• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Accepting New Reservations Dates

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s so ridiculous that they roll out a new website that takes months to work correctly.

I can’t believe they are allowed to treat us in such a fraudulent manner.
Almost
Our ownership is going on 30 years old now, so we could walk away when the time comes and come out ahead. It was great under Fairfield but Fairfield had limited resorts and locations. Under Wyndham we have many more resorts and locations, but we also have to deal with Wyndham's crap, like their new and NOT so improved websites they force on us.
Its not that good of a value at todays developer prices. Sunk cost to high for the product that was rolled out as new and improved. Most companies would of gone broke offering the customer a product as bad as the last two new websites and online experiences..

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
That was the way it worked in our day. Or you called the guy out and whooped his ass after school. Many problems were solved the old fashioned way back in the day. Wes the problem is many spineless posters post under a alias and hide behind it. I hate to say it but we have many snowflakes among us in todays world!
This type of post is not appropriate for this thread.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
This type of post is not appropriate for this thread.
Maybe I’m missing something.

But the whole “welcome to my ignore list” is so petulant. It’s like a little kid taking his toys and going home.

If you don’t want someone to disagree with you ... here’s a novel idea - don’t post. If you’re going to post - wear your big boy or big girl pants and accept the viewpoints of the contrarians. And if your inner child insists that you are hurt and need to add someone to the ignore list - just do it and keep quiet about.

Geez. Such tender feelings.

Now get off my yard!!!

Wes.
It was in response to Wes's quote. No offense intended.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not meaning to single you out. It started with @55plus comment.
I learn so much from this forum; so I did not want to see the comments escalate.
The majority of posters try to keep it on the square and level. A few can be very biased, closed minded and insulting on how others enjoy the use of timeshares. One way does not work for every traveler. A variety of opinions may help someone find a cheaper way to enjoy the benefits of time-sharing. Tug has helped me learn the system and make it work for my way of traveling.

Aftermath

Reaction score
Newport said not accepting new reservations until 7/31 but I was able to book Long Wharf 7/19. Whether that will be canceled is another story. We had 6/20 reservations that were canceled and those aren’t available to book, and a week or 2 ago, July could not be booked at all. Maybe a glitch but I figured I would report.
Do you have any further info on opening of NEWPORT resorts?

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
The website still says not accepting new reservations until July 31. My reservation for July 19th hasn’t been canceled yet. I will let you know if it does get canceled.

JudiZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this thread. I have been trying to check out Newport for several days. Now that our Smuggs week was cancelled, we were hoping to use our points in Rhode Island (still driveable) but every time I search, it seems to default to Bentley Brook in western Massachusetts. Good to know it's not just me. Of course, since it's a new site, I should have known better!

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this thread. I have been trying to check out Newport for several days. Now that our Smuggs week was cancelled, we were hoping to use our points in Rhode Island (still driveable) but every time I search, it seems to default to Bentley Brook in western Massachusetts. Good to know it's not just me. Of course, since it's a new site, I should have known better!
It is not easy to book Newport in the summer. I think we were lucky and got a partial week because of cancellations and happening upon some dates opening unexpectedly.
Bentley Brook is a lot of fun if you can go there. The adventure park is a short walk and has lots to do.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

Not a site problem per se, just the way it works. The referral to Bentley Brook is Wyndham's way of telling you that there's nothing available in Newport all summer long (there rarely is, as MaryBella7 pointed out).

The system probably suggested Bentley Brook because it is the closest to Newport, certainly not because it shares any relevant characteristics with Newport, RI resorts.

People have been getting some really strange suggestions for alternative resorts.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
The website still says not accepting new reservations until July 31. My reservation for July 19th hasn’t been canceled yet. I will let you know if it does get canceled.
My sister had a Long Wharf reservation for checking in July 6th that she cancelled on June 21st because she called the resort and they told her they were not open. She wasn't willing to chance it (she's a planner and not knowing for sure if it would be honored isn't something she was willing to do). I hope it works out for you.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
My sister had a Long Wharf reservation for checking in July 6th that she cancelled on June 21st because she called the resort and they told her they were not open. She wasn't willing to chance it (she's a planner and not knowing for sure if it would be honored isn't something she was willing to do). I hope it works out for you.
They changed the accepting new reservations date on the website from July 31 to July 5, so I am hopeful.
Thank you! I am sorry your sister isn’t going

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
For the record, it was me, I think. When I went in yesterday, I finally found the availability calendar. I was actually looking in October but what I discovered is that I was missing what I needed by a day - I wanted to check in Sunday but the available inventory started on Monday. As it turns out, we decided to deposit our points into 2022 instead. We are just feeling like there is still too much "going on" to make a reservation in the next few months. In New England, states are at all kinds of different parts of the reopening phases (and VT is still on the upswing) so if we get another wave, we could be in the same crazy place. As it is, we have FL reservations for September and while even a couple of weeks ago I thought that would work, I am no longer certain.

As always, I'll focus on the good news: it's only a vacation. Everone in my family is still healthy and have their jobs. Trying to keep perspective in uncertain times.:)

Judi

Cely218

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have Florida Ocean Walk reserved for end of July. Since spike of cases there and I don't know if Wyndham may cancel me, I am thinking to cancel. I am not sure it worth all the risk and not know if we go there be anything to do but sit in room. Is there a site where Wyndham says what capacity they are allowing and what amenities are closed?

Sealions

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Not a site problem per se, just the way it works. The referral to Bentley Brook is Wyndham's way of telling you that there's nothing available in Newport all summer long (there rarely is, as MaryBella7 pointed out).

The system probably suggested Bentley Brook because it is the closest to Newport, certainly not because it shares any relevant characteristics with Newport, RI resorts.

People have been getting some really strange suggestions for alternative resorts.

AFAIK the other suggestions are proximity based. Meaning within 250 miles of the city/state/resort search. I don't believe it's any fancier than that right now.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
A 5 night at long wharf starting the 19th of July popped up. Not sure how long it will last.

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, MaryBella! The reson we are looking for October is that our new grandson (our daughter's) is due at the end of July so we are sticking close to home. However, believe it or not, my husband and I were at Long Wharf 9 years ago when our other grandson (our son's) was born three weeks early! Maybe we should have grabbed this and hoped history repeated itself since she is so uncomfortable and he is head down and ready to rock and roll at 7.5 pounds! :banana:

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Uhm - is this thread still about "Accepting New Reservations Dates?"

Has anyone else noticed that the San Francisco locations still show an
ANR date of 8/2 and yet received an email and phone notification that
their (owner, not guest) reservation for later than that had been cancelled?

"As the COVID-19 situation evolves, Club Wyndham Canterbury will have to remain temporarily closed at this time."

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Uhm - is this thread still about "Accepting New Reservations Dates?"

Has anyone else noticed that the San Francisco locations still show an
ANR date of 8/2 and yet received an email and phone notification that
their (owner, not guest) reservation for later than that had been cancelled?

"As the COVID-19 situation evolves, Club Wyndham Canterbury will have to remain temporarily closed at this time."

when did you get the email?

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also I happened to notice this morning that all 5 SF resorts
still have an ANR date of 8/2 listed.

*But* on extraholidays.com neither Canterbury nor Donatello
has availability showing until 8/17.

So it might be a thought for anyone with a reservation soon
after an ANR date to also check extraholidays for an inexact
confirmation of availability. I wonder if this discrepancy reflects
some kind of "soft open" or intentional usage of a subset of rooms.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
On Shell and WM sites SF is now 8/17

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
kinda playing a watch-and-wait game with it

To close out my mini-thread - I noticed just today my reservation was
not-so-mysteriously gone, for a checkin date of 8/3, and the associated
points had already been credited. Woo hoo?