• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Another long time Tugger is gone

Elli

TUG Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about Fern's passing. Sincere condolences to her sister and the rest of her family. You will be missed, Fern.

Mimi39

TUG Member
Reaction score
Such sad news. She was a friend and helped me in many ways, since I first joined TUG and she was the "timeshare guru". Rest in peace Fern and Jerry.

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
I corresponded with Fern when she wrote her moving blog about taking care of Jerry during his last days. She mentioned that she hoped she wasn't a burden when she died and I suppose she got her wish.:bawl::bawl:

taffy19

Reaction score
I am so shocked to read this but Fern missed Jerry so much. I knew Fern from the Prodigy days and she made us so welcome in Las Vegas and invited us even to her home. My condolences to her sister.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
What a shock. Fern was a fixture here and will be missed.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
So sorry to hear this. Fern will be missed.

falmouth3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I add my surprise and sadness to those sentiments already expressed. Fern had good advice and was so willing to share. This community will miss her. Condolences to her family.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I corresponded with Fern when she wrote her moving blog about taking care of Jerry during his last days. She mentioned that she hoped she wasn't a burden when she died and I suppose she got her wish.:bawl::bawl:

This is a nice sentiment. :)

With that blog Fern managed to make her and Jerry "real" for us in a way that doesn't always happen with online communication. Others have mentioned the phenomenon of feeling real connections to people you've only met in cyberspace - Fern was definitely one of those connections as evidenced by the very real sadness displayed here. I'm sure more than a few of us woke up this morning with Fern on our minds.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just yesterday I read a post by fern from the day before.

Life surely can be taken away in a flash.............

Rest in Peace "TUG Girl"

jayn

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
RIP

My condolences to the family. Thank you Fern for all the timesharing help over the years. Thank you to all the TUG volunteers.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This one takes my breath away.

I remember fondly the Sunday night chats and how much I learned from her, not only about timesharing but other more personal things as well.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Sad news indeed. :(

LynnW

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this Pat. It is such a shock, We met Fern on the first Tug cruise and even stayed with she and Jerry one night on our way through LV. I know how much she missed Jerry. He was a great guy and I still remember our last visit with him when he was in the hospital. We had dinner every time we passed through and like Pat our last visit was dinner with she and her sister in Oct. She will be missed.

Lynn

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Sad to hear. Thanks for sharing.

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never had the pleasure of meeting Fern in real life but I felt I knew her because she put so much of herself into her posts, especially when Jerry was dying. It was evident from reading her touching posts about him that they were truly soulmates. I corresponded with her after his death and from her found the courage to walk away from a bad marriage.

I think Fern was one of the wisest women I've never met. And to think I joined TUG to learn about timeshares!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Very sad news indeed. Perhaps TUG Lounge should be renamed to Fern's Cafe for a day?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I'm still relatively new here but I'm going to miss Fern as well. She was just helping me a few days ago with my upcoming trip to NOLA. Fern you will be missed. Godspeed

kpitch

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We had the pleasure of knowing Fern and Jerry quite well, visiting them often while in Vegas even staying in their casita. Jerry loved to cook for us, make Long Island Iced Teas and show us his Channel 99 interviews. Fern called us last summer when she heard a tornado had hit our town in Michigan, she was so thoughtful. We are stunned by the news and it does not seem possible. Our thoughts and prayers are with her sister Irene, who must be in a state of shock.

She organized the TUG Sunday Night Chat that united so many of us early Tuggers. Her timesharing insight was so helpful to many. We are honored to have been her friends.

Rest in peace Fern.

Kathy

Bill4728

Reaction score
Fern

You will always be my Timeshare GURU!!

I'll miss you

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
So saddened to read about Fern. Like others I feel as if I have come to "know" people on the forums. I found her information on the Las Vegas area very helpful for our trip the other year.
Reunited with Jerry, RIP Fern!

~Diane