• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2020 Census

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Both of your mailings were similar? Not mine. The first was 4 pages I believe. Enough to fill out a section for up to 7 people living in the house. All the boxes for birth date, nationality, etc.

The second was just a single page letter with an internet code/ID or said to just fill out the original mailing if we did not already do so. Nothing to fill out in the second letter.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Both of your mailings were similar? Not mine. The first was 4 pages I believe. Enough to fill out a section for up to 7 people living in the house. All the boxes for birth date, nationality, etc.

The second was just a single page letter with an internet code/ID or said to just fill out the original mailing if we did not already do so. Nothing to fill out in the second letter.
Both of ours were the same, except the second was trifolded. Sounds like you got a long form or even paper form.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
All my letter said was "This is your invitation to respond to the 2020 Census". Then the website was provided along with the Census ID.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Great memory, Gina! I don't remember doing anything with the Census prior to 2010. But as I think about it, as a kid we moved all the time. Then, in the military, I moved all the time. Then, after retirement form the military, i moved a lot, (Notice a trend here? ;)) My current home I purchased in 2003, and I'm still here. So maybe the previous Censuses couldn't find me, and 2010 was the first year I stayed still long enough to be counted. I do remember filling out a multi-page document and mailing things back. Much easier this time around.

Dave
The Census Count isn't really about finding YOU. Or anyone else. It is a tally by address.
Notice that it is not addressed to a person.
I can say this with conviction because I am a census employee.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Completed the 2020 Census online yesterday and received my confirmation number. I saved our government postage and a census hourly employee time from visiting our home.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great memory, Gina! I don't remember doing anything with the Census prior to 2010. But as I think about it, as a kid we moved all the time. Then, in the military, I moved all the time. Then, after retirement form the military, i moved a lot, (Notice a trend here? ;)) My current home I purchased in 2003, and I'm still here. So maybe the previous Censuses couldn't find me, and 2010 was the first year I stayed still long enough to be counted. I do remember filling out a multi-page document and mailing things back. Much easier this time around.

Dave
You have been reported to the Census secret police for not completing your 2010 Census form. Do not pass Go and now you must complete all those Honey Do List Items In Retirements. LOL:cool::wave:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Got a second letter. It was a one pager just like the first. But it did say that if I didn't complete it online they would send me the full questionnaire in the mail.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
....still recall my account number from my first CC - Sears! Back then, having a Sears CC was a big deal because Sears was actually THE place for everything back then.
12 digits long and in this format
1 23456 78901 2
...now of course THAT is not my actual account number but you get the idea...
I follow Einstein's example:
"Never memorize something you can look up."

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I just did my census online. They hardly asked any questions. I thought it would be a bit more in depth.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I just did my census online. They hardly asked any questions. I thought it would be a bit more in depth.

I remember the long paper-form where they wanted to know everything from how many toilets we had to our levels of income... I was somewhat disappointed it wasn't more intrusive.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Census

• The 2020 census is underway, but experts fear the coronavirus pandemic could prevent an accurate count of the United States population.

US government agencies look at census data to figure out how to allocate resources.

If the population of a community is undercounted, it might not get the volume of coronavirus vaccine it needs

geekette

Reaction score
....If the population of a community is undercounted, it might not get the volume of coronavirus vaccine it needs

I doubt that. Babies are born every day, people die every day, the undocumented among us stay in shadows. There will be as much vaccine for this as there is for flu, since some people that will not take flu shot will not take shot for this, either.

Since it has been 10 years since the last census, much has changed, but I have always been able to get a flu shot when I wanted it, and I assume that (eventually) the same will be true for this.

After all, I could fill out the census today and then move across the country in 6 months. I have no belief that my new state would simply run short by one vax because I moved in, nor that there would be on shot left here with no takers.

People don't stay in place and do not live forever. Counting people every 10 years is a point in time snapshot and not expected to be The Only Possible Count for the next 10 years.