• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Another long time Tugger is gone

jlf58

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thanks
Fern and I had a nice talk by chat after her husband died so we were good.
Your ups and downs with Fern kept things interesting! Don't be a stranger. :)

Deb

KCI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Met Fern & Jerry & Fern's sister for lunch in Vegas at the Rio several years ago. She was such a wealth of knowledge and so eager to enlighten all in the world of timesharing. RIP Fern and say hi to Jerry for us. Linda & Bob

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought our first timeshare many years ago (before TUG was founded).
I also bought our first computer. I some how how found my way to Fern.
She was employed as bus conductor (I think) in Francisco.

I told her that my husband I were planning to go on our first timeshare exchange vacation, in Mexico, and that I had been doing a lot of research on the internet and travel books (borrowed from the library.

Without hesitation, she began telling me what was "good" and what was not good about some of our ideas. She explained that some of the roads were very dangerous, due to steep hills and rotted roads, and crime, etc..and sent us maps with an underlined itinerary, places to eat, customs, phrases, etc..

Being a very new internet user, I was so amazed and grateful that a "stranger" living thousands of miles away would take the time to and effort to help other people.

I had many wonderful conversations with Fern through the years via TUG and a few phone conversations. She was always so nice, and full of knowledge that she readily shared.

Rest well, my dear friend.

normab

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Reading this belatedly. Did not know her but will miss her very helpful posts.

RIP Fern.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just heard. Fern was so kind to me always. I am so terribly sad.