• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

And this is why we may never get back to normal...

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
People truly scare me. Here is a guy with Covid-19 symptoms that thought it would be a good idea to hit the beach with thousands of others. Why? Because he wanted to (plus he got new swim trunks he was itching to wear).

After social media bashing he has now retracted some of his statements but he still confirmed he was awaiting test results when he hit the beach.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This person should be locked up or pay a huge fine for his action.

Reactions: RX8

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Last edited:
Reactions: RX8

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Well it is a welcome development to finally see an example like Janover.....

From the article:
...During the video, Janover gestured to what appears to be a page from the company’s website, and noted that she was axed “even though they claim to stand against systematic bias, racism and unequal treatment.”....

...The Harvard graduate who said in a TikTok video that she would “stab” anyone who told her “All Lives Matter” revealed in a new pair of recordings that she has lost her job over the perceived threats and ensuing furor.

...“I’ma stab you,” the Connecticut native said in the video, zooming in tight on her face.

“I’ma stab you, and while you’re struggling and bleeding out, I’ma show you my paper cut and say, ‘My cut matters, too.'”

Harvard must be proud.

Perhaps Janover and Hannon should be isolated together so science can once and for all determine if stupid cancels stupid...

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Apparently he was never tested positive and is one of the many cases of “it’s COVID because there isn’t anything else it can be”. My question is why didn’t his doctor have him tested? See! People in NY aren’t getting tested. I’ve been here in FL for 7 weeks and I have met many Florida residents who are flocking to get tested because they are “curious” without symptoms. This guy up in NY is sick and his dr doesn’t have him tested? Something tells me they all have the mindset of “if you’re not going to the hospital then there is no need for a test” this is why NY numbers are so good...... I don’t buy it. I’ve been seeing many through social media not adhering to Social distancing up there.

im more concerned with him not being tested. I’ve seen other pictures from that weekend where I can guarantee there are plenty of asymptomatic cases or even slightly sick in the crowds without masks.

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW, here's my take:

1. Besides Corey Hnnon, the major concern here should be the absence of social distancing. Look at the photos on the newscast of what was going on at Fire Island Pines this weekend.
2. Because of NY bail reform act, I'm not sure you could lock him up. It's possible but not a given.
3. Not a word about lack of social distancing in masks in Fire Island Pines over this holiday weekend in the NY Times. But there was an article this weekend about the safety of a backyard barbecue or picnic in days of Covid.
4. How do people have the chutzpah to post: “You know what, I did have COVID. Everyone knows I had COVID, and you know what I did? I sat in my *bleep*ing bedroom and quarantined myself for eight *bleep*ing days and suffered through COVID," ... "And now I’m out celebrating. So go *bleep* yourselves. I hope all of you get *bleep*ing COVID, you nasty nasty trolls.” and then claim this was
was "misinterpreted," and blame the "cancel culture."

Finally want to thank the OP and the rest of you for avoiding super-size fonts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brett

Reaction score
FWIW, here's my take:

1. Besides Corey Hnnon, the major concern here should be the absence of social distancing. Look at the photos on the newscast of what was going on at Fire Island Pines this weekend.
2. Because of NY bail reform act, I'm not sure you could lock him up. It's possible but not a given.
3. Not a word about lack of social distancing in masks in Fire Island Pines over this holiday weekend in the NY Times. But there was an article this weekend about the safety of a backyard barbecue or picnic in days of Covid.
4. How do people have the chutzpah to post: “You know what, I did have COVID. Everyone knows I had COVID, and you know what I did? I sat in my *bleep*ing bedroom and quarantined myself for eight *bleep*ing days and suffered through COVID," ... "And now I’m out celebrating. So go *bleep* yourselves. I hope all of you get *bleep*ing COVID, you nasty nasty trolls.” and then claim this was
was "misinterpreted," and blame the "cancel culture."

Finally want to thank the OP and the rest of you for avoiding super-size fonts.

Don't worry, the "Pine Boys" are in the NY Times for the holiday weekend ! ;)

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/06/style/is-the-party-over-on-fire-island.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score

Brett

Reaction score
Brett: The NY Times article is from a month ago (June 6) A month ago The NY Times thought that social distancing would be followed in Fire Island: Indeed, the party on this barrier island, with its fabled history as a hotbed of desire and dissipation, looks to be over this summer.

oh,
I didn't realize updated information on social distancing for the "Pine Boys" was that important for you .... so sorry :confused::(

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We had an example of young people losing their job being stupid, now old people:

Moral of the story kids, every phone has a movie camera.

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
oh,
I didn't realize updated information on social distancing for the "Pine Boys" was that important for you .... so sorry :confused::(

Not sure why the sarcasm. There was a major violation of social distancing in the NYC area this weekend. I commented that The NY Times didn't cover it. You responded with an article that was written a month ago that incorrectly predicted that social distancing would be followed.

No need to insult me.

Reactions: jme

Brett

Reaction score
Not sure why the sarcasm. There was a major violation of social distancing in the NYC area this weekend. I commented that The NY Times didn't cover it. You responded with an article that was written a month ago that incorrectly predicted that social distancing would be followed.

No need to insult me.

no insult intended
All major violations of social distancing need to be reported and acted upon - in all the states and all the beaches and public gatherings

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
As a New Yorker let me just say, the hypocrisy is at an all time high there. While they sat at home shaming everyone through their screens about the importance of masks and distancing, they all ran out and congregated the first warm weekend they could (we all saw the pictures). Now this past weekend just shows you their true self. Also, no one in NY is being tested.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As a New Yorker let me just say, the hypocrisy is at an all time high there. While they sat at home shaming everyone through their screens about the importance of masks and distancing, they all ran out and congregated the first warm weekend they could (we all saw the pictures). Now this past weekend just shows you their true self. Also, no one in NY is being tested.
Not just NY, that is the duality of the species.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
That would be news to the over 400000 that were tested last week with a 3 day weekend.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
That would be news to the over 400000 that were tested last week with a 3 day weekend.

I’d like to see the number broken out by county. Outside of downstate NY upstate is farm land and extremely spread out. Not to mention, most of NYC already had COVID. If there is immunity there is no wonder the cases are slowing down. NY/NJ still leading in deaths.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’d like to see the number broken out by county. Outside of downstate NY upstate is farm land and extremely spread out. Not to mention, most of NYC already had COVID. If there is immunity there is no wonder the cases are slowing down. NY/NJ still leading in deaths.
I will leave that for you. And again most of NYC has not had covid or show me some data on that one to change my mind.

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score

Sorry CPNY, but I don't agree with much of what you wrote. You paint a broad brush over the entire state by suggesting that NY is full of irresponsible morons. I live in NY. I have to say that most people I come across in NYC and the New York metropolitan area take wearing masks and doing social distancing pretty seriously, probably because of what we've lived through. Every person that sees me professionally has either come in wearing a mask or asked me if I want them to put on a mask. Almost all of the people we encounter in daily activities are wearing masks.

The problem may be more of demographics than of geography. I think that unfortunately that many of the "young people" aren't taking this as seriously as the "old people". I don't think that has much to do with what state you're from .

Also, I have no idea what you mean about not being tested. My DW and I both have medical procedures within the month. We both have to take Covid tests before the operations. Some places take our temperature before we enter buildings. We can get free covid tests at CVS depending on our answers to the attached questionnaire. Friends from other states wish they had the same access as New Yorkers do.

I think there are too many stupid people out there, but I don't think that the place of residence makes any difference.

Attachments

• COVID-19 Test Qualification Check | MinuteClinic.pdf
    81.3 KB · Views: 0

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Sorry CPNY, but I don't agree with much of what you wrote. You paint a broad brush over the entire state by suggesting that NY is full of irresponsible morons. I live in NY. I have to say that most people I come across in NYC and the New York metropolitan area take wearing masks and doing social distancing pretty seriously, probably because of what we've lived through. Every person that sees me professionally has either come in wearing a mask or asked me if I want them to put on a mask. Almost all of the people we encounter in daily activities are wearing masks.

The problem may be more of demographics than of geography. I think that unfortunately that many of the "young people" aren't taking this as seriously as the "old people". I don't think that has much to do with what state you're from .

Also, I have no idea what you mean about not being tested. My DW and I both have medical procedures within the month. We both have to take Covid tests before the operations. Some places take our temperature before we enter buildings. We can get free covid tests at CVS depending on our answers to the attached questionnaire. Friends from other states wish they had the same access as New Yorkers do.

I think there are too many stupid people out there, but I don't think that the place of residence makes any difference.
From what I’ve seen in Hell’s Kitchen and fire island, it paints a much different picture. What I’ve seen back in April where people were on the streets drinking during quarantine without masks, again, a whole different picture. Sure some people are doing their part, but there are ALOT who are not.

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
From what I’ve seen in Hell’s Kitchen and fire island, it paints a much different picture. What I’ve seen back in April where people were on the streets drinking during quarantine without masks, again, a whole different picture. Sure some people are doing their part, but there are ALOT who are not.

CPNY: I don't argue with your complaint above. As for NYC, I don't think DeBlasio shows any interest in enforcing quarantine rules unless he can enforce them against religious groups.

As for Fire Island, Gov. Cuomo is pushing Suffolk County to take steps: "I also remind local governments of their duty to enforce the standards that have made [New York's] reopening safe and successful." I
“The last thing we need is to see this virus spike again,” Cuomo said during a morning news briefing in Manhattan. “You look at the festivities around July Fourth. You see gatherings that are not socially distant. You see it on Manhattan. You see it on Fire Island. I don’t know how else to say it. Actions have consequences.” Cuomo said he plans to once again speak with local governments in the state about enforcement.

geekette

Reaction score
Yet here I am creeped out that my neighbor's girlfriend ran over to give me a hug. I was horrified, which stopped my breathing for long enough for the hug to end....

I hate thinking that everyone, including me, is diseased. This is such a weird time we're living through. If Americans act this way for this pandemic, I'm pretty sure that I will be isolating super quick when the next one breaks out anywhere in the world. And fully become a vegetarian. Until I find myself wondering how big a squirrel filet is...

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yet here I am creeped out that my neighbor's girlfriend ran over to give me a hug. I was horrified, which stopped my breathing for long enough for the hug to end....

I hate thinking that everyone, including me, is diseased. This is such a weird time we're living through. If Americans act this way for this pandemic, I'm pretty sure that I will be isolating super quick when the next one breaks out anywhere in the world. And fully become a vegetarian. Until I find myself wondering how big a squirrel filet is...
Deleated

Last edited:

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Catastrophizing perhaps. A common reaction with an uncommon name. ;)

As of Monday, COVID-19 has claimed the lives of perhaps 22 Americans. Let's see, it only has 19,978 deaths to go to catch up. And our children well, up to this
date COVID-19 has claimed 0, none. Which one should we panic about?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will leave that for you. And again most of NYC has not had covid or show me some data on that one to change my mind.
It is not most of NYC indeed, but 25% is a very significant number because you can reach herd immunity at 60%. Combined with other mitigation factors a 25% immunity is very powerful, especially if it is predominantly among those who have been more active and have had more contacts with other people: health care professionals, transportation, retail, safety etc.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Must be wonderful to live in your perfect world where nothing ever changes and I bow to you oh quintessential being. I would like to play this game with you my irreproachable one but, I'm just not feeling the love, therefore... :wave: