• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Accepting New Reservations Dates

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
The ANR dates have changed for several locations -- pushed back to a later date.

New Orleans was 6/15, now 7/6
Kingsgate and Patriots' Place (Wmsburg) were 6/26, now 7/6
Skyline Tower (Atl. City) was 6/15, now 7/5

These are the ones I noticed because I have or had something working there.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
The Hawaii resorts changed from July 5 to July 31 - no surprise, after the extension of the 14 day quarantine.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Well, now all four resorts in Virginia are over in the Open column with Open Dates of 6/22.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
The world has changed so we need to adapt until a cure is developed, not hide in our houses. We need to live our lives. We learned to practice safe sex, so take it a step further and learn to practice safe socializing. Everything is risky. Driving, smoking, shooting up and smoking drugs, sex, etc., can kill you, but people continue to do them. People die every day and yet life goes on. No more lock downs of closures. Adapt!

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
The world has changed so we need to adapt until a cure is developed, not hide in our houses. We need to live our lives. We learned to practice safe sex, so take it a step further and learn to practice safe socializing. Everything is risky. Driving, smoking, shooting up and smoking drugs, sex, etc., can kill you, but people continue to do them. People die every day and yet life goes on. No more lock downs of closures. Adapt!

So, everyone should continue doing drugs and shooting up and smoking etc., etc.? What about robbing and raping and killing and bombing and shooting? Are those okay too? WTF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, everyone should continue doing drugs and shooting up and smoking etc., etc.? What about robbing and raping and killing and bombing and shooting? Are those okay too? WTF?

Wow! You really took that post a little to seriously. Maybe just follow your own moral compass?

Last edited:

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Everything I mentioned is legal. The doing illegal drugs are accepted in many liberal cities and states. The additional things you mentioned are illegal across the country, so no, those are not okay. I don't know what your point is. Mine is, accept there is a new normal and adjust accordingly instead of hiding in your house. Businesses need to accept things are going to be different going forward and adapt. We pay Wyndham to manage our timeshares. They need to adapt so we can continue to use what we paid for. If Wyndham can't or won't adapt, I'm sure the HOAs can find a management company that will. The first hurdle is breaking the conflict of interest Wyndham has within the HOAs.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Now, children. Be nice!

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Everything I mentioned is legal. The doing illegal drugs are accepted in many liberal cities and states.

Just so you know, you’re first 2 sentences contradict each other.

Oh, and welcome to my ignore list!

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe I’m missing something.

But the whole “welcome to my ignore list” is so petulant. It’s like a little kid taking his toys and going home.

If you don’t want someone to disagree with you ... here’s a novel idea - don’t post. If you’re going to post - wear your big boy or big girl pants and accept the viewpoints of the contrarians. And if your inner child insists that you are hurt and need to add someone to the ignore list - just do it and keep quiet about.

Geez. Such tender feelings.

Now get off my yard!!!

Wes.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You read what you want to read and I’ll read what I want to read.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok. I can accept that. I respect your right to a different viewpoint. And I appreciate that you didn’t add me to the ignore list ... at least as far as I know.

Have a good weekend. Dream of virus-free vacations. I know I will.

Wes.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe I’m missing something.

But the whole “welcome to my ignore list” is so petulant. It’s like a little kid taking his toys and going home.

If you don’t want someone to disagree with you ... here’s a novel idea - don’t post. If you’re going to post - wear your big boy or big girl pants and accept the viewpoints of the contrarians. And if your inner child insists that you are hurt and need to add someone to the ignore list - just do it and keep quiet about.

Geez. Such tender feelings.

Now get off my yard!!!

Wes.
That was the way it worked in our day. Or you called the guy out and whooped his ass after school. Many problems were solved the old fashioned way back in the day. Wes the problem is many spineless posters post under a alias and hide behind it. I hate to say it but we have many snowflakes among us in todays world!

Last edited:

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Newport said not accepting new reservations until 7/31 but I was able to book Long Wharf 7/19. Whether that will be canceled is another story. We had 6/20 reservations that were canceled and those aren’t available to book, and a week or 2 ago, July could not be booked at all. Maybe a glitch but I figured I would report.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Newport said not accepting new reservations until 7/31 but I was able to book Long Wharf 7/19. Whether that will be canceled is another story. We had 6/20 reservations that were canceled and those aren’t available to book, and a week or 2 ago, July could not be booked at all. Maybe a glitch but I figured I would report.
People were saying that you could book by calling the resort but not through the regular Wyndham channels. When does that ever happen?

regatta333

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
How in the world do you even search for what is available on this new website? I keep getting prompted for dates. When I put them in and check the "My dates are flexible box", no results are returned. No matter what I do, I cannot get into any sort of availability calendar.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
How in the world do you even search for what is available on this new website? I keep getting prompted for dates. When I put them in and check the "My dates are flexible box", no results are returned. No matter what I do, I cannot get into any sort of availability calendar.

It's awful. No availability calendar. I put in dates like a crapshoot and click that they are flexible and see if anything hits. If nothing hits, they don't even say that it doesn't, they just go to the search screen again.

regatta333

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
It's awful. No availability calendar. I put in dates like a crapshoot and click that they are flexible and see if anything hits. If nothing hits, they don't even say that it doesn't, they just go to the search screen again.

I called and spoke with a VC. She said they are working on an availability calendar, but no projection as to when it would be available. She said you basically have to call in and have them check for you. Why would they roll out a new version of the website before they had this feature ready? It is basically unusable in its current format.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you keep calling and running the VCs through their paces Wyndham will see how the calls have increased and maybe they'll expedite the calendar. Without it we are at a disadvantage. Wyndham Extra Holidays has a calendar view as does other Wyndham lodging websites. It's ridicules Wyndham launched our, the owner's website, the website that we have to pay for, without a calendar view.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
They said it would be ready by the end of June.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s so ridiculous that they roll out a new website that takes months to work correctly.

I can’t believe they are allowed to treat us in such a fraudulent manner.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you keep calling and running the VCs through their paces Wyndham will see how the calls have increased and maybe they'll expedite the calendar. Without it we are at a disadvantage. Wyndham Extra Holidays has a calendar view as does other Wyndham lodging websites. It's ridicules Wyndham launched our, the owner's website, the website that we have to pay for, without a calendar view.
Wyndham can get away with this because owners have very little recourse. The only way to stop the beatings is to not participate in the club. Sell ownership ( give away) and rent when needed. Or click your heals and just keep saying "Owners first"

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham can get away with this because owners have very little recourse. The only way to stop the beatings is to not participate in the club. Sell ownership ( give away) and rent when needed. Or click your heals and just keep saying "Owners first"
Our ownership is going on 30 years old now, so we could walk away when the time comes and come out ahead. It was great under Fairfield but Fairfield had limited resorts and locations. Under Wyndham we have many more resorts and locations, but we also have to deal with Wyndham's crap, like their new and NOT so improved websites they force on us.