• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

25% Promo

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
The latest 25% Promo is live and at most most locations the window runs through May 12th. All bookings must be made by February 12th. I went in to book a stay at Ocean Enclave in April, but that promotion window ends on 2/28.

HGV Resorts: 25% Discount at these locations

Hokulani Waikiki, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club

Book by February 12, 2023: 25% Points discount for stays starting January 7, 2023, through May 12, 2023

The Grand Islander, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club

Book by February 12, 2023: 25% Points discount for stays starting January 7, 2023, through May 12, 2023

The Penthouses at The Grand Islander, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club

Grand Waikikian, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club

The Penthouses at Grand Waikikian, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club

The Bay Club, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club

Kohala Suites, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club

Kings' Land, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club

Ocean Tower, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club

Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club

The Boulevard, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club

Anderson Ocean Club, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club

Book by February 12, 2023: 25% Points discount for stays starting January 7, 2023, through February 28, 2023

Ocean Enclave, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club

Book by February 12, 2023: 25% Points discount for stays starting January 7, 2023, through February 28, 2023

West 57th Street, a Hilton Club

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the discount can be applied to existing reservations without a cancel/rebook?

Cheers.

Edit: Answered my own question: Just did a change to the same reservation and it rebooked with the reduced points. Saved on an existing W. 57th stay,

Last edited:

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does anyone know if the discount can be applied to existing reservations without a cancel/rebook?

Cheers.

Under the last promo I was able to change an existing reservation, but it was outside the 60 day window where you can’t change a reservation. I think I might have added a day and then removed it, but can’t remember exactly what I did.

As an aside, I really wish they would change the policy where you could add day(s) to an existing reservation inside 30 days where you really don’t have an option to cancel and get your points back unless you buy protection. I have a studio booked at the end of the month and just needed to add one night. Only option that would work was to make a totally new reservation that negated the need for the first one. The cost of buying protection on the first booking would have been more than the points cost me. Now I have a room that I’m basically throwing away that nobody else can book.

Last edited:

WIHuck

TUG Member
Reaction score
Funny how the Hawaii stuff is on sale again. We are at Kings Land right now and at the sales presentation we were told the Hawaii properties are in the most demand! We ended up here because nothing else was available and also got it on sale when offered through a rebooking.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
Funny how the Hawaii stuff is on sale again. We are at Kings Land right now and at the sales presentation we were told the Hawaii properties are in the most demand! We ended up here because nothing else was available and also got it on sale when offered through a rebooking.

it's not a bad place to be as a back up!

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Summer of 2018 or 2019 Kings Land was closing up their sales office or so I was told. We went to a presentation there and we were told that they were closing up shop and that all sells presentations and owners update will take place at Oceans Tower(?) - The newest HGVC that’s part of the Hilton Waikoloa hotel.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

We're the salesman's lips moving?

I'm going to Hokulani in a couple of weeks, I booked it with a 30% discount.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
I have a reservation coming up at the Elara that is about 5 weeks away in mid-February, and it seems to have availability. However, I realize that at less than 60 days out I can't change it. The pop up message says "Outside booking window of 1/10/23 - 10/13/23." What does this mean? I'm within those dates, so the message doesn't make sense.

fairprsn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Seapointe
Can anyone tell me how often these discount sales are offered and when? I am a new HGVCMAX owner and want to book at Ocean Tower for October but now I’m wondering if I should wait…?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how often these discount sales are offered and when? I am a new HGVCMAX owner and want to book at Ocean Tower for October but now I’m wondering if I should wait…?

It's safe to book, If the discount comes after, you can apply it ti previously-booked rooms. I just did that.

Cheers.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
question

if i book a room using the promo rate

then the promo ends

then I modify the reservation, for instance by shortening it one day

Do I get to preserve the promo rate on the part od the reservation I retained?

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
Do I get to preserve the promo rate on the part od the reservation I retained?
No, you lose the promo, and everything gets recalculated using current rates. Effectively, shortening by one day could result in a point cost to you.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
i was thinking that. so best to decide if I need that extra day before the promo ends.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It looks like the end date of the promo (excluding the Myrtle Beach properties) has been extended through May 25th, and the book by date is now March 6th.

Volcom32001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Newport Coast Villas(x2)
Marriott Grand Chateau(x2)
HGVC BLVD(x2)
Hello,
I'm a new resale owner for HGVC(still in the process). How do the promos work? Is there a promo code, do they send an email, is it applied when you search for reservation?
TIA
Brian

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Hello,
I'm a new resale owner for HGVC(still in the process). How do the promos work? Is there a promo code, do they send an email, is it applied when you search for reservation?
TIA
Brian

It shows on the grid when you select the reservation.

1675898877030.png

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Hello,
I'm a new resale owner for HGVC (still in the process). How do the promos work? Is there a promo code, do they send an email, or is it applied when you search for reservation?
No promo code and usually no email.
Usually, when you open your online account, you see a banner:

1675898767143.png

Click on that and you'll get a list of resorts with "book by" and "stay" dates.
Look at each resort for between the sales dates to see what's available.
The points for each stay will reflect the discount.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Book by February 12, 2023: 25% Points discount for stays starting January 7, 2023 . . . .

How does one do that?

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Book by February 12, 2023: 25% Points discount for stays starting January 7, 2023 . . . .
How does one do that?

H.G. Wells' time machine...

s-l500.jpg

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Maybe Sherman's and Mr. Peabody's Wayback Machine. (Let's see how many people get that one!)

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe Sherman's and Mr. Peabody's Wayback Machine. (Let's see how many people get that one!)

We just saw an excellent 2014 movie on Peacock, I think, with these. I'm old enough to remember them from the original, but this was much fun. Cult movie references like "Spartacus" and "Midnight Cowboy."

Cheers.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We just saw an excellent 2014 movie on Peacock, I think, with these. I'm old enough to remember them from the original, but this was much fun. Cult movie references like "Spartacus" and "Midnight Cowboy."

Cheers.

I loved the '60s era cartoon show but didn't know there was a movie! I'm one of the worst people around when it comes to pop culture.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A new 25% promotion....

Hilton Grand Vacations: Current Promotions​

This program is subject to availability and can be suspended at any time. The Discounted Stay offers highlighted here are valid for Hilton Grand Vacations Club Members only during the offer periods stated, subject to availability. HGVClub Members must use Hilton Grand Vacations ClubPoints, Saved Points or Bonus Points to book and confirm their reservation. Open Season rates are not eligible for this Discounted Stay offer. Standard Hilton Grand Vacations Club rules and regulations apply to all reservations.

The 25% off HGV ClubPoints required to make a reservation is only valid for new reservations booked from the time of receiving this offer through the mentioned April 12, 2023.

The discount percentages vary by date and destination; the discounts by resort are as follows:

FLORIDA - ORLANDO​

Las Palmeras, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club

• Book by April 12, 2023: 25% points discount for stays starting April 1, 2023, through August 31, 2023

NEVADA - LAS VEGAS​

Flamingo, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club

• Book by April 12, 2023: 25% points discount for stays starting March 24, 2023, through August 31, 2023

WASHINTON, D.C.​

The District, a Hilton Club

• Book by April 12, 2023: 25% points discount for stays starting May 1, 2023, through July 3, 2023