• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A funny thing happened on the way to quarantine...

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
So I've been pretty good about staying quarantined at home. I have kept myself busy, and have tried to keep a good attitude. But to be honest, I haven't gotten out much in the last six weeks since I retired, and I think it's starting to show. Then something happened a few minutes ago that cracked me right up:

I was catching up on recorded TV shows, and I found an episode of Survivor I hadn't seen. I record it each week so I can skip through the commercials, and somehow I'd missed watching it from last week. I'm good at staying up to date with shows I like, and this surprised me. But, oh well. I knew this week's episode was going to record this evening, so I watched the one I found. I felt very smug, and wanted to be ready for tonight. It was exciting to think I'd see new episodes two nights in a row.

And then I happened to glance at the calendar, and I realized today is Thursday, not Wednesday. The Survivor I watched this morning was from last night, not last week. Doh! I'd actually forgotten what day of the week it was. After I laughed at my own embarrassment, I wondered if this has happened to anyone else? I've seen the quarantine joke about renaming the days of the week to Thisday, Thatday, and so forth, but I never thought it would happen to me. :D

Has anything "real world" and silly happened to you in quarantine? Have you lost track of time or days of the week? Forgot how to drive your car? Forgot what your boss or neighbors look like? Let's hear it!

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Oh yes, I can easily lose track of the date, and day of the week. Dh feels he's doing well when he remembers what month it is.

It started with retirement, but now is even worse. The only thing that kind of keeps me on track is that our dd, who lives with us, is working from home and she has a regular work week schedule. So I always know when it's the weekend. :D However she has a schedule where she works Monday through Friday one week, then the next week Monday through Thursday. So I can still get thrown off.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
So I've been pretty good about staying quarantined at home. I have kept myself busy, and have tried to keep a good attitude. But to be honest, I haven't gotten out much in the last six weeks since I retired, and I think it's starting to show. Then something happened a few minutes ago that cracked me right up:

I was catching up on recorded TV shows, and I found an episode of Survivor I hadn't seen. I record it each week so I can skip through the commercials, and somehow I'd missed watching it from last week. I'm good at staying up to date with shows I like, and this surprised me. But, oh well. I knew this week's episode was going to record this evening, so I watched the one I found. I felt very smug, and wanted to be ready for tonight. It was exciting to think I'd see new episodes two nights in a row.

And then I happened to glance at the calendar, and I realized today is Thursday, not Wednesday. The Survivor I watched this morning was from last night, not last week. Doh! I'd actually forgotten what day of the week it was. After I laughed at my own embarrassment, I wondered if this has happened to anyone else? I've seen the quarantine joke about renaming the days of the week to Thisday, Thatday, and so forth, but I never thought it would happen to me. :D

Has anything "real world" and silly happened to you in quarantine? Have you lost track of time or days of the week? Forgot how to drive your car? Forgot what your boss or neighbors look like? Let's hear it!

Dave
You didn’t need quarantine for this to happen. Welcome to the world of retirement when all days can be the same.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
DaveNW, guess what? your left side of your brain; just told you, you are retired. Every day is Saturday or Sunday. The days of the weeks will only be important when you are looking at a calendar. IMO.. LOL
Please enjoy your retirement. It is awesome.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
DaveNW, guess what? your left side of your brain; just told you are retired. Every day is Saturday or Sunday. The days of the weeks will only be important when you are looking at a calendar. IMO.. LOL
Please enjoy your retirement. It is awesome.

Thank you! I was wondering. I can't find my wristwatch. I shut off my alarm. I have to look at my phone to find out what time it is. When I leave the house I have to hunt for two shoes that match. I step outside into the sun, and it's like, "Ow! Ow!! It burns!!" :D

Dave

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Reading your post and I had to think for a bit to figure out what day it is. LOL! Here in the midwest, I don't even know what season it is. Today it is 40 and raining all day. A couple days ago it was sunny and I was in my kayak. It's very disorienting.

Today's excitement: neighbors are going to Costco and stopping at one of our favorite restaurants for carry out. They are bring us dinner. Yay!

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
First thing I do every single morning - and have always done most of my life- is look at my calendar- even though now it is essentially empty.:(

I use the iCalendar and have various calendars: Health Care, Travel, Church, etc.

I was sure things weren’t working right as all of April was blank.

Then I realized everything for April had been canceled.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This same thing happens in retirement. The worst thing that I found out lately is that I forget about the time too. I missed Dioxide's TUG Meeting on Sunday even though I had a reminder set up on my google calendar. I was happily merrily working on smoking some pork ribs on the pellet grill.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I always knew what day it is because of the TV schedule. Except now everything I watch, except I think Young Sherman which has its season finale tonight, is on summer break. Survivor Wednesday is pretty much the last thing left except Killing Eve on Sundays. But the actual date? Forget it. Only reason I know today is the 30th is the last day of the month and I'm trying to use up my eBay free listings.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am self employed … and older than my worker-bee. He has decided that I need to STAY HOME in NJ. And tells me that my sisters ALL agree with him. They are all YOUNGER and NONE of them WORKs. My brother is OLDER than me and HE is still working fulltime as a Public Defender Lawyer, I live in New Jersey and my siblings live in Maryland, Nebraska, California and Texas.

My day is FULL of fun-filled activity …. court, police, local municipal employees and Home Depot stores plus my worker-bee. He has worked full time for me LONGER than he has known his wife, went to HS with my younger (and retired] Texas sister and our deceased fathers worked for years together here in NJ.

And my 90+ year old aunt lives near me and only I have the keys to her house (built in 1702 with a new addition built in 1859… our family built this home) while she lives in a modern apartment on 1st floor in the same town. I am a 10th generation New Jersey resident.

I did have real jobs decades ago .... as a computer programmer, systems analyst and computer contractor consultant. Spent close to 7 years teaching part-time at a community college. Been self-employed since 1987. I have majors in Math and Computer Science and a minor in Accounting competed in 3.5 years at 2 different colleges. Earned a MBA in 1984.

There is MANY activities you can do while staying home; Facetime, make future travel plans, read, take online classes, paint the house, grow a garden, diet, exercise and connect with old friends.

But, LOOK TO THE FUTURE. This too will pass.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I usually know the day, sometimes the date. ---- cell phone calendar and reminder app are fantastic :)

I know, right? I'm learning. :D

Dave

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
First thing I do every single morning - and have always done most of my life- is look at my calendar- even though now it is essentially empty.:(

Here

Monday. Chillin
Tuesday Chillin
Wednesday Chillin
Thursday Chillin
Friday Chillin
Saturday Chillin
Sunday Chillin

Everyday. Do whatever my heart desires.

At the top of each Calendar month, add

HELLO PENSION, GOODBYE TENSION

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here

Monday. Chillin
Tuesday Chillin
Wednesday Chillin
Thursday Chillin
Friday Chillin
Saturday Chillin
Sunday Chillin

Everyday. Do whatever my heart desires.

At the top of each Calendar month, add

HELLO PENSION, GOODBYE TENSION

I agree with your Last comment.
Hello Pension, Goodbye Tension.
No more dealing with politics on the job.
Chilling is must better than tension on the job.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I agree with your Last comment.
Hello Pension, Goodbye Tension.
No more dealing with politics on the job.
Chilling is must better than tension on the job.

I am semi retired and I’m beginning to like a bare calendar. Soon, the only thing that will be in my calendar will be.

Flight x to HNL. Check in Hilton Hawaiian village. Grab mai tai mix.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Happens all the time. Wife has to remind me of why Saturday Night Live doesn't come on any other night. I get up when I'm through sleeping. Eat when I'm hungry. My concession to 'normalcy' when it matters (traveling) is wearing a watch.

Jim

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

Dave
I learned about 3 weeks into my retirement back in 1999, that I am almost always wrong when guessing the day of the week. Guess who gets real P - od over this

geekette

Reaction score
Reading your post and I had to think for a bit to figure out what day it is. LOL! Here in the midwest, I don't even know what season it is. Today it is 40 and raining all day. A couple days ago it was sunny and I was in my kayak. It's very disorienting.

Today's excitement: neighbors are going to Costco and stopping at one of our favorite restaurants for carry out. They are bring us dinner. Yay!
Yes! Is this actually April? Why are we plunging below 40 again tonight?

I know what day it is when I look at my computer. I never wore a watch and generally have never cared what time it is unless I have an appt. I keep odd hours. I had to take a nap today, which I don't like to do, but had to vanquish a headache. So, late night, my second wind arrives.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Since I retired, time and date are easily mixed up. Once, I went to get my hair cut on the wrong day but it would have been the right time.

Since the quarantine I find myself walking into the kitchen, getting there, then forgeting why I am in the kitchen. This usually leads to grabbing some munchies. Then back to the tv, laptop or where ever. All this happens without smoking any pot or having some drinks.

Bill

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're pretending things are normal so we don't forget what day it is. For example, Monday was always the day we went to the movies. So, instead, we watch a movie in our theater room, make popcorn with butter like the theater, DW has iced coffee like the theater, etc. We make sure the movie starts at a specific time just like the theater, get dressed like the theater, etc. We do the same things for all other days "just like" before with appropriate substitutes.

40's!? What state? We're fixing to hit 94 by Monday. That should start disinfecting any outside surfaces. I'm ready for the heat, love it. More time outside for me.