• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about WKORVN view categories?

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with this? I've looked at maps of WKORV-N and am trying to figure out what the view categories are. I know Marriott (among others) has color-coded resort maps for room types, is there such a map for WKORV/WKORVN? Which rooms are considered oceanfront at WKORV-N? Oceanview? Island? Are all the "inside" facing rooms (5X17-7X64) considered island? Are all the "outside" rooms oceanview? It looks like all of Bldg. 8 and part of Bldg. 5 is oceanfront.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Pam

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been looking at that, but I'd like to know how Starwood classifies the room view category. We've had different room views that I thought were a little wonky (stand out on the lanai on the table to get "oceanview"). I was wondering if there is an official (or unofficial) map that tells exactly how the resort classifies the view?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
There may be a view map, but we don't have one on TUG. There are definitely some problems with the view categories at WKORV-N. Some units labeled "ocean front" actually only have a partial ocean view. Some labeled "ocean view" have a very marginal ocean view.

The OF units at the first resort - WKORV have far superior Ocean Front views. The are all full, ocean front, square to the ocean.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Denise. I figured if anyone knew the answer, you would. Specifically, I"m wondering about the view category of 5X17/19? Listed as oceanfront, but I don't think Starwood would even classify it as oceanview. It's around the corner on the inside of Bldg 5.

And you're right - those oceanfront rooms in the original are really wonderful!!!!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The numbers are formatted like this:
1st number - bldg.
2nd number - floor
3rd/4th number - unit number

So you shouldn't have an "x" in there.

A high floor 17/19 unit may have a peak at the ocean from the corner of the unit.

Are you looking at rentals or what?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I think 5x17/19 is an OV or IV villa not OF - I don't have my CCRs (Owners Manual) for WKORVN with me (on my external hard-drive) but if I recall correctly all of B8 is OF, and B5 up to villa 5x16.

The OM has the listings the units and associated view catagories - or call SVO and ask.

x = floor number.

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Thanks, Denise. I figured if anyone knew the answer, you would. Specifically, I"m wondering about the view category of 5X17/19? Listed as oceanfront, but I don't think Starwood would even classify it as oceanview. It's around the corner on the inside of Bldg 5.

There is no way 5x17/19 is ocean view or ocean front.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no way 5x17/19 is ocean view or ocean front.

That's what I was thinking when I looked it up on the map. The unit number is 5317/19 - I couldn't remember what floor it was on. So, island view it is then? Just sold on eBay.

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
From the June 2008 Owner's Handbook, Ocean Resort Villas North, First Amendment to Declarations of Condominium Property Regime of Ocean Resort Villas North, Exhibit B, Schedule 1, starting on page 317.

Building 5, all floors, units 01/02 thru 15/16 are defined as Ocean Front Villa.
Building 5, all floors, units 19/17 thru 22/24 are defined as Island Villa.

Building 6, all floors, all units are Island Villa.

Building 7, 1st floor, all units are Island Villa except 67/68, which is Ocean Villa.
Building 7, 2nd floor, units 60/59 - 63/64 and 78/77 - 84/83 are Island Villa.
Building 7, 2nd floor, units 65/66 - 76/75 are Ocean Villa.
Building 7, floors 3 - 5, units 60/59 - 63/64 are Island Villa
Building 7, floors 3 - 5, units 65/66 - 84/83 are Ocean Villa.
Building 7, 6th floor, units 60/59 - 63/64 are Island Villa.
Building 7, 6th floor, units 65/66 - 78/77 are Ocean Villa.

Building 8, all floors, all units are defined as Ocean Front.

Greg

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Lisa and Greg! I added that info. to the map.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's what I was thinking when I looked it up on the map. The unit number is 5317/19 - I couldn't remember what floor it was on. So, island view it is then? Just sold on eBay.

I have noticed that some eBay sellers call everything "ocean front" if the resort is OF. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
There may be a view map, but we don't have one on TUG. There are definitely some problems with the view categories at WKORV-N. Some units labeled "ocean front" actually only have a partial ocean view. Some labeled "ocean view" have a very marginal ocean view.

The OF units at the first resort - WKORV have far superior Ocean Front views. The are all full, ocean front, square to the ocean.

I think they both have issue (i.e. WKORV and WKORV-N) I was in WKORV oceanview and could hardly see the ocean where in WKORV-N it was better, really depends on building and floor.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think they both have issue (i.e. WKORV and WKORV-N) I was in WKORV oceanview and could hardly see the ocean where in WKORV-N it was better, really depends on building and floor.

I think both resorts have some units with terrible "ocean views" - it does depend on the location and the floor, but the real glaring difference is the Ocean Front designation.

The "ocean front" units at WKORV are clearly superior to WKORV-N. When WKORV-N first opened, ocean front owners who paid huge amounts of money to be ocean front, were furious about some of the units with marginal views that were labeled "ocean front" by Starwood. I think Starwood really screwed up at WKORV-N by trying to stretch the ocean front category, so they could make more money. I think that's why the decided not to designate views at WPORV.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
WKORV units/views

From the June 2008 Owner's Handbook, Ocean Resort Villas North, First Amendment to Declarations of Condominium Property Regime of Ocean Resort Villas North, Exhibit B, Schedule 1, starting on page 317.

Here's the equivalent information for WKORV from the February 2009 Owner's Handbook, starting on page 32:

Building 2, all floors, units 30/31 are Ocean Front
Building 2, all floors, units 26/28 and 27/29 are Deluxe Ocean Front
Building 2, everything else is Ocean View

Building 3, all floors, units 30/31 are Ocean Front
Building 3, all floors, units 26/28 and 27/29 are Deluxe Ocean Front
Building 3, everything else is Ocean View

Building 4, 2nd to 6th floors, units 11 and 13 are Ocean View
Building 4, all floors, units 07/09 are Ocean View
Building 4, all floors, units 03/05 are Deluxe Ocean View
Building 4, all floors, units 02/04, 18/20 and 19/21 are Deluxe Island View
Building 4, everything else is Island View

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing it up!

Many, many thanks for all the quick and very clear replies. I'm always so impressed by how TUGgers help each other out.

Yes, I won the auction, and after contacting the resort and talking with the seller, the sale was cancelled. It was still a good price for an annual 2BR, but with Ka'anapali's high MF's for any view, I want to see the ocean. Interestingly, the resort is saying you could get ANY view. Technically, that's true. An island view owner could get bumped up to ocean view or ocean front, but I sure wouldn't count on it.

Thanks again. That information is GREAT to have on the sticky!

Pam

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
If you want OF - buy WKORV-south
glad it worked out

I had a friend that paid $48K for a WKORVN-IV
I rescinded a WKORVN OF at ~$70K (upon finding TUG)

paluamalia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN

Attachments

• DSC01021.jpg
    DSC01021.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 178

captionerlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I'm trying to figure out how the room numbers work for WKOVR. I see there are only buildings 2-4. So when I see unit listed as 452018 or 512018 or 531009, can anyone explain which is the building number, floor number and room(s) numbers.

Thanks,
Lisa

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I'm trying to figure out how the room numbers work for WKOVR. I see there are only buildings 2-4. So when I see unit listed as 452018 or 512018 or 531009, can anyone explain which is the building number, floor number and room(s) numbers.

Thanks,
Lisa

The first is at WKORV, the other two are at WKORVN.

452018 = Building 4, floor 5, units 20 and 18 -- a Deluxe 2BR Island View at WKORV
512018 = Building 5, floor 1, units 20 and 18 -- a 2BR Island View at WKORVN
531009 = Building 5, floor 3, units 10 and 09 -- a 2BR Ocean Front at WKORVN

Last edited:

glypnirsgirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
On those that have the 6 digits the first digit is the building, the second is the floor the next two are one unit and the next two are the second unit - its a 2 bedroom lock-off.

elaine

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

carolbol

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just found out that I am in Bldg 2 2 24. I willl be thee from 6/4-6/11/2011.
Thanks to Denise and others, am assuming from what I read that I am in bldg 2 ,seond floor, room 24.....can anyone tell me what my view will be? Will it be limited due to the floor?