• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Fairmont / Sunchaser / Northwynd official thread with lawsuit info!

Joron10

Reaction score
Thank you for that info and I agree! The friends I am referring to don't golf and we don't either but the 2 times we have stayed in Hillside, there were cigarette burns on the coffee tables and carpets. We also paid for that!
I am going to try and speak with these lawyers about the SPOA. That frustrates me the most in all this. I don't like that we're not being treated equally. I wonder if they 2 firms are working together and if one is better than the other.

Reaction score
Northwynd CC:

Why are we paying to fix up all the buildings when you already know that several of them will be pulled out of the timeshare pool?

I don't recall you ever saying that those buildings would be sold and the proceeds used to reduce costs for the timeshare owners.....just that they would be "removed from the timeshare pool" (quotation inexact - it was not 'pool' and I cannot immediately find it again.)

Reaction score
Northwynd CC:

Why was a Lessee's Association never formed, despite repeated requests from lessees since you took over?

"The Lessor agrees to cooperate with the lessees in the formation of such an association and agrees to recognize the association....." (#18 on my Vacation Lease)

aden2

Reaction score
To Northwynd CC;
I would like to know why the "Legacy for Life" program was still being promoted after Fairmont's rights in the resort were foreclosed and transferred to Northwynd?

I was contacted in November 2010 and given a slide presentation etc. and told this "Legacy for Life" was a deal of a lifetime.

None of this presentation was true! It would appear that the company doing this was Northwynd! I was scammed!!!

What happened to the $millions Northwynd collect?
How can I get my monies back - this was FRAUD?

Last edited:

Joron10

Reaction score
I have contacted Geldert Law and Cox and Taylor and am waiting for a reply. Not sure if they are still taking clients. I also received a 2 page response to my inquiry regrading the Sunchaser Premier Owners Assoc, whose members do not have to pay any reno fees! I would like a lawyer to see this and find out if they were 'allowed' to only offer this to a few member and not all.

Also, on the Gelder law website it states that Mr. Geldert is only contemplating an appeal. Anyone else a client of Geldert Law? Are you happy with the proceedings, if any?

Spark1

Reaction score
I have contacted Geldert Law and Cox and Taylor and am waiting for a reply. Not sure if they are still taking clients. I also received a 2 page response to my inquiry regrading the Sunchaser Premier Owners Assoc, whose members do not have to pay any reno fees! I would like a lawyer to see this and find out if they were 'allowed' to only offer this to a few member and not all.

Also, on the Gelder law website it states that Mr. Geldert is only contemplating an appeal. Anyone else a client of Geldert Law? Are you happy with the proceedings, if any?

We are happy with Geldert Law. Best thing to do is phone Michael Geldert and talk to him personally.

aden2

Reaction score
I talked to Geldert Law this a.m. and yes they are still taking new clients, and yes there will be an appeal.

aden2

Reaction score
deleted same comment had been repeated.........................

Last edited:

ClanMac

Reaction score
Hey People!

It's finally all come together and a package is on it's way to the RCMP. I don't believe the last of the snakes will be around much longer, and I'm confident you don't have anything to worry dealing with much on a civil level.

Always proud of you!

Spark1

Reaction score
It's finally all come together and a package is on it's way to the RCMP. I don't believe the last of the snakes will be around much longer, and I'm confident you don't have anything to worry dealing with much on a civil level.

Always proud of you!

This is great news. We really needed your input,hot pink, gypsyone, no-more and everyone that just never gave up. Tug also has been a major big help for us time owners. I was just going to add all the empty spaces caused buy timeshare owners that just walked away from this resort because of the high maintenance fees. Who is paying these maintenance fees and picking up the huge Reno fees for these condo's? The governments have to change the regulations so timeshare owners are totally involved with the operations of these timeshare resorts. With out any input the door is wide open allowing management and the property owners to just screw the time owners.

aden2

Reaction score

Always proud of you!

I just want to add to ClanMac comment: I received confirmation last Monday from the RCMP, that the package I had sent to them two weeks prior regarding fraud charges will be investigated.

Last edited:

aden2

Reaction score
Fraud Legal Definition: Deceitful or deceptive conduct designed to manipulate another person to give something of value.

Wynnvegas

Reaction score
Just BECAUSE my sister and I are HAPPY with our timeshare and have fond memories. You assume I work at Northwynd. I am a Registered Nurse who works 24 hour shifts at Foothill and you better hope you don't get put under my supervision. Assuming you know me and thinking that you can beat an honourable judge court ruling. This is so laughable and the people who care to listen or follow you is just as ridiculous. Should my daughter/son work here to pay bills or help an ailing family member, I fully support this 100%!!!! That is really low to think that these employees have no mind of their owns or lives outside of work. No family to feed? Taking a blow at what your unhappy about is one thing but taking a blow others you don't know? Speaks so many volumes of your character and soul. Dark obviously!!!:hi:

Wynnvegas

Reaction score
Ridiculous upon ridiculousness!!!

People appealing a court ruling?? Any person with half a brain knows that you will not win not only will you lose your time, money and more money. Why don't people focus on getting murderers, pedophiles and drug dealers off the street??? It all seems so ridiculous. Stalking the business and claiming to fight this until your flat broke!!! Watch some soap operas people. Really. GOOD LUCK!!! You will need more than that!!! :clap:

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
People appealing a court ruling?? Any person with half a brain knows that you will not win not only will you lose your time, money and more money. Why don't people focus on getting murderers, pedophiles and drug dealers off the street??? It all seems so ridiculous. Stalking the business and claiming to fight this until your flat broke!!! Watch some soap operas people. Really. GOOD LUCK!!! You will need more than that!!! :clap:

Court rulings get overturned on a regular basis, especially when there is a major oversight or new evidience. Anyone with "half a brain knows this"!!! ;)

As for threatening the care of a future patient in a hospital publicly on an open forum. The scarecrow from Oz didn't have a brain and even he is smart enough not to do that...:eek:

Pynecone

Reaction score
WynnVegas ... you should be ashamed of yourself.

WynnVegas, you are a disgrace to nurses all over the world. You should be ashamed of yourself. Regardless of how you stand on this, you should take your nursing job seriously. Most nurses I know got their degree from an accredited university, you are one of the few who got their ticket right out of a Cracker Jack box.

DarkLord

TUG Member
Reaction score
WynnVegas, I suggest you finding new gainful employment qucikly as your CEO, Chartered Accountant, Kirk Wankel testified in court that Northmount wasn't a going concern anymore. Nursing is an honourable trade and you definately should pursue that. I have a sinicking suspision that you are actually Krik Wankel so maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree giving you career advice.

Last edited:

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
WynnVegas, I suggest you finding new gainful employment qucikly as your CEO, Chartered Accountant, Kirk Wankel testified in court that Northmount wasn't a going concern anymore. Nursing is an honourable trade and you definately should pursue that. I have a sinicking suspision that you are actually Krik Wankel so maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree giving you career advice.

Northmount (or northwynd) is not a going concern.... More details please...

Last edited:

Northwynd CC

Reaction score
Northmount (or northwynd) is not a going concern.... More details please...

There are no details to provide.

Mr. Wankel's affidavits have been publicly available on our resort website for months. The only affidavit that broaches the subject of operations is the June 24th affidavit which stated that the resort would not be able to continue to operate if the renovation fees were frozen in trust during the special case proceedings. As the funds were not frozen, the resort continues to operate.

The resort, like every other timeshare resort, operates on the maintenance fees of its members. If those fees aren't paid, or are frozen, the resort cannot pay its bills. This is not news.

DarkLord

TUG Member
Reaction score
The resort, like every other timeshare resort, operates on the maintenance fees of its members. If those fees aren't paid, or are frozen, the resort cannot pay its bills. This is not news.

I'm glad that Northwynd agreed that it is not news that the Resort/Northwynd/Northmount is not a going concern.

To help you prove that the Resort/Northwynd/Northmount is not a going concern:

http://sunchaservillas.ca/wp-content...led-062513.pdf

Page 13, para 65 of Kirk Wankel's 2nd affidavite states that:

..it is clear and obvious that the Resort cannot continue to operate without access to the Renovation Project Maintanenace Fees.....

..the Resort...will have to default on its financial obligations to the Contractor and close its dorrs or enter bankruptcy protection by the end of September 2013.....

The Reno funds are supposed to be used for the renovation. But Kirk Wankel is now using it to run the resort which by itself is not a going concert by Kirk Wankel's own admission to a court affidavite.

When the Northwynd/Northmount/Sunchaser or whatever name shell game these crooks used finally closes it's door, it won't be the first for CEO Kirk Wankel. For Kirk Wankel was also the CFO of the bankrupted Fairview Resources. It's just a simple fact that past behaviour predictes future behaviour.

https://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dco...rsky_UnfiledCopyAffidvtDCrook12707_121709.pdf

page 5, para 21. ..Fair Sky willcease to be a going concern and that all members of the Board of Directors and management, including Kemp and Wankel, had tendered their resignation....

Last edited:

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are no details to provide.

Mr. Wankel's affidavits have been publicly available on our resort website for months. The only affidavit that broaches the subject of operations is the June 24th affidavit which stated that the resort would not be able to continue to operate if the renovation fees were frozen in trust during the special case proceedings. As the funds were not frozen, the resort continues to operate.

Actually it is. The reno funds should be separate from MF's. The reno fees should have nothing to do with the resort maintaining itself as a going concern. By jumbling the two should strike fear in everyone that owns at this resort.

Northwynd CC

Reaction score
Actually it is. The reno funds should be separate from MF's. The reno fees should have nothing to do with the resort maintaining itself as a going concern. By jumbling the two should strike fear in everyone that owns at this resort.

Mr/Mrs gnorth16. While we appreciate your interest in this subject even though you are not a timeshare owner of the resort, it is not helpful when you make incendiary statements not based on the available information.

If you had reviewed all of the information on the resort realignment, you would know the renovation fee included two components, the renovation fee itself, and our owners responsibility for past deficits. You would also know the renovation fees are being kept separate in a trust account managed by Norton Rose.

If you had read Mr. Wankel's affidavit in full, you would have seen the statements made are in reference to the renovation fees being used to pay for the renovation which was already started when the issue of freezing funds came up, as well as the need for the deficit fees to appropriately be applied to operations.

There is no jumbling of the two.

We would also point out the affidavit is from June of 2013. The other lawyers had the opportunity to cross examine it. If this was a legitimate legal issue, it would have been brought up in the special case.