• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TheUnitrep

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jack is back, and it looks like he's in for another baaaad day!!!!

What an incredible first 14 minutes of this season's debut!

I know where I'll be every Monday at 9:00 P.M until the finale.

Jerry

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Jerry...I'm with you on this one! Riveting first 15 minutes, and the rest of the show was great too. I just wish they hadn't shown so much in the preview for tonight's premiere finale. I feel like I know everything that's going to happen. Still, it will be great to watch. P.S. Yay Chloe, one of my all-time fave 24 characters!

Bruce W

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad I taped last night. Just watched it, and I agree it was great. Never watch the teasers for the next shows.

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
I missed the 1st 8-10 minuites or so. Carol C was distracting me.
I started when Jack was watching TV about the assasination, then Tony and Michelle got blown up. Other than the ex President being shot. What happened?

TheUnitrep

TUG Member
Reaction score
CaliDave said:
I missed the 1st 8-10 minuites or so....Other than the ex President being shot. What happened?

Dave --

Aside from seeing President Palmer getting shot, you missed primarily filler.

The first few minutes showed how season four ended and then it dealt with Jack's (aka Frank) whereabouts and the life he was leading (as someone who is supposed to be dead).

Offing Palmer, Michelle (and possibly Tony) definitely was something I hadn't expected.

I'm sooooo looking forward to what happens from 0900-1100 on Jack's fifth bad day!!!

I'll Tivo it just in case I need to watch something again.

Jerry

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info..

I drive on the frontage road next to the Ontario Airport everyday.. it'll have new meaning since it appears most of the next couple hours will occur at the airport.

They are using the real Ontario airport for filming, but its the old terminal, just west of the new one. . I think they use it now for international cargo, overflow parking, car rentals and possibly smaller charter flights.

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like the beginning of another awesome season. I can't wait for tonight's two hours. I LOVE the four hour season premier episodes.

Gerie

Reaction score
Terrific season start! I made my not-hooked friend watch with me and I think he's a new regular viewer! (After all, I sat through about 8 hours of football with him!)

Wondering about Tony and is he gone? Two seasons ago he was shot in the neck and was back at CTU in about two hours ("24"-time). They do amazing things with bending/stretching time in that show.

I'm also a big Chloe fan and I'm happy to see Edgar back too.

Gerie

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I recorded it on my DISH player and lost the last 10 minutes, it seemed to start late (Fox east) because of the football game. What happened toward the end? Thanks
Liz

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gerie said:
Wondering about Tony and is he gone? Two seasons ago he was shot in the neck and was back at CTU in about two hours ("24"-time). They do amazing things with bending/stretching time in that show.

I'm sure Tony will be back in record time. He only has half his face gone and fuild on the brain.. that's an easy 2 hour repair :rolleyes:
He'll be out to avenge the death of his wife.

I watched the 1st season again, over the past few weeks. I had forgotten how much Tony used to hate Jack at the beginning of Day 1.

The reason I like the show so much is.. It's much harder to predict than the typical action movie.
Jack promised that guy in the oil field, if he gave up the info, he'd get him to the hospital. You expect him to call 911 or throw him in the helicopter and the guy would get taken away, but not with Jack. He just kills the guy.

The kid that is taken hostage at the airport. I'd typically think "ohhh he'll be fine" but you never know on this show.. Jack is the only person you know will always make it out alive.. other than that anything goes.

TheUnitrep

TUG Member
Reaction score
CaliDave said:
I missed the 1st 8-10 minuites or so... What happened?

Dave --

One thing I forgot was that one of the opening scenes showed Chloe in bed with a man who turned out to be one of the employees she supervises at CTU.

In typical Chloe-like fashion she says something to the effect, "get out of my bed, this wasn't a good idea."

She's such a straight shooter, I wish more people I know were so "unpolitically correct."

T minus 7 hours 36 minutes to liftoff!!!!!

Jerry

TheUnitrep

TUG Member
Reaction score
Liz Wolf-Spada said:
I recorded it on my DISH player and lost the last 10 minutes, it seemed to start late (Fox east) because of the football game. What happened toward the end? Thanks
Liz

Liz --

You didn't miss much.....only the entire reason why Jack is going to have a very, very bad day.

In a nutshell, after Jack drives Derek (teenage boy of his "Mojave girlfriend" Diane) to Ontario airport to re-unite with his mother, Jack goes into the terminal to find the baggage handler whose name was in the document on President Palmer's computer.

Derek sees a group of "sleazy-looking" thugs enter the terminal, tells his mother he has to warn Jack, jumps out of the car and runs into the terminal.

Jack locates the baggage handler, but before he can get any info from him, he hears gunfire in the terminal and lets go of the man for just an instant. Bad move for Jack, since the man reaches into his waistband, pulls out a cyanide capsule and offs himself.

The thugs kill a few members of airport security and demand that everyone lie on the floor. The leader then makes some sort of statement that the US and Russian Presidents must make a joint statement condemning the treaty talks that are about to begin or all hostages will die.

The hour ends with Jack taking a position in the terminal overlooking the hostage situation. He sees that Derek is one of the hostages.

I wouldn't be too upset about missing the last 10 minutes, I'm sure they will recap it at the beginning.

Jerry

Last edited:

Gerie

Reaction score
CaliDave said:
Jack is the only person you know will always make it out alive.. other than that anything goes.

Around here we try to predict who's alive and who's dead by the end of the season. The kid's got a vote, but I kinda think his mom is expendible. With Audrey in the picture, romantic complexity can get in the way of the plot.

Keifer Sutherland's been hinting in some interviews that Jack can't continue forever.....

I also love the introduction of Jean Smart.

Gerie

Chemee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Liz Wolf-Spada said:
Liz

Just wanted to add one thing to TheUnitrep's recap..........The First Lady wasn't losing it. President Logan's aide is working with the bad guys & doctored the recording between the First Lady & President Palmer.

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, thank you. It was so frustrating having lost the last 10 minutes and it seems like there was a lot of important information. I thought there was something fishy about the president's wife and the phone call, but I was suspecting President Logan, himself, as I've never really liked him and he is seeming to be a little disconnected himself, insisting on publicity over safety for the Russian president.
Liz

TheUnitrep

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chemee said:
Just wanted to add one thing to TheUnitrep's recap..........The First Lady wasn't losing it.

Thanks Chemee --

I remembered this key fact while driving home from work and was going to post as soon as I got to my laptop.

Reference this development...

I, too, was not expecting this. My suspicions were centered around President Logan, after his abysmal actions during the crisis in Season four.

Jerry

dgdbloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree- last night was one great show. I find myself so tense sometimes watching,though. Love Chloe- her straight shooter personality and her loyalty to Jack. Be great to have more people like her character in the real world. Should be an interesting season. Like Martha (presidents wife) as well. Sure a different role for her than the one she played on Frasier as his girlfriend. Look for Chloe(can't think of her real name) in a soon to be released movie with Harrison Ford.

CMF

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did the airport hostage thing make sense to anyone?

It just did not make sense to me why the bad guys would need to take hostages at the airport to move the nerve gas?

Charles

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
CaliDave said:
I missed the 1st 8-10 minuites or so. Carol C was distracting me.

Moi? :rolleyes:

Anybody want to join a Chloe fanclub? Or better yet a Chloe and Edgar fanclub? He's in love with her clearly, and I would love to see those two hookup. But unrequited love always makes for better tv...just ask Jack Bauer and *whomever* is his squeeze of the moment. Or the classic unrequited love duo, Mulder and Scully!

P.S. Yay, First Lady! She's such an interesting character! Out the window :eek: ...and...tune in next week!

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
CMF said:
It just did not make sense to me why the bad guys would need to take hostages at the airport to move the nerve gas?

Charles

As diversion. It looks like they had to blow up the concrete to access the nerve gas boxes -- wasn't there an explosion toward the beginning when the bad guys took over the hostages? And they needed to clear out the employees in the hanger area. Plus they needed to get the nerve gas out in some big truck in a way that would not cause any inspection. The swat team truck during a time of crises was a decent option.

CMF

TUG Member
Reaction score
The explosion explanation is plausible.

Amy said:
As diversion. It looks like they had to blow up the concrete to access the nerve gas boxes -- wasn't there an explosion toward the beginning when the bad guys took over the hostages? And they needed to clear out the employees in the hanger area. Plus they needed to get the nerve gas out in some big truck in a way that would not cause any inspection. The swat team truck during a time of crises was a decent option.

But it still seems like a dumb idea. The hostage situation would draw too much attention to the area. Also, why was the one of the main badies posing as a hostage? I think it was just a bad script and hope the writers can help me make sense of this in a future episode.

Charles

TheUnitrep

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yesterday's episode was a perfect example of why I think 24 is one of the best shows on television -- I never know what is going to happen.

I never expected the "mea culpa" from Chief of Staff Cummings.

What wasn't surprising was President Logan trying to preserve his presidential legacy by turning a blind eye to the events.

I can't wait until next Monday to see what happens between 1:00-2:00 p.m.

Jerry

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
TheUnitrep said:
I never expected the "mea culpa" from Chief of Staff Cummings.

Yup. At first DH and I were disappointed with this scene because we thought Cummings was taking the fun out of it by confessing. But the following scenes changed our minds -- we were not disappointed with the episode!

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Is it my imagination or does President Logan look like Richard Nixon? I can't believe how addicted I am to this show...almost as bad (?) as "Happy Housewives". :)

Brian

Gerie

Reaction score
pwrshift said:
Is it my imagination or does President Logan look like Richard Nixon?

Well, Brian if it's your imagination it's my imagination as well. I picked up on the same thing last season, and was wondering if the actor got the part because of that resemblance.

Gerie