• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
TheUnitrep said:
Yesterday's episode was a perfect example of why I think 24 is one of the best shows on television -- I never know what is going to happen.

I never expected the "mea culpa" from Chief of Staff Cummings.

What wasn't surprising was President Logan trying to preserve his presidential legacy by turning a blind eye to the events.

I can't wait until next Monday to see what happens between 1:00-2:00 p.m.

Jerry

Have you ever noticed that Jack Bauer never takes a lunch break? I mentioned that to my hubby this past week when Jack was busy getting arrested and kicking butt from 12p.m.-1p.m.

I guess he survives on pure adrenalin rush!

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Carol C said:
Have you ever noticed that Jack Bauer never takes a lunch break? I mentioned that to my hubby this past week when Jack was busy getting arrested and kicking butt from 12p.m.-1p.m.

I guess he survives on pure adrenalin rush!

Funny observation. Now that I think about it, I don't think I recall him ever eating dinner as well.

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Amy said:
Funny observation. Now that I think about it, I don't think I recall him ever eating dinner as well.

Its only a day... The show started with him eating breakfast.
If I had to save the world. I could probably skip a couple meals.
I would think he might want to carry a water bottle.. he's got to be getting dehydrated.

RichM

TUG Member
Reaction score
For fun, some Jack Bauer-isms:

http://www.notrly.com/jackbauer/index.php?topthirty
(Rated TV-14 for language :) )

A few favorites:

If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

If Jack Bauer was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina Meyers, and he had a gun with 2 bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.

When Google can't find something, it asks Jack Bauer for help.

In 96 hours, Jack Bauer has killed 93 people and saved the world 4 times. What the #%$@ have you done with your life?

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
CaliDave said:
Its only a day... The show started with him eating breakfast.
If I had to save the world. I could probably skip a couple meals.
I would think he might want to carry a water bottle.. he's got to be getting dehydrated.

That reminds me -- I don't recall seeing him use the restroom as well. I guess super heros don't have the same needs we do.

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Amy said:
That reminds me -- I don't recall seeing him use the restroom as well. I guess super heros don't have the same needs we do.

If he's not eating or drinking.. there's no need to use the restroom

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
:D I must admit I'm having a few good laughs with the trajectory of this thread. I'm p.o.'ed at RCI today...wonder if Jack can kick some butt in Indiana on my behalf. :eek:

hoosiermarty

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were cruising and Mickey Mousing for two weeks and did not realize that 24 was back for another season. I forget to check channel 32 in the Chicago viewing area. So, thanks for the heads up and all the updating on the weeks that I missed. I eyes will be on 24 next Monday for sure. Thanks to you tuggers. A few weeks away from you all makes me a less informed person.

TheUnitrep

TUG Member
Reaction score
It sure looked like Jack was finally making progress, but when the clock struck 2:00 p.m., he ended up right back at "square one".

I think President Logan and the first lady will have to take a second stab at writing that speech (thanks to Chief of Staff Cummings).

Jerry

Last edited:

TheUnitrep

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just finished watching the latest episode (3:00-4:00 p.m.) thanks to Tivo.

Just when I thought President Logan was the worst person at handling pressure, in steps Lynn McGill, who took charge of CTU.

Each time the pressure increases, these two fold under it.

Thank heaven Jack is still cool as a cucumber!

I can't wait to see how the Prez falls apart when he is briefed the first lady is riding in the "doomed" motorcade!

I can't believe how quickly an hour goes by when I watch 24! If only my time at work went this fast.

Jerry

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, the first lady jumping in the limo was quite an interesting twist.
Did anyone else find it odd that cummings widow came to the white house to "pick up his body"? what are mortuaries for?

Gadabout

Reaction score
It must be a requirement that anyone working at CTU must have some sort of dysfunctional relative lurking in the background, ready at a moment's notice to cause all sorts of trouble.

TheUnitrep

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vintage Jack tonight -- especially when he shot Henderson's wife after Henderson refused to give him information about the nerve gas.

But...

I never expected the final 20 seconds of tonight's episode. The show didn't even end with the usual beep, beep, beep, beep....just silence as the final few seconds elapsed.

Based on the previews for next week's episode, it appears another key player is going by the wayside.

Jerry

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
TheUnitrep said:
Based on the previews for next week's episode, it appears another key player is going by the wayside.

Jerry

I'm thinking it will be Lynn, since he screwed up and caused all of this.

It's really not that hard to cut the power and shut off the ventilation systems of CTU and the Hospital..

cindi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an explaination for how the nerve gas container was gotten into CTU by the "bad guy"? He waked in with only a briefcase, and then he is down there setting up the rather large nerve gas container.

I sure didn't expect them to off good old Edgar. I liked him!

cindi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Spoiler comments

;)
CaliDave said:

It's really not that hard to cut the power and shut off the ventilation systems of CTU and the Hospital..

Well, in TV guide they were making it sound like a woman was coming in to take charge of CTU. So maybe we lose both of the head honchos. They probably didn't think to let Lynn out of the lockdown, for one.

chris5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some speculation

My guess is that Tony Almeida will find himself in the same safe room with Henderson and kill him after exacting the secret information from him. According to the previews, someone is supposed to make the ultimate sacrifice. We know it aint Jack and probably not Chloe, so it's either Buchannon, Audrey Raines or Tony. Where the heck is Curtis, he's supposed to be back-up for everyone? I suspect that Martha Logan will become more emboldened and hijack the Presidency after it becomes clear that this Vice President is a real threat and Logan keeps on whimping on us -- isn't this something, a President who needs to be smacked down! Martha and Pierce will get something going on too.

I love this show.

Gadabout

Reaction score
And Jack's daughter is whiny as ever.... <sigh> Some things never change.

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
What a horrible vision created by the writers -- can you imagine if we had a President and Vice President like the ones in 24? I so want to tear my hair out sometimes . . . .:mad:

Oh, please, please, please let something terrible happen to Lynn. :rolleyes:

The only negative about last night's episodes is the reappearance of Kim. Why won't she go away forever??!! And yuck, dating your psychiatrist.

When I watched the seals go in place for the various rooms, I started wondering if that is possible (i.e., can rooms be sealed like that or in some other way to protect against such gasses) and if so, do any of our government agencies have such protections? I'm thinking of agencies such as the NSA, Pentagon, etc.

RichM

TUG Member
Reaction score
In case you ever wondered, someone IS keeping track of Jack's total kill tally, by season, including video and stills of each kill including method and an attempt to identify the exact weapon used (if applicable) down to make and model.

http://www.bauercount.com/

FWIW, he's up to 15 so far this season, and one (plus another via collateral damage) was credited to his 'weapon' the "Palm Treo 650".

wauhob3

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
CaliDave said:

My guess is Tony since Michelle is dead. How did Lynn get back into CTU after the keycard was stolen? Is Edgar dead? I thought they had some time to administer an antidote. I haven't liked this season near as much as last years.

***Alas sadly Edgar really is dead. This is from their site and they have a poll of who will go all out for revenge of Edgar on the site.
http://www.fox.com/24/
6:59 P.M.
Edgar comes running into the bullpen from the electrical room. He sees Chloe in the situation room and calls to her. She watches helplessly as Edgar falls to his death. Chloe’s eyes tear up

Last edited:

TheUnitrep

TUG Member
Reaction score
wauhob3 said:
...Alas sadly Edgar really is dead. This is from their site and they have a poll of who will go all out for revenge of Edgar on the site.

There is a video clip with an interview with "Chloe" and "Edgar" discussing what it was like reading the script from last night's show (before they filmed it) and finding out Edgar's fate. It was pretty interesting.....

Jerry

opusX

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really don't know how you can watch this on TV! There is NO way I can wait a week to see the next episode. So I am 1 year behind and get DVD's through Netflix so I can watch the whole day in about 10 days. Sometimes we watch 4 episodes a night!