• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2018] Enrollment of Weeks in Destination Club at no cost

JWWS

TUG Member
Reaction score
So on the MVC Owners site, there is a page that states that eligible weeks may be enrolled in the DC program at no cost after taking a 45 online webinar program. I own a Legacy Gold week at the Ocean Club in Aruba. I have resisted enrolling in the DC program for many reasons - the cost, the uncertainty, the undervaluing of the Aruba properties in the DC program, the complicated nature of the program, etc. But this appears to be a no-brainer to me. Is there a downside to enrolling weeks in the program for free?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The only reason for not enrolling weeks into the program is when you always use your week and have no need for exchanges, lockoff or banking etc. The annual club dues pay for a free II account, free Marriott-Marriott II exchanges, free lockoff fees, no fees to convert to Marriott Rewards points.

Last edited:

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
So on the MVC Owners site, there is a page that states that eligible weeks may be enrolled in the DC program at no cost after taking a 45 online webinar program. I own a Legacy Gold week at the Ocean Club in Aruba. I have resisted enrolling in the DC program for many reasons - the cost, the uncertainty, the undervaluing of the Aruba properties in the DC program, the complicated nature of the program, etc. But this appears to be a no-brainer to me. Is there a downside to enrolling weeks in the program for free?

Can you post a link, I do not see it.

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just hoping someday Marriott will allow resale weeks not purchased via Marriott to convert to DC points... Always good to keep dreaming. :)

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Stupid as it sounds and it is, ;) we bought additional points/hybrid combo to get immediate Marriott Rewards platinum status. We also see MF as part of our annual budget for travel, for both timeshare use, Marriott Rewards points conversion to travel package (fly business class for "free"), and possibly land tours through Colette.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just log into the MVC site and it comes up.

Does not come up for me, can someone post a link? Want to read it, etc.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Even if you always use your week, it’s still worth enrolling if it’s free. This allows you to rent points from other DP owners.
Though they will have to pay a $185 or so membership fee every year for a week they do not exchange.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Though they will have to pay a $185 or so membership fee every year for a week they do not exchange.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
Correct. This can be a downside. If someone always uses their home resort, or if they only exchange once every couple of years, the annual DC fee could be considerably more than the fees they are paying currently. So it doesn't always make sense to enroll, even if it is free.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Being able to rent DC points is a really nice benefit of being a DC owner. So much easier to rent (both from someone or to someone ) than renting a week at a resort

SeaDoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Chairman's Club:
2 Marriott Newport Coasts-PLAT;
1 Marriott Desert Springs I-RED;
1 Marriott Timber Lodge - Summer-PLAT;
3 StarElite Vistana: 2 Westin Lagunamar-PLAT
Getting in for free is a no-brainer - all the nickle and dime fees go away, lock-off, MRP conversions, guest certificate fees, and of course the $90.00 annual Interval International is included in the Club Dues. Also, you have the option, if ever you want to use it, the destination points your week is worth... Can you show us the website that indicates it is free enrollment? Since many of us have enrolled already, we can't see that site, but if you could share it by copying and pasting, it would be great to know. Thanks much...

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
This is a special they have been running for a while. I did the webinar as did several other tuggers a few months ago.
Unfortunately since I already enrolled the page is gone. If you have a resale purchased prior to 2010 it was free. Which was a savings of $1595.00 for me since Marriott wanted to punish resale buyers. If you bought directly from Marriott the fee was $595.00. I know since my mother bought from Marriott she still hasn't enrolled. Showed her the website told her it was a piece of cake.....crickets......

My owners page now clearly says the week is enrolled while my post 2010 does not. Interestingly my II account also indicates I have an enrolled week under my membership even though no separate account is showing since I believe my first D.C. Fee is in December,

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
A prior thread started on Jan 31 st titled Invitation to join the destination program also did not have a link to the page at Marriott

Invitation to join the destination program
Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club' started by dfeetham, Jan 31, 2018.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
BINGO......mom's account!......

Learn Why Complimentary Enrollment is a Can't Miss Opportunity

United States residents are invited to join us to learn about the amazing benefits to be had as a member of the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations® Exchange Program. Attend a 45-minute webinar presentation from the convenience of your home. If you choose to enroll your eligible week(s) into the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program, you will receive complimentary enrollment of your eligible weeks at the completion of the webinar.

A variety of learning options are available. Live webinars provide attendees the opportunity to ask questions to the presenter and hear questions from other Owners. However, if these don't fit into your schedule, a pre-recorded option is available on demand. If you are a resident of the United States and would like to proceed, just click on one of the offered dates and times listed to register:

spacer.gif

Live Webinar
Friday April 6, 2018
1 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time

spacer.gif

Live Webinar
Tuesday, April 17, 2018
5 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time

spacer.gif

Pre-Recorded Webinar
On Demand

spacer.gif

Don't miss this opportunity to learn why so many Marriott Vacation Club® Owners have already enrolled in the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program, expanding their vacation experiences to include cruises and tours, golf packages, vacation homes and adventure travel.

*This offer is only valid for residents of the United States of America

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Animal Kingdom, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Aruba Surf Club
"If you choose to enroll your eligible week(s) into the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program, you will receive complimentary enrollment of your eligible weeks at the completion of the webinar."

Does this mean non-marriott resales also?

Trudy

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
"If you choose to enroll your eligible week(s) into the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program, you will receive complimentary enrollment of your eligible weeks at the completion of the webinar."

Does this mean non-marriott resales also?

Trudy
Eligible week(s) is to mean that any week bought prior to June 2010, regardless of "external" or "internal" purchase.

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Animal Kingdom, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Eligible week(s) is to mean that any week bought prior to June 2010, regardless of "external" or "internal" purchase.

Thank you, that unfortunately disqualifies my 2 weeks.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Non US properties may have different cut off dates (later than June 2010).

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Non US properties may have different cut off dates (later than June 2010).
Correct, European resorts June 2012 and Phuket August 2016.

j.d.

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Easter
We enrolled 2 prior weeks (bought before June 2010) for free in Oct. 2017. Our start year is 2019!
Number listed for assistance 1-800-845-4226. Or Vacation Ownership Advisor Team 1-888-682-4862!

Good Luck

BreakingAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch at Sea Pines (1)
Marriott Grande Ocean (4)
Correct. This can be a downside. If someone always uses their home resort, or if they only exchange once every couple of years, the annual DC fee could be considerably more than the fees they are paying currently. So it doesn't always make sense to enroll, even if it is free.
I agree that enrolling in Marriott Destination Club for free is not always a good deal. For some, DC points work really well, especially for those who are paying Interval dues. If I used DC points for my own resort, I would not have enough DC points for the same week. I think some people on this board label this difference as “the Marriott DC skim.” I have two eligible weeks abd three that are not. The only reason I would enroll in the DC points program would be to go in the off season when the DC points would buy more weeks. Also, I do not belong to Interval. I rent out weeks that I cannot use each year and use the proceeds to go to other Marriott Resirts. For our personal situation at the present time, I consider DC dues an additional annual cost. Our circumstances will change in time and we will change if DC offers what works best attgat time. I really like it that Marriott has both weeks and DC points as alternatives so owners can decide what works best for them.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the "free enrollment" offer for developer-bought weeks still valid, or was it a limited time offer?