• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2009] Anyone bought from www.timesharepartners.com

Bonniec

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Yep, that is what I am worried about. But they do have a great rating with 'Better Business Bureau'. That counts, right?

Bonniec

Reaction score
Timeshare Partners to sell

Thanks for the reply. I am afraid of that, but they do have a great rating with 'Better Business Bureau'. Doesn't that count for much? (Not in the US, so I don't know for sure) Don't know how else to sell it and we are trying to sell quite urgently...

Luvstotravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
A great rating with the BBB isn't the best indication of how trustworthy a business is. DO NOT GIVE ANY COMPANY MONEY UPFRONT TO "SELL" YOUR TIMESHARE!! They are not in the business of selling, they are in the business of promising results as they take your money. Results that do not happen, as they will tell you that any promised buyers mysteriously change their minds once they-timesharepartners.com- have your money.

Again, if they really, really can sell your timeshare, offer them $2000, not just $900. That's more than double their fee! They would just have to wait until they have actually sold it. Why wouldn't they do that?! It makes total sense...unless, of course, they DON'T HAVE A BUYER. So, if they don't have a buyer, what happens to your $900? *poof*-it's gone.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi there! I have read everything available about selling timeshare through Timeshare partners and I am seriously considering going through them as they do have an A- rating with BBB and I can´t seem to find a better option. They quoted $900 upfront for the sale and we are pretty desperate to get rid our our Viva Vacation club timeshare. I am going to decide today. Any other last words of advice? :) Thanks in advance for any help, really appreciate it!

The sad truth is that most timeshares have no resale value, and spending $900 to an upfront fee company will not change that. When all is said and done, you will still own a timeshare, and be $900 poorer.

To find what yours is selling for:
Go to ebay - http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/Timeshares-for-Sale_?_catref=1&_sacat=15897
Search for your resort by exact name
From the menu on the left click on "completed auctions"

That will tell you if any have sold recently on ebay and the selling price. (Be sure you look at SELLING prices, not just asking prices.)

There are definitely some reputable brokers out there, but most of them charge a commission of $1,000+, so unless you own a timeshare worth thousands of dollars, it's more cost effective to sell it yourself.

Here is an article to get you started: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44

If you find your timeshare has no resale value, you may want to consider giving it away: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132509

What ever you do, NEVER, EVER pay an upfront fee, no matter what they call it! REPUTABLE Brokers always charge a commission AFTER the sale!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If they are not brokers -which I don't think they claim to be they can't/won't go the commission route. They are just rather expensive advertisers. I also don't think they claim to already have a buyer for your property when you contact them but do claim they get a lot of exposure and offers should be pouring in. They probably claim that your TS is worth quite a bit more than it is worth.

One of the first things you need to do is research to find out how much your timeshare is worth. It is probably worth less than $100. Many timeshares these days are worth less than $1- meaning that you will have to pay some or all of the closing cost and some or all of the next year mf's. Do you want to spend almost $1000 and then end up giving your timeshare or still having to pay additional $ to get someone to take it.

You might as well try the free and low cost site's to advertise first. You might even want to take the money you would have spent on advertising and take a vacation at the resort and try to sell to someone who just bought but can rescind or almost bought at a presentation. Looking at the Viva vacation club it looks like a middle tier AI resort group in Mexico and D.R. and is not going to be worth anything.