• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2020 ] Tuggers I don't see posting any more? Where are they?

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Pam Fuller has been in touch with Emmie the last 6 months.
She is no longer on the internet

A longtime member we lost who was the queen of RCI sightings and worked with @BocaBum99 is @lawren2

Many friends here @joycapecod and @IreneLF and @Avery and @wackymother and @happymum and @mpizza and @sydney and @jackio and @chriskre
Wow, that's the first sign of life in a long time! I looked a month or two ago, and nothing! Thanks, I'll check it out.

I think Jeanne lives in Ireland part time and in Mass the rest of the time.

Reactions: jme

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Well, I'm not dead although I rarely come here anymore. I only own 1 timeshare and up until last year I had the same renter every year.
No one has mentioned Kathy Q who used to put together TUG cruises with Sandy and loved to travel. She passed away 2 yrs ago.
Dave M lives 2 blocks from me but I haven't seen him in a couple of years.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Well, I'm not dead although I rarely come here anymore. I only own 1 timeshare and up until last year I had the same renter every year.
No one has mentioned Kathy Q who used to put together TUG cruises with Sandy and loved to travel. She passed away 2 yrs ago.
Dave M lives 2 blocks from me but I haven't seen him in a couple of years.
Kathy Q was mentioned back in post 109. Always kind of wondered what DaveM was up to. Used to moderate the Marriott forum and only saw him around a few times after he stopped doing that. Does he own timeshare still?

happymum

TUG Member
Reaction score
I ran into Emmy’s husband in Puerto Vallarta in January. She has dementia and is no longer living at home.
So very sorry to hear this. Have met Emmy and Peter and thoroughly enjoyed their company. She very kindly introduced me to some other Tuggers who have become dear friends. I always admired her enthusiasm and interest in technology.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I ran into Emmy’s husband in Puerto Vallarta in January. She has dementia and is no longer living at home.
I am so sorry to hear this. I enjoyed Emmy's posts and I had the pleasure of meeting up with her once in New York City.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Kathy Q was mentioned back in post 109. Always kind of wondered what DaveM was up to. Used to moderate the Marriott forum and only saw him around a few times after he stopped doing that. Does he own timeshare still?

I don't know. The last time I saw him, he said that he and his wife were doing a lot of traveling. We didn't talk about timeshares.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Breaks my heart
Mine too.

The last time we saw Emmy, she forgot that she was in our unit at Hono Koa. She told me she needed to see where we own, and I said she already saw our Hono Koa oceanfront view. I guess I should have realized something was up.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Has anyone heard from Wonka. Hasn't posted since June and Hasn't responded to email.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I have not seen @Panina post in a while. I hope she is well.

I was in touch with her privately several months ago. She said she had stepped back from spending so much time online, and was enjoying her new life in Florida. I'll send her a new message and check in with her. Stay tuned.

Dave

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple of the "characters" mentioned above moved over to Timeshare Forums, but got in the same hot water there as they did here. As a super moderator on that site, I remember some of the behind the scenes discussion about how to handle them. TS4Ms was once quite an active site, but its participation has declined in recent years.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was in touch with her privately several months ago. She said she had stepped back from spending so much time online, and was enjoying her new life in Florida. I'll send her a new message and check in with her. Stay tuned.

Dave
She helped a tugger find a rental in December

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
A couple of the "characters" mentioned above moved over to Timeshare Forums, but got in the same hot water there as they did here. As a super moderator on that site, I remember some of the behind the scenes discussion about how to handle them. TS4Ms was once quite an active site, but its participation has declined in recent years.
Didn't matter where they played... They were just plain troublemakers???

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another one I miss is Bootleg, an RCI employee who gave us lots of straight scoop on the inner workings of the RCI system. Unfortunately, it appeared RCI identified him and he quit posting. Bootleg also disappeared from Timeshare Foums and TimeshareTalk, a UK-based timeshare site, where I was also a moderator, at the same time. TimeshareTalk also had another RCI insider, this one from the UK RCI office, and before the site owner let him identify himself as an RCI employee, he vetted him by asking a series of questions about his own RCI account which only someone with access to the RCI computers could answer, and this guy got them all right, so he checked out as the real deal. Both of them were active at the time RCI Points was rolled out and when RCI got into the rental business to non-timeshare owners, and I am sure the RCI management did not like some of the info they were sharing, especially about RCI renting out exchange deposits to the general public on a significant scale.

I wonder if Bootleg is still with RCI. There were times that he would answer the RCI phone from someone he recognized as a Tugger and would make a comment like "it might rain, you may want ot put your boots on."

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score

Dave

Thank you. Happy to hear she is well and enjoying life.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Where is Miss Marty?
Marty Giggard deserves credit for initiating what turned into the TUG Annual January Orlando Get-Together. She invited a bunch of TUG folks to a pot-luck supper at her Wyndham Bonnet Creek resort unit 1 January -- & the rest is history.

She did the same thing a couple of times when she & her better half were staying in Virginia at the Wyndham Old Town Alexandria resort -- possibly at other timeshare locations also that The Chief Of Staff & I didn't even know about.

Meanwhile, the TUG January Orlando Get-Together keeps on happening year after year. It has become a highlight of our January Orlando-Kissimmee timeshare breaks from winter.

This year, the TUG Get-Together is set for 3PM Jan. 18, 2023, at Golden Corral (8707 Vineland Avenue, Orlando FL 32821). Click here for details.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Last edited: