• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2018] Enrollment of Weeks in Destination Club at no cost

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Is the "free enrollment" offer for developer-bought weeks still valid, or was it a limited time offer?
I think it is still ongoing if you watch the webinar. It does not include developer broker resales so for the most part it had to be pre 2010 for Hawaii and continental US and whatever the cut off dates may have been for properties outside of the 50 US.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it is still ongoing if you watch the webinar. It does not include developer broker resales so for the most part it had to be pre 2010 for Hawaii and continental US and whatever the cut off dates may have been for properties outside of the 50 US.
This was at the bottom of the latest e-newsletter (InsiderSpotlight)

There was a link
Attend a complimentary 30-minute webinar to learn about the benefits of enrolling your Week(s) in the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations® Exchange Program. If you purchased your Week(s) prior to June 20, 2010, your enrollment fee may be waived.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much @rthib & @tschwa2
When I looked online I only saw the $595 fee. My own week doesn't qualify, but I have a friend who bought developer prior to 2010. I will let her know.
Edited to add:
I found the blurb in my last newsletter. Thanks again!

Last edited:

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
If you own 1 or more weeks that are legacy weeks you should take the course to enroll. The first year fee is waived. The only reason not to enroll is if you own multiple weeks and not all weeks are legacy weeks. In this case you would still need to keep the weeks that can’t be enrolled in a separate II account paying membership fees for that.m

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you own 1 or more weeks that are legacy weeks you should take the course to enroll. The first year fee is waived. The only reason not to enroll is if you own multiple weeks and not all weeks are legacy weeks. In this case you would still need to keep the weeks that can’t be enrolled in a separate II account paying membership fees for that.m
There are other reasons not to enroll based on whether the added costs are worthwhile to the individual. However it is early to justify the yearly fee to belong if one can ditch the personal II account and even if they can't the free trading, lock off and change fees add savings quickly.

ig88d

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Canyon Villas
I recently paid interval international for 3 year membership renewal. If I enroll my week into Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange program - I assume I lose the 3 year renewal (b/c it will be covered by the exchange program dues) or will I get a credit for unused interval membership time?

"These Dues currently range from $205 to $270 per owner, and you'll also enjoy a simplified fee structure so you don't have to pay separate fees for Interval International® membership, exchanges to other Marriott Vacation Club resorts or trading for Marriott Bonvoy points. Enrolled Owners will still be required to pay the annual maintenance fees due each year to their resort's owners association. "

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently paid interval international for 3 year membership renewal. If I enroll my week into Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange program - I assume I lose the 3 year renewal (b/c it will be covered by the exchange program dues) or will I get a credit for unused interval membership time?

"These Dues currently range from $205 to $270 per owner, and you'll also enjoy a simplified fee structure so you don't have to pay separate fees for Interval International® membership, exchanges to other Marriott Vacation Club resorts or trading for Marriott Bonvoy points. Enrolled Owners will still be required to pay the annual maintenance fees due each year to their resort's owners association. "
You can call II to cancel and they will give you a refund.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

You can request a pro-rated refund for the II membership fee. If you paid to upgrade to gold or platinum though, I think that is non refundable and they won't transfer it to the new account either.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I just had this situation happen. I have an exchange I am using in December. My membership goes through February. The rep said I can get it prorated and a partial refund. She said I must be a member through the date of my exchange and then I can cancel.