• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] Southcape Resort

mayorpw

Reaction score
When questioned about the firing of long time employees at Sandcastle, Cliff stated it was done with cause and could have had criminal charges. I personally don't believe any of it. Firing long time employees is part of what Festiva does when they prey upon a resort.

why do you say things you know nothing about

Sou13

Reaction score
Have things changed since Memorial Day weekend?

Hello Friends,

On this list I see postings for both the Sandcastle and Southcape Resorts. I wish the Sandcastle owners well but my wife and I only own at Southcape. I recognize the potential tie-in if a class-action suit is initiated but would ask in general that posts of a purely Sandcastle nature be posted to a different list.

I raise this issue as a reply to this thread because the poster (Soul3) is implying that the Southcape employees are encouraging owners to convert to the Festiva Vacation Club and that old-time employees are being terminated. My wife and I just finished using our two weeks (34-35) and in my opinion, this assertion is not accurate at all.

At the last Southcape Owners Meeting this year, Cliff went out of his way to express his (and my) admiration for how Rosaleen Cassidy runs the resort. With the except of one maintenance man (Kevin), we saw the same employees that we have seen for several seasons.

No Southcape employee has ever encouraged us to convert to the Festiva Vacation Club. We have entertained "pitches" from Outfield Marketing employees and there is no need for me to repeat my reaction here.

Again, I encourage all civil on-topic posts to this discussion group but please be careful not to post content to this Southcape discussion group about facts or opinions that only relate to the Sandcastle Resort.

Bhound54
I have posted my experience and the experience of otheres elsewhere on these forums:
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=746386&postcount=254
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=734371&postcount=244
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=735338&postcount=247

Keep singing Rosaleen's praises, and so long as she stays on the good side of NEVS she'll keep her job. Can you personally vouch for all the other employees? Have any of them been replaced or fired since we were both there in May?

e.bram

Reaction score
bhound54:
Not a member of TUG(and wanting to be a moderator) and demanding your rules be followed by posters. Suggest you start your own forum where you can write the posting rules.(you will probably be the only poster.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I do not think Bhound54 is out of line in suggesting that thread would benefit from being kept on-topic. I fail to see that his post is so egregious that it should be suggested he go create his own forum. He politely expressed his opinion as an owner at Southcape that the thread remain on-topic.

Why the hostility for anyone who wants to relate favorable information?

Attack the post, not the poster.

Last edited:

Classylassy523

TUG Member
Reaction score
Attention - Southcape Owners Who Are Victims Of Outfield Marketing

Tom Mitchell, a Sandcastle owner, has an appointment on Wednesday, September 16, with the Mayor's Office of Consumer Protection which is the Local Consumer Protection Office of the Massachusetts Attorney General's Office in Springfield. His intent is to carry information that will be useful in proving the acts of deceptive marketing carried out by the Outfield Marketing sales people.

If you turned over your deed(s) because you believed what you were told and later found it to be false, or because you were pressured or felt threatened, and now want your deeds back, contact Tom with your story. He wants as many cases as he can gather to demonstrate to the advocate that there has been deception and wrong doing.

The dealings with Outfield have to have taken place within the boundaries of Massachusetts but not limited to Mashpee. If you met with them at the resort, then Tom wants to hear about it. If they came to your home and you live in Massachusetts then send Tom your story.

If you live outside of Massachusetts, but the dealings happened in Massachusetts then Tom wants to hear from you, too.

If you know of other owners who would want to have their story presented to the advocate, please contact them and give them this information and Tom's email address.

Tom is an owner at Sandcastle but he is willing to carry Southcape information and stories with him when he meets with the advocate.

Please do this as soon as possible as his meeting is this coming Wednesday.

Tom's email address is: tominspfld@gmail.com

Thank you

Last edited:

Sou13

Reaction score
Sandcastle owners posts are relevant

I do not think Bhound54 is out of line in suggesting that thread would benefit from being kept on-topic. I fail to see that his post is so egregious that it should be suggested he go create his own forum. He politely expressed his opinion as an owner at Southcape that the thread remain on-topic.

Why the hostility for anyone who wants to relate favorable information?

Attack the post, not the poster.
The question was asked by a Sandcastle owner, how are the employees faring at Southcape?

The posts by Sandcastle owners are relevant and informational. I am not aware that any employees have been fired, but I haven't been to Southcape since Memorial Day weekend.

I did have an experience while there which made me wonder whether the employees of our community association are being enticed or intimidated into giving owners' names to the Outfield Marketing sales reps. Read my post in reply to bhound54 above.

NEVMSLLC

Reaction score
The question was asked by a Sandcastle owner, how are the employees faring at Southcape?

The posts by Sandcastle owners are relevant and informational. I am not aware that any employees have been fired, but I haven't been to Southcape since Memorial Day weekend.

I did have an experience while there which made me wonder whether the employees of our community association are being enticed or intimidated into giving owners' names to the Outfield Marketing sales reps. Read my post in reply to bhound54 above.

No employees at Southcape have been terminated. No employees are being enticed or intimidated in any way.

NEVMSLLC

Reaction score
When questioned about the firing of long time employees at Sandcastle, Cliff stated it was done with cause and could have had criminal charges. I personally don't believe any of it. Firing long time employees is part of what Festiva does when they prey upon a resort.

Festiva is not "preying" on the resort and has no involvement with resort operations.

NEVMSLLC

Reaction score
Festiva has paid all maintenance fees and special assessments for which they are responsible.

TomBenoit

Reaction score
NEVMSLLC - Perhaps you can answer some questions

I had asked these before but really need specific answers before I decide on any course of action:

Who is Jonathan Brown and did he tell us the truth?

He showed up at our house with a copy of our deed to Southcape back in December 2008. He informed us that (some is on paper):

1) Festiva had purchased Southcape
2) Maintenance fees were going to $750/year
3) The ENTIRE septec system needed to be replaced for $5-10mm
4) There would be a $500/yr assesment for at least 5 years until
a) Septic is paid off
b) There is a $2mm reserve
5) All of Soutcape was switching to II
6) We could avoid the increased maint/assesments by 'upgrading' to Festiva
a) Year 1 of II would be included
b) Year 1 of Festiva maint would be included
c) We could 'opt out' of Festiva without penalty - anytime

We are now hearing some very conflicting information regarding the situation and implying that the individual (in my mind, in some way shape or form, an agent of Festiva) may not have been totally honest.

NEVMSLLC

Reaction score
I am no longer engaging in debate or dialogue in this forum. It's pointless. I will correct untruths that are posted here. If you or any other owner would like answers to your questions, please email me at nevmsllc@gmail.com

Cliff

Sou13

Reaction score
So it's true?

I am no longer engaging in debate or dialogue in this forum. It's pointless. I will correct untruths that are posted here. If you or any other owner would like answers to your questions, please email me at nevmsllc@gmail.com

Cliff
I believe TomBenoit is asking you to do just that. So does that mean that what Jonathan Brown told him is true?

Fig

Reaction score
Correcting Untruths

Cliff

"I will correct untruths that are posted here."

Perhaps you should start with yourself, Cliff. On July 9th I posted the TX address of Outfield Marketing. A shed worth about $1,400 at 135 Hickory, Denton TX. Hardly an office at all...more like a potting shed.

Here is my post http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753466&postcount=170

Barely 60 minutes had passed when you lept on the post declaring
"Gee Fig, you've got it wrong again. I've been to Outfield's offices and that ain't it!!"
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753502&postcount=171

Well, here is a handwritten legal document "SIGNED UNDER PENALTIES OF PERJURY" filed with the Secretary of The Commonwealth of Massachusetts declaring 135 Hickory as the address of Outfield Marketing's Mark Monroe and Steve Lamantia. Oh, and whose signature is at the bottom? None other than Clifford Hagberg himself.

http://corp.sec.state.ma.us/corp/corpsearch/get_pdf.asp?pdftype=.pdf

Care to let us know which of these statements are true, since you made both of them?

Last edited:

NEVMSLLC

Reaction score
"I will correct untruths that are posted here."

Perhaps you should start with yourself, Cliff. On July 9th I posted the TX address of Outfield Marketing. A shed worth about $1,400 at 135 Hickory, Denton TX. Hardly an office at all...more like a potting shed.

Here is my post http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753466&postcount=170

Barely 60 minutes had passed when you lept on the post declaring
"Gee Fig, you've got it wrong again. I've been to Outfield's offices and that ain't it!!"
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753502&postcount=171

Well, here is a handwritten legal document "SIGNED UNDER PENALTIES OF PERJURY" filed with the Secretary of The Commonwealth of Massachusetts declaring 135 Hickory as the address of Outfield Marketing's Mark Monroe and Steve Lamantia. Oh, and whose signature is at the bottom? None other than Clifford Hagberg himself.

http://corp.sec.state.ma.us/corp/corpsearch/get_pdf.asp?pdftype=.pdf

Care to let us know which of these statements are true, since you made both of them?

Yes, both statements are true. The building you identified is not Outfield's office. I've been there, you haven't.

Fig

Reaction score
Yes, both statements are true. The building you identified is not Outfield's office. I've been there, you haven't.

Allow me to share...here we have another legal document saying that $1,400 shed that you list as Steve and Mark's address is indeed the sales office...see those words "Sales Office Location: 135 E Hickory, Denton...2009 Certified Appraised Value $1,450"... the ONLY sales office that you or any legal document list ...the same address any Google search shows. The facts speak for themselves.

http://www.dentoncad.com/index.php?...tive=on&Year=2009&MinVal=0&MaxVal=&Results=10

NEVMSLLC

Reaction score
Allow me to share...here we have another legal document saying that $1,400 shed that you list as Steve and Mark's address is indeed the sales office...see those words "Sales Office Location: 135 E Hickory, Denton...2009 Certified Appraised Value $1,450"... the ONLY sales office that you or any legal document list ...the same address any Google search shows. The facts speak for themselves.

http://www.dentoncad.com/index.php?...tive=on&Year=2009&MinVal=0&MaxVal=&Results=10

My comments were made relative to a picture you had posted of a building you identified as their main offices. I've been to their building and the picture you posted was not it. I agree, the facts speak for themselves.

Fig

Reaction score
My comments were made relative to a picture you had posted of a building you identified as their main offices. I've been to their building and the picture you posted was not it. I agree, the facts speak for themselves.

I posted no picture...merely a link to Google's street view of Hickory Street in Denton so people could see for themselves the address you registered as the legal address for Outfield Marketing's principals. Afterall, your signature is on the document that states Mark and Steve's legal address is 135 Hickory that Denton TX values at all of $1,450.

Last edited:

mweinberg

Reaction score
I posted no picture...merely a link to Google's street view of Hickory Street in Denton so people could see for themselves the address you registered as the legal address for Outfield Marketing's principals. Afterall, your signature is on the document that states Mark and Steve's legal address is 135 Hickory that Denton TX values at all of $1,450.

So what you are trying to tell us is that Outfield's address os 135 Hickory, but the building shown on Google Earth for that address is incorrect? Then can we assume that Outfield's office would be in one of the other shacks on that street?

Sou13

Reaction score
Is this a secret society?

My private communications with owners are exactly that - private.
I contend that we'd all be better served if you answer his questions publicly so that you don't have to use up your time valued at $1,000 per month charged to us answering these important questions privately.

ChrisH

Reaction score
Thanks Mike

So what you are trying to tell us is that Outfield's address os 135 Hickory, but the building shown on Google Earth for that address is incorrect? Then can we assume that Outfield's office would be in one of the other shacks on that street?

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:
We all need some laughter in our day!

Fig

Reaction score

When I posed the question on Outfield Marketing's address to FestivaRep she gave me another address on the street. http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=774104&postcount=986

347 East Hickory
Denton TX 76201

That's worth a whopping $5,000 and unlike Cliff's $1,400 shack that he lists as Steve and Mark's TX address, is not owned by Outfield Marketing. It's a medical billing business according to Denton tax records. (Strange that she gave another company's address.)

http://www.dentoncad.com/index.php?...=2010&PropertyID=952707&PropertyType=P&AbsCd=

My point is this...if Outfield Marketing is a legitimate third party business, totally independent of Festiva and NEVS, why the big murky mystery when it comes to identifying the business? Cliff and FestivaRep talk about them like they are a big TX based business with all these phone lines, sending out reps to retrain and fire people, etc., etc. and yet after both NEVS and Festiva have been doing business with the company for years, the only legitimate address they offer between the two of them is a $1,400 shed on a run down section of street in Denton, TX. That is the address Cliff gave under penalty of perjury for Outfield Marketing's Steve Lamantia and Mark Monroe.

How independent is Outfield of Festiva when they appear to have no separate existence at all...save for a $1,400 shed, less than half the cost of a single week point conversion?

Is it any wonder Outfield Marketing reps have been quoted here as saying NEVS, Festiva and Outfield are all one big happy company? Aren't these reps who are supposed to be trained by Outfield higher ups a lot closer to the real picture than we are?

Last edited:

Sou13

Reaction score
The question is, where are they?

First find the street view of 135 E. Hickory St.:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Then find the street view of "Outfield Marketing":
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Since the address given for two of the three "principals of Outfield Marketing" who serve as trustees for Southcape Resort & Club Community Association, Inc., is 135, not 212 E. Hickory St., I'm assuming that Outfield Marketing has moved out of the building that houses a Houka Lounge and is located in the building shown on the street view for 135 E. Hickory St.

My question is, where are these trustees and why aren't they selling timeshare weeks so that we can increase the number of MF- and SA-paying owners? And why does the Community Association not own the weeks that aren't paying these MFs and SAs?