• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

hilton rofr (march 2009 thread)

eugeneleemd

Reaction score
still waiting for my kalia eoy (purchased dec 4th!!!) rofr to pass. does anyone know exactly how long hgvc has to exercise that right? is it 30 days??

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
30-days sounds right. In my case (Seaworld), it was 30 days, and it only took two weeks. But it depends on the transfer terms that were in effect when your seller took title.

HGVC has a "waiver request" form they want you to use in which you give them your proposed closing date at least 30 days out, and attach a copy of your contract. I would call the closing agent to see it they've observed this procedure.

eugeneleemd

Reaction score
so just got off the phone with the hgvc. hgvc has 15 days rofr, and then 30 additional days to close the sale. interestingly they have no record that my kalia purchase has been submitted yet nor has the deed been submitted to county for recording. thetimesharecompany.com is killing me

SusieQ927

TUG Member
Reaction score
could someone advise what to expect on HGVC Seaworld, meaning what resale price could I expect to pay, versus what resale price would Hilton buy instead

any ideas what a good rule of them would be these days as I know I'll be wanting to buy more points

thanks

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
It could be broker

It is incumbent on the broker to request a ROFR. It looks like nothing is happening. When I purchased my timeshare it took about 20-30 days for the letter to come in. It took a total of 3 months from offer to close.

Deros

Bill4728

Reaction score
could someone advise what to expect on HGVC Seaworld, meaning what resale price could I expect to pay, versus what resale price would Hilton buy instead

any ideas what a good rule of them would be these days as I know I'll be wanting to buy more points

thanks
There was a report just a few days ago that a 7000 pt Seaworld passed ROFR at $11,500

prosperitylove79

TUG Member
Reaction score

thanks

I just purchased a 5000 point Seaworld for $5400 and a 7000 point Las Vegas Hilton for $11,300...Seth Nock was very helpful. I am surprised by the amount of time it is taking for some of you. Seaworld took 10 days and Las Vegas took 15 days...maybe it is different for each timeshare?

Also - is it possible to buy extra points? I have not seen anything regarding this...

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
... - is it possible to buy extra points? I have not seen anything regarding this...

The only way to get additional points is to buy a unit; however, if you run out of points in any year and want to book a longer or another stay: (1) you can borrow points from the following year; (2) make an "open season" reservation for a stay within 30 days; or (3) book a "Hilton-Hotel" stay at a HGVC resort using HHonors points or <cough> money.

Seth Nock

Reaction score
Right of First Refusal is 30 days at most of the resorts, 15 days at Las Vegas Strip property. For Platinum 7000 points at Sea World and Las Vegas Hilton, about 2/3 of my sales in the low 11 k level has passed right of first refusal, about 1/3 has been bought back. Tuscany and Las Vegas Strip is being exercised at significantly higher amounts. If you need additional points, typically you can rent them or buy another unit or borrow. Some of my past buyers will call me and I have arranged for rentals (I am sure other brokers may do the same for their buyers).

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Requesting clarification

If you need additional points, typically you can rent them or buy another unit or borrow. Some of my past buyers will call me and I have arranged for rentals (I am sure other brokers may do the same for their buyers).

Can you (as an approved broker) actually transfer rented points into an owner's account or are you simply renting a HGVC reservation?

Seth Nock

Reaction score
Actually, as of Jan 1, there are no approved brokers anymore (I know other brokers still advertise it) but there are no approved resale brokers anymore. Typically, if one of my buyers needs additional points, I would make the reservation and rent it.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Actually, as of Jan 1, there are no approved brokers anymore

Very interesting! If you don't mind me asking, what affect will that new policy have on existing brokers? Are some of your activities curtailed?

Kurt

Seth Nock

Reaction score
Very interesting! If you don't mind me asking, what affect will that new policy have on existing brokers? Are some of your activities curtailed?

Kurt

It should not really change things. Authorized HGVC Brokers started a Few year ago. Judi Kozlowski was one of the first (about a year before I was). As an Authorized Broker we not only had access to our listings, but to Hilton's as well. Judi had(s) many of her own listings as well as Hilton's. I tended to use Cobroker listings, my listings and once I became a Hilton Broker, Hilton's listings as well.

I always thought it was more important to use licensed broker and a licensed and bonded escrow company who will take care of their clients and customers, should any issues arise (not necessarily an authorized broker). We still have access to Hilton's inventory (although, with the current US economic state, I am using mostly cobroker and preforeclosure inventory, as it can usually be sold for less than Hilton's listings). So, I don't think it makes much of a difference that the "authorized broker status" has been removed.

angelc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right of First Refusal is 30 days at most of the resorts, 15 days at Las Vegas Strip property. For Platinum 7000 points at Sea World and Las Vegas Hilton, about 2/3 of my sales in the low 11 k level has passed right of first refusal, about 1/3 has been bought back. Tuscany and Las Vegas Strip is being exercised at significantly higher amounts. If you need additional points, typically you can rent them or buy another unit or borrow. Some of my past buyers will call me and I have arranged for rentals (I am sure other brokers may do the same for their buyers).

Seth, We are looking for the best sale price at the Hilton Flamingo, we already own 3,400 points in South Beach, looking for more points.

Thanks

Angel

gshipley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seth, We are looking for the best sale price at the Hilton Flamingo, we already own 3,400 points in South Beach, looking for more points.

Thanks

Angel

I am also interested to know what the going price is for 7000 flamingo points. I currently have mine listed at 10,500 with Judy.

Seth Nock

Reaction score
I am also interested to know what the going price is for 7000 flamingo points. I currently have mine listed at 10,500 with Judy.

Net or gross? If it is gross, she should have buyers standing on line for it.

Last edited:

gshipley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Net or gross? If it is gross, she should have buyers standing on line for it.

Gross. I have just been wondering if the economy is so bad that people are not willing to pay 10,500 for 7000 plat points with no ROFR. The one thing that may be slowing it down is that I have 400 points remaining for 2009.

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
you could have sold it yourself by placing an ad here at the timeshare marketplace for that price. There is one unit similar to yours on ebay currently bidding at $9020.00 which is going to end in 9 hours.

Last edited:

gshipley

TUG Member
Reaction score
you could have sold it yourself by placing an ad here at the timeshare marketplace for that price. There is one unit similar to yours on ebay currently bidding at $9020.00 which is going to end in 9 hours.

After reading my previous posts I think I may have unintentionally given an unclear description of my situation.

Last edited:

gshipley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Found a buyer

Just wanted to update everyone...... I received an offer on my timeshare this afternoon and it appears the sale will go smoothly.

pacman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gshipley

Do you mind telling us what kind of offer you received? Just wondering where the market at now. If you'd rather not say, no problem, I understand.

pacman

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo

Ebay sold for 9120 so I guess that is what it is worth in today's market maybe a little more or less.

gshipley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gshipley

Do you mind telling us what kind of offer you received? Just wondering where the market at now. If you'd rather not say, no problem, I understand.

pacman

I don't mind saying at all. :)

Last edited:

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is a great price for a seller. I guess, we cant use ebay as a pricing point.