• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2009] Anyone bought from www.timesharepartners.com

Bill4728

Reaction score
I went to their website and looked at the resort I just purchased. They have 2 weeks which they are trying to sell for $13K & $15K. They were the exact same week I just bought from Transaction reality for $7500. This makes me think I look somehwere else for a company to buy from.

And it is likely that if you're a current owner looking to sell, they will never sell your TS when it is so overpriced.

Good Luck

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a sale pending with them for a Gold Marriott Barony Beach Resort. I am waiting for ROFR now.

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a sale pending with them for a Gold Marriott Barony Beach Resort. I am waiting for ROFR now.

Gold and silver weeks at Barony Reach have been available through Ebay auctions. My friend won a silver for $1700. plus about $400. closing and transfer fees. Marriott did not exercise ROFR. This was 18 months ago. We've seen gold ones go for far less.

Hopefully you are getting an equally good deal.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gold and silver weeks at Barony Reach have been available through Ebay auctions. My friend won a silver for $1700. plus about $400. closing and transfer fees. Marriott did not exercise ROFR. This was 18 months ago. We've seen gold ones go for far less.

Hopefully you are getting an equally good deal.

You've seen Gold Baronys going for a lot less than $1700? On eBay? I'll have to look that up.

My Gold Barony has been recorded. I bought it from Timeshare Partners and they use TCS as their escrow company. I paid $3900 which I think is a really good price. Of course I could be wrong, but I doubt by much.

tanyav

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are you looking at buying from them? Maybe you should run it by everyone to see if it's a good deal.

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
That site is affiliated with the Timeshare Relief group of companies... Timeshare Closing Services, Inc., Strategis Realty, etc...

I would assume they are using that site both as a lead generation tool (to target sellers) and also as a sales platform to reduce their eBay fees...

As with any PCC operation- the standard warnings apply... Avoid POA flip closings like the plague, ask for estoppels, and perform your full due diligence (and then some!)..

rockhill30

TUG Member
Reaction score
POA flip closing?

That site is affiliated with the Timeshare Relief group of companies... Timeshare Closing Services, Inc., Strategis Realty, etc...

I would assume they are using that site both as a lead generation tool (to target sellers) and also as a sales platform to reduce their eBay fees...

As with any PCC operation- the standard warnings apply... Avoid POA flip closings like the plague, ask for estoppels, and perform your full due diligence (and then some!)..

Can you explain what a POA flip closing is?

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you explain what a POA flip closing is?

POA Power of Attorney - The post card company (PCC) gets a power of attorney from the original owner, gets around them acting as unlicensed real estate agent, and prevents them from assuming or getting stuck with any unpaid maintenance fees or special assesments if they can't sell it, that will belong to the original owner or a condition of the transfer to the new owner

The flip - An immediate sale of the property

PCC takes $2500 to $3500 to relieve the seller of their on going burden, seller executes a POA in favor of the PCC, they quickly flip it to a new buyer at any price and the closing is done as if it was the original "seller" to the new buyer using the POA.

The original "seller" thinks they are free and clear so anything that comes up in the ESTOPPEL (Statement of what is due to the Management Company) the "seller" will assume the PCC has taken care of it as the "buyer" and not likely to be willing to correct any ommisions of moneys due.

Eventually enough properties cannot be flipped and the resort(s) goes after the "seller(s)" who paid the PCC to take over the poperty, they complain to the authorities, the PCC shuts down and they show up in another state under another name ....

Last edited:

kalua

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
RE; timeshares Partners

timeshare partners is an affiliate of or the second half a company on e bay known as (emidsouth),emidsouth is an outstanding company that I bought a timeshare from over a year ago,they got the paperwork finished,and on wyndhams desk in just over 2 wks. it was completed ,in less than a mth. I highly recommed them. I've also bought from a company in florida I would recommed,they sell by the name's of 43 namal,34 manal,cybernaut303,there are a couple of other sellers there but their names escapes me now if you look at their listings you can tell there all in the same office, and if memory serves me I believe that they use timeshare closing as their closing company.and as far as any others selling on ebay I dont know about,but their are only 2 other sellers that I would consider buying from only because I have studied all these ad's and I have never find a mistake in there listings (doucha 77, and shares 3000) as I said I've not bought from them, however alot of other sellers have mistakes and won't or don't,correct them and some just flat out LIE in their listings, buyer beware Just MY Opinion

lookatshell

Reaction score
I ended up purchasing from Timeshare partners and had a good experience. I purchased 224000 Even Year Bonnet Creek Points for $2700 including closing costs and free Title Insurance. It took about 2 weeks for the deed to be finallized and another 5 weeks for the Title to be transferred into my Wyndham Account.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
That would be light speed - in the timeshare transfer business

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got the deed for my Barony Beach Gold contract. It took awhile but it got done.

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just say their billboard... Had a picture of a roller coaster and promised "straight talk about timeshare" and "no flips or turns"... I choked on my coffee from laughing so hard! You've got to credit the Timeshare Relief marketing people for never allowing truth to get in the way of advertising! Is there any other organization that has "flipped" more timeshare weeks from unsuspecting owners.....

Too funny!

ozsi

Reaction score
Timesharepartners

i am trying to sell my time share with timesharepartners has anyone sold something with them b4?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
i am trying to sell my time share with timesharepartners has anyone sold something with them b4?

Did you pay them a high upfront fee? That is a huge red flag.

ozsi

Reaction score
no i have not they want me to pay them 1000 for advertising and title transferring

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you pay them before they secure a buyer, what is their incentive to find you a buyer

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Tell them you'll double their commission. You'll pay them $2000 to be taken from the proceeds of the sale at closing. They'll disappear quick as a bunny.

Jim

jc92869

TUG Member
Reaction score
there ya go!!

Tell them you'll double their commission. You'll pay them $2000 to be taken from the proceeds of the sale at closing. They'll disappear quick as a bunny.

Jim

I think this is a great way to see a companies true colors. If they are legit, and are real confident they can sell, they would jump on an offer like this.

A few years back I was renting a property (a small house) that I owned out of state and went searching for management companies. A few offered their service, all of which claimed they had renters lined up. Some wanted to get up front fees for listing, advertising, and maintenance of the property. I replied to all of them that I would raise the commission 10% over the normal rate if someone was willing to do it with no money upfront. Only one company got back to me. They accepted on my terms and got me a renter with a 1 year contract withing a week. Was happy with them all the way till I sold the property.

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you're serious about selling...

...make sure you have a rough idea what your timeshare is worth on the resale market. If anyone contacts you claiming he can sell your timeshare for thousands more than what it's worth, then I would tell him where to go.

If you find out that your timeshare has a resale value of around zero, you may just want to simply give it away. Check out the free giveaway provision here on TUG:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132509

Then of course there's the stickie article about what to do (and what not to do) when trying to sell your timeshare:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44

Bonniec

Reaction score
Timeshare Partners to sell

Hi there! I have read everything available about selling timeshare through Timeshare partners and I am seriously considering going through them as they do have an A- rating with BBB and I can´t seem to find a better option. They quoted $900 upfront for the sale and we are pretty desperate to get rid our our Viva Vacation club timeshare. I am going to decide today. Any other last words of advice? :) Thanks in advance for any help, really appreciate it!

Luvstotravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, don't do it! Once you've given them the $900, the "buyer" will mysteriously disappear! You'll be out $900!

Did you read the other posts? Offer them double the $900 if they will take the money at the closing of the sale. They won't do it, because they have no buyer for your timeshare!!