• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2015 MLB World Series Thread!

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
This was a great Royals team and I enjoyed watching their style of play. The Mets starters did ok, but other than that, the Royals clearly beat them in every other phase of the game. The Royals were just great and played smartly throughout. I'll say it again, good pitching, good hitting, and good defense. They had it all.

Those were some really tough breaks for the Mets reliever - Familia. He did not pitch as badly as the record indicates, but those three blown saves have got to be devastating for him. And the manager opened himself up to a lot of second guessing.

The Mets and the Cubs appear to be the future of the NL for the next few years though, but they missed this opportunity.

Last edited:

joewillie12

TUG Member
Reaction score
This was a great Royals team and I enjoyed watching their style of play. The Mets starters did ok, but other than that, the Royals clearly beat them in every other phase of the game. The Royals were just great and played smartly throughout. I'll say it again, good pitching, good hitting, and good defense. They had it all.

Those were some really tough breaks for the Mets reliever - Familia. He did not pitch as badly as the record indicates, but those three blown saves have got to be devastating for him. And the manager opened himself up to a lot of second guessing.

The Mets and the Cubs appear to be the future of the NL for the next few years though, but they missed this opportunity.
Royals played smart crisp baseball throughout the series and deserved to win. They have a nice solid team that plays team baseball and they never give up. Not sure if they played great? Maybe very good imo. With that being said the Mets were 2 outs away from winning game one [huge]. A ground ball error under Murphy's legs in the 8th wins game 4 and and a horrible throw in the 9th by the first baseman with 2 outs to tie the score. Hopefully the Mets will comeback like the Royals did this year with that bitter taste driving them back to the WS. Congrats to the Royals fans here.

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to the Royals. They are a very good aggressive small ball team that keeps coming at you. Not very many teams would risk going home on an infield hit with 2 out but that is how the Royals play. Actually there wasn't a lot of risk because if the runner was out they would have lost game 5 but they would still be up 3 - 2 and going back to KC.

In any event is was a job well done by the Royals and they definitely deserve to be the WS champs.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
KC is a phenomenal team! It would be interesting to bring back some of the other great teams from the past and see how they would play.

The Mets managed to bring out the best of KC, and the Mets gave it the best shot.

:clap::clap::clap: to the Royals. Must be nice to be a resident of Kansas City.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
KC is a phenomenal team! It would be interesting to bring back some of the other great teams from the past and see how they would play.

The Mets managed to bring out the best of KC, and the Mets gave it the best shot.
:clap::clap::clap: to the Royals. Must be nice to be a resident of Kansas City.

I agree the players did but I feel the manager let them down when he failed to bring in his closer in a timely manner in the last two games.

We don't know what would have happened but if you're willing to let your closer pitch six outs why let the set up man put two on? Then why not start the ninth with your closer when you are up by a very slim margin??

I'm glad to see the American League on top again!

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree the players did but I feel the manager let them down when he failed to bring in his closer in a timely manner in the last two games.

It's hard to know for sure about that, but the closer did his job. To me, it seemed that the Mets defense succumbed to the pressure and allowed the Royals to win those games. Anyway, I don't think the Mets team or their fans should be solely blaming the manager, that's for sure.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Toronto Blue Jays exercised the options on outfielder Jose Bautista, right-hander R.A. Dickey and first baseman/DH Edwin Encarnacion on Tuesday.

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

We don't know what would have happened but if you're willing to let your closer pitch six outs why let the set up man put two on? Then why not start the ninth with your closer when you are up by a very slim margin??

I'm glad to see the American League on top again!

I don't understand your reference to the set up man. Matt Harvey, the starting pitcher, was the one that started in the ninth. You know that hindsight is always 20/20 so it is easy to question the decision to let him stay in after the matter.

I do not think that it was a mistake to let Harvey start the 9th inning. He had pitched a great game and was still going strong with 2 strikeouts in the 8th. Remember that their closer Familia already had 2 blown saves. However I think they should have brought in Familia after Harvey walked the leadoff hitter. In any event we will never know what would have happened.

joewillie12

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't understand your reference to the set up man. Matt Harvey, the starting pitcher, was the one that started in the ninth. You know that hindsight is always 20/20 so it is easy to question the decision to let him stay in after the matter.

I do not think that it was a mistake to let Harvey start the 9th inning. He had pitched a great game and was still going strong with 2 strikeouts in the 8th. Remember that their closer Familia already had 2 blown saves. However I think they should have brought in Familia after Harvey walked the leadoff hitter. In any event we will never know what would have happened.
I totally agree. Harvey was still pitching strong and wanted the ball in the 9th. Once he walked Cain then Collins should have given him the hook. Next batter hits the ball over the left fielders head who should have been playing deeper preventing a double. Managers mistake there not moving the rookie fielder. KC capitalized on every Mets mistake or error. Of course if Duda throws the ball to the catcher we are still watching baseball tonight. Mets need to work on their defense and fundamentals. Maybe watch some Royals highlights.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yeah, but - in post game interviews, Collins himself has said that leaving Harvey in was a mistake. He didn't have to go that direction, he could have said he would make the same choice if he had it to do all over again - but he didn't.

If Collins feels he made a mistake, then, it was a mistake. YMMV ;)

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points

In that game Harvey was the set up man, the man getting you to the closer. I said it that way because I heard one of the announcers use the term when speculating if Harvey would continue to set up the closer.

When you're on the brink of elimination and leading in the top of the ninth you put in the man who's job it is to close out the game no matter what Harvey wanted. He should have learned from the day before.

In 1997 my Indians were on the way to the Series crown, all the best closer in baseball that year had to do was get a couple of outs. Jose Mesa blew the save so you never know what's going to happen.

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
In that game Harvey was the set up man, the man getting you to the closer. I said it that way because I heard one of the announcers use the term when speculating if Harvey would continue to set up the closer.

When you're on the brink of elimination and leading in the top of the ninth you put in the man who's job it is to close out the game no matter what Harvey wanted. He should have learned from the day before.

In 1997 my Indians were on the way to the Series crown, all the best closer in baseball that year had to do was get a couple of outs. Jose Mesa blew the save so you never know what's going to happen.

That is an incorrect use of the term "set up man". The "set up man" is a relief pitcher that comes into the game prior to the closer. You are also ignoring the fact that the Mets closer wasn't all that effective against the Royals.

In any event, it is what it is and the Royals had a well deserved great celebration in KC.