• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A funny thing happened on the way to quarantine...

geekette

Reaction score
40's!? What state? We're fixing to hit 94 by Monday. That should start disinfecting any outside surfaces. I'm ready for the heat, love it. More time outside for me.
Indiana. We have had a few days that made it into the 60s, maybe one into 70s. 40s and 50s way too much. I want to plant my veggies but have to keep them warm and happy in my crappy little greenhouse. It's good I didn't start anything earlier as the repotting to ever larger would have overrun my "keep you warm" space. ugh. poor seedlings.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Indiana. We have had a few days that made it into the 60s, maybe one into 70s. 40s and 50s way too much.
I hear ya. It was a little brisk this morning, upper 30's. Supposed to be in the 70's this weekend. Gotta luv Wisconsin.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have forgotten/mixed up what day of the week it is many times. The thing that I don't understand is why that is happening because I have still had a full calendar of activities online. This is the first week where I've said enough of all that stuff and decided not to take anymore online classes and not to keep doing Zoom meetings/gatherings. I think all the time on the computer turned my brain into jello. Even though I would know that I had a class from 9-3 and the a Zoom meeting later at 6:30, I was still forgetting what day of the week it was.

Now that the sun finally returned around here, I am outdoors a lot more and I actually remembered what day it was all day yesterday and so far, have been very aware that today is a Friday. I think the lack of sunshine and all the screen time tried to fry my brain.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Now that the sun finally returned around here, I am outdoors a lot more and I actually remembered what day it was all day yesterday and so far, have been very aware that today is a Friday. I think the lack of sunshine and all the screen time tried to fry my brain.

I think that says it a lot for me. Here in the Pacific Northwest, grey days are not unusual, and rain is something we get more of than we want. (The old joke applies: "People here don't tan - they rust!" ;)) But when we know Spring is happening by the date, we expect the weather to break, and sunshine should be happening a lot. We had a sunny streak and I planted a bunch of outdoor things earlier than I probably should have, and the weather tricked me. It was sunny and nice in late March, and I jumped on things. But then things went back to cloudy and wet every day, and I had to stay indoors more than I normally would. Add the quarantine, and I felt imprisoned. That made every day look like the day before, and impatience took over. (And I'm not talking about the flower. :D) The temperatures have been sketchy, too, so that every day looked like the day before.

With no reason to leave the house, the only thing that changed was the calendar date. And with nothing on the calendar, every day looked like the day before. I am certainly not used to that.

This morning dawned sunny and glorious. I hope my plants get a good dose of Vitamin D today. I may join them. :)

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
It's been in the high 70's into the 80's here in Santa Fe and into the 90's in Albuquerque. And yes, we are expecting at least one more snow.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
It's been in the high 70's into the 80's here in Santa Fe and into the 90's in Albuquerque. And yes, we are expecting at least one more snow.

That is the kind of thing I'd have trouble adjusting to. Our temps are more mild, even if they're usually lower than that. I don't mind 70s or 80, but I'd have to work up to them, after spending months in the 30s and 40s.

Dave

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I am self employed … and older than my worker-bee. He has decided that I need to STAY HOME in NJ. And tells me that my sisters ALL agree with him. They are all YOUNGER and NONE of them WORKs. My brother is OLDER than me and HE is still working fulltime as a Public Defender Lawyer, I live in New Jersey and my siblings live in Maryland, Nebraska, California and Texas.

My day is FULL of fun-filled activity …. court, police, local municipal employees and Home Depot stores plus my worker-bee. He has worked full time for me LONGER than he has known his wife, went to HS with my younger (and retired] Texas sister and our deceased fathers worked for years together here in NJ.

And my 90+ year old aunt lives near me and only I have the keys to her house (built in 1702 with a new addition built in 1859… our family built this home) while she lives in a modern apartment on 1st floor in the same town. I am a 10th generation New Jersey resident.

I did have real jobs decades ago .... as a computer programmer, systems analyst and computer contractor consultant. Spent close to 7 years teaching part-time at a community college. Been self-employed since 1987. I have majors in Math and Computer Science and a minor in Accounting competed in 3.5 years at 2 different colleges. Earned a MBA in 1984.

There is MANY activities you can do while staying home; Facetime, make future travel plans, read, take online classes, paint the house, grow a garden, diet, exercise and connect with old friends.

But, LOOK TO THE FUTURE. This too will pass.

I personally cannot look to the future without an end date to this nightmare. I am such a planner and so future oriented and this has zapped the life out of me. I have a hard time being motivated to do anything now. I just don't see the point for most things.

The daytime still goes fast for me amazingly. The evenings and nights are long.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Thank you! I was wondering. I can't find my wristwatch. I shut off my alarm. I have to look at my phone to find out what time it is. When I leave the house I have to hunt for two shoes that match. I step outside into the sun, and it's like, "Ow! Ow!! It burns!!" :D

Dave
HA! If you think it burns, just wait till you move to Nevada!!!!:)

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I keep track of the days when reading the morning newspaper. I know what features are published on which day. But during COVID, we leave the paper outside for 24 hours before reading so I'm a day behind. I only know what day it is today because the pool man came. He always comes on Friday.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Unless we have something special going on I relish the freedom to be able to neither have to know nor care what time it is or which day of the week it is. When I was working my work life revolved around time and schedules.

However I'm entirely too comfortable being a slug in quarantine and that isn't good. This is reinforcing my resolve to join the gym DH was going to before this. I need to work on getting back in shape when it's safe. I mostly book the discount airlines and the checked bag limit is 40 lbs. I'm a pretty good judge and tell DH if I can lift it up with one hand when I'm checking the bag then it isn't over 40 lbs. or at least not by more than they will let me get away with being over. The last couple of times when I was weighing the bag at home and again when I was putting it on the scale when checking in at the airport I found myself using both hands to lift it because I've gotten lazy about getting enough exercise to stay in shape.

geekette

Reaction score
it's sunny and 64! I am part time outside today. Tomorrow even warmer - even more time outside! I am putting off mowing, need another dry day, hotter day. Could even sit on deck and have a meal. yay!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our golf courses are reopen by the governor today. We have a high of 95 degrees today and we went to the driving range at 7am. By 8:30am or so I was ready to get out of the heat, Dreading when it will get to 110 in summer. Fortunately it is dry heat as they say...

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Today is the first day of the next couple of days with cooler weather at night. Well cooler for our part of Florida that is. It was in the high 60's and then lower 70's this morning so we were able to have the doors and windows open until noon today. Considering it's May 1st being able to have the doors and windows open for a few hours and be comfortable is really, really nice.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our golf courses are reopen by the governor today. We have a high of 95 degrees today and we went to the driving range at 7am. By 8:30am or so I was ready to get out of the heat, Dreading that it will get to 110 in summer. Fortunately it is dry heat as they say...

Our golf courses in Maine opened today 5/1.

My 'home course' will be open in a few days; with several restrictions.

As an example, we will NOT be going to the driving range as You mentioned above.

No putting green, only 5 minutes from car to 1st Tee, and 18th green to car, etc.

And don't drop (lose) a club on the ground, the attendants will document it, but not pick it up.

(many) Other things, too----I will certainly follow the rules----I just wanna PLAY GOLF!!!

Pat

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh----no scorecards, pencils-----so I'll just say ".....I played well..." haha!

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But it's a dry heat... ;)

Dave
Yeah, right, that's what they saaaaaayyyyyyy. Couldn't have proved it by me when I was in AZ during the summer.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our golf courses in Maine opened today 5/1.
My 'home course' will be open in a few days; with several restrictions.
As an example, we will NOT be going to the driving range as You mentioned above.
No putting green, only 5 minutes from car to 1st Tee, and 18th green to car, etc.
And don't drop (lose) a club on the ground, the attendants will document it, but not pick it up.
(many) Other things, too----I will certainly follow the rules----I just wanna PLAY GOLF!!!

Pat

The rules at the country club where we belong are less restrictive. We have our own golf cart so that removes another layer of risk. Also, our membership is so small that we can have our own tee times without being partnered with others. A public golf course within our community has closed all restrooms except for the one at the snack shack by the club house. That makes it interesting.

These are the protocols at our club.

MANDATED Physical Distancing. Members & Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from each other. This includes all areas of the golf course, practice and cart areas, and will be strictly enforced by dedicated personnel.

DRIVING RANGE
o Hitting stations will be a minimum of six feet apart.
o Balls will be thoroughly cleaned with soap, bleach or disinfectant after each pick of the range and before they are placed back on the range.
o All range staff attendants MUST wear gloves.
o Range buckets are disinfected after each golfer use.

GOLF CARTS
o Carts are wiped down with disinfectant spray or wipes BEFORE and AFTER each round. This includes steering wheels, cart seats, arm rests, cart dashes, cup holders, gear shifts and cart keys.
o Golf carts are power washed BEFORE and AFTER each round and then disinfected.
o Tees, towels, cart coolers and bottled waters have been removed from carts.
o Outside staff will be wearing gloves when placing scorecards and pencils on the cart and will replace them after each round.

OUTSIDE SERVICES STAFF PROCEDURES
o Bag room areas will be cleaned and disinfected regularly.
o All outside service staff will wear gloves when working and change out as necessary.
o Golfers should place their own golf bags on their golf cart. Outside services staff SHOULD NOT touch a guest’s golf bag or clean their golf clubs.
o WILL NOT pick up golfers in a cart in the parking lot.
o Staff members will refrain from shaking hands with guests.
o NO bag drop stations in use.
o No handling of golf bags at ANY TIME.

GOLF COURSE PROCEDURES
o NO FIVESOMES
o NO SHOTGUN STARTS
o Only one (1) person per golf cart except for those who reside in the same household.
o All rakes and ball washers have been removed from the course.
o Golfers can pick up their ball in a bunker and smooth out the sand and then replace the golf ball.
o All flagsticks have been removed on practice putting area and cups have been turned upside down.
o Restrooms on golf course will remain open, cleaned every two hours and sanitized daily. A sheet will be placed in the restrooms to show the times of the day the restroom was cleaned.
o Cups on the greens have been modified so that the golfer does not put their hand in the cup. If you hit the cup your ball is deemed holed.

PRO SHOP AND SURROUNDING AREA OF CLUBHOUSE
o Wipe down glass and door handles to pro shop every two hours.
o Inside pro shop wipe down countertops, computer keyboards, etc. throughout the day.
o Some facilities are leaving entrance doors open so that guests do not have to touch the doors.
o No tables and chairs should be present to allow people to sit and congregate.

geekette

Reaction score
Climate tolerance is a funny thing. I can't understand living in heat that requires AC as a Necessity. Just seems crazy uncomfortable, too easy to dehydrate. Others can't understand why I would live somewhere that might have -40, ice storms, blizzards.

I have never quite understood wanting to retire to Florida. It is hot and Humid! I get enough hot and humid here, I just don't think I would do well as an old lady in constant sticky. And, I'm afraid of gators. very afraid. I choose tornado alley over those and hurricanes.

The west, however, has amazing space and sunsets and natural rock formations. And dry heat with cool desert nights.

What a great country, something for everyone!

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I keep track of the days when reading the morning newspaper. I know what features are published on which day. But during COVID, we leave the paper outside for 24 hours before reading so I'm a day behind. I only know what day it is today because the pool man came. He always comes on Friday.
Wow your pools open, we are lucky if we can go in the pool by mid to late June in MI, unless you 5 to 12 years old (Cold waters no big deal) enjoy. :cool:

geekette

Reaction score
Wow your pools open, we are lucky if we can go in the pool by mid to late June in MI, unless you 5 to 12 years old (Cold waters no big deal) enjoy. :cool:
Right on. I recall Coldwater Lake in southern MI. Dad liked sailing that one. I remember my brother pushing me in on one fall day that was chilly but windy. c c c c old water....