk a good talk and I am sure that they closed some sales. I don't know very much about Bluegreen and was surprised to find very little content in the forums about them. I don't know if they are a good fit for me but I would sure like to know more. Any information you can offer would be appreciated.

I have owned with Bluegreen for about 20 years. They are ok as far as timeshares and maintenance fees go but as my child rearing days are long past I have a problem finding resorts in the Bluegreen family that appeal to me. I want more cultural activities rather than beach and other family oriented vacations. Thus I have to pay exchange fees on top of my annual maintenance feel. Just had a wonderful exchange into the Marriott Pulse Vacation Club in San Diego. Stopped off in Cabo on way home for another time share deal. Great trip but Bluegreen points were just a means to an end elsewhere.

grizzly1352

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
I would skip it and look for a resale. I am a Blue Green weeks owner, I own a UDI deed at Shenandoah Crossing outside of Charlottesvile, VA. It's been a great resort and an easy way for us to bank into RCI. My ownership allows 4 weeks booked at any given time - 2 blue\white, 1 red, 1 flex - once the date of the first day of a week passes, I am able to call back in and reserve another week. So weeks are perpetual and I could bank up to 25 weeks a year if I chose to. My MF is $2000 and weeks are $150. If I booked just the 4 weeks a year, that's $2600 annual and the resort is less than an hour away, so we day use sometimes just to get out of the city and go horseback riding or fishing. I picked mine up on the resale market for the title transfer fee and that was it. We used to travel around the BG resorts, the Fountains in Orlando, Mountain Loft in Gatlinburg, and Blue 36 in LV are all nice, but now we just deposit into our RCI weeks membership and stay where ever we like. I mean, 2 weeks of our resort deposited into RCI, equal 1 week at a Deluxe WDW for about $600 out of pocket. Even less out of pocket for places like Wyndham Flagstaff and Sedona. It's a no brainer for us when compared to WDW prices or a $45000 mortgage and MFs for a new points ownership. That said, I'm a resale and weeks guy, I steer clear of new sales and points. Hope any of that helps.
I may be wrong in posting this here I just joined about two minutes ago so I am new to the forum rules. But I agree Shenandoah crossing was and is a great place we have loved going to Gordonsville it was beautiful. And the other Bluegreen resorts that we went to were pretty nice but we just couldnt use the points effectively. Our only time to really travel is during peak season and it was too expensive to add enough points to be able to use them during the red times. With that being said and again I apologize if this is the wrong way to go about this, but if anyone is interested in my package I would gladly work out a deal to give it away. Its paid for and I am tired of paying mf and not using the package.

AGJr

Reaction score
but if anyone is interested in my package I would gladly work out a deal to give it away. Its paid for and I am tired of paying mf and not using the package.

I may be interested. I need to figure out how this while thing works. I’m wondering if I get the additional points if it will upgrade me to gold.

ScoutGunner

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been a member of Bluegreen for 20 years. It's a bit complicated and you cannot get out with your investment(?) ever...
A lot of folks love it. I'm 73 now and not able to travel that much so I would love to sell my 72000 points and stay home and raise chickens. I find there is a lot of folks in Bluegreen and not enough places to stay where it's a summer favorite. They don't make it easy. I am now spoiled when it comes to BG vs. hotels. We really like to spend time in these nice rooms. Just be careful and research a lot. See the websites and check out the members advice and location preferences.

wontontx

Reaction score
The fee data I have for the last ten years don't support this. The attached table shows the fees for 32,000 points in trust fund E--which is the largest and most common of the five trust funds. 32,000 points will get someone a two bedroom unit for two week at the Fountains (Orlando). Fee increases have been relatively small in the last few years, but not so small before that.

The 5-year and 10-year averages look better with the drop off of the large 2007 increase. At least the 5 is lower than the 10, suggesting a slow down due to getting to critical mass.
upload_2019-1-3_12-44-4.png

CharlesS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The 5-year and 10-year averages look better with the drop off of the large 2007 increase. At least the 5 is lower than the 10, suggesting a slow down due to getting to critical mass.
In 2007-2008 there was a Special Assessment in Trust Fund E. - Charles