• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has DVC showed up on RCI yet?

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know it's the first day of the new year, but has DVC shown up on RCI yet? Do we know if they are trading on weeks or points? The curiousity is really getting to me! Oddly, there seemed to be a couple of new DVC deposits into II this morning that weren't there for me yesterday???

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you could have done an exchange yesterday as a DVC member with II, as the cut off was 12/31/08 and I think Member Service was open yesterday.

Since everything is closed today, the first chance DVC members will be able to use RCI will be on Friday.

I'm not sure how much volume will be seen in RCI, especially this first month.
It's going to take the memebership sometime to figure out RCI(we haven't been given much info either).

From what I can tell from the DVC specific MB, over the years I have been a member. They tended to gravitate towards the "Brand Name" TS's, so they are a little disgruntled that Westin/Sheraton/Marriott are not available to them.

I figure a couple of people like Brian and Dean are going to have full boxes of PM's asking if Resort X in where ever is comparable to a Westin or Marriott.

A few of us have suggested TUG and to do your own research and a few have taken that advice prior to the switch. I think some will find it too much work to find there are other nice places out there.

But in my mind there are few TS's in RCI(that are on the DVC list) that make sense in doing a trade considering the high MF's of DVC. I've never used II with my points and I don't see myself using RCI(unless I did an add-on and got some DP's).

Last edited:

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're also DVC members, and you are correct that they haven't given any info about swapping in via RCI. I would never trade out my DVC points as we use them for something specific every year (Thanksgiving at the 11 month window). I'm just curious about trading into DVC via RCI now. We had been also trading in via II for the past few years and it was great. I'm hoping for something similar via RCI, as we could never afford enough DVC points to book all the weeks that we we were swapping for.

OnMedic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the question is whether anyone is seeing it come up for them when you log in to RCI. We have RCI, but only the Hilton so I am curious also (because, like DVC, I cannot log on directly to RCI).

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're also DVC members, and you are correct that they haven't given any info about swapping in via RCI. I would never trade out my DVC points as we use them for something specific every year (Thanksgiving at the 11 month window). I'm just curious about trading into DVC via RCI now. We had been also trading in via II for the past few years and it was great. I'm hoping for something similar via RCI, as we could never afford enough DVC points to book all the weeks that we we were swapping for.

We also use the bulk of our points for Thanksgiving! Just booked our 4th trip, this time in a GV at SSR! We have VB point for our Easter trip.

I really think it might be slow going(unless DVC puts some developer weeks in).

We've been thinking about BLT, but I'm looking for one of those road shows like they did in Rochester NY or SoCal. Huge incentives given, much better than at WDW.

gorevs9

TUG Member
Reaction score
As of today, I do not see any DVC resorts listed in the online directory or in the list of available resorts when doing a Points Standard Reservation.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
As of today, I do not see any DVC resorts listed in the online directory or in the list of available resorts when doing a Points Standard Reservation.

As of today, II is still showing DVC resorts in its directory. I've had a request in for months for an October, 2009 trade and haven't been matched yet so I don't expect a match to come through. Possibly the changes won't be shown on either RCI or II until tomorrow, the first "work" day following the holiday? I'll check tomorrow to see if II puts a message on my account when I log in.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
You don't have to be an RCI member to view the directory. Just go to www.rci.com and view the directory by choosing the Resort Directory tab.

There are still only 69 resorts listed for Orlando, and DVC isn't one of them.

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
We also use the bulk of our points for Thanksgiving! Just booked our 4th trip, this time in a GV at SSR! We have VB point for our Easter trip.

I really think it might be slow going(unless DVC puts some developer weeks in).

We've been thinking about BLT, but I'm looking for one of those road shows like they did in Rochester NY or SoCal. Huge incentives given, much better than at WDW.

Wow, a GV at SSR at Thanksgiving will be really nice!! We just booked our 1 bedroom standard view at Boardwalk for Thanksgiving 2009 a few days ago. That eats up most of our points for the year. We also have a small 50 point Vero contract that we use for random stays. When the girls get older we plan to use those points for some summer nights at Vero. We live about 20 or 25 minutes north of Vero on the same barrier island, so it's really convenient for us :)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
A gentle reminder - please post sightings and sightings requests on the Sightings Board. The Sightings Board is one of the perks of being a TUG member.

Last edited:

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
A gentle reminder - please post sightings and sightings requests on the Sightings Board. The Sightings Board is one of the perks of being a TUG member.

Sorry Denise my Grand Villa was something I booked with my DVC points not exchanged into.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
No apology necessary - my post wasn't directed at you in any way. Thanks! :hi:

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, a GV at SSR at Thanksgiving will be really nice!! We just booked our 1 bedroom standard view at Boardwalk for Thanksgiving 2009 a few days ago. That eats up most of our points for the year. We also have a small 50 point Vero contract that we use for random stays. When the girls get older we plan to use those points for some summer nights at Vero. We live about 20 or 25 minutes north of Vero on the same barrier island, so it's really convenient for us :)

Reason for the GV is my sister(aka the boat anchor) is coming along. I figure less than 1/2 day into the trip she'll be mad at DH for telling her to move faster or she'll get lost at whatever park we are in. :hysterical:

I think I will need to increase my adult beverage consumption that week to deal with the 2 of them.

rwpeterson

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
approved resorts

Since DVC/RCI has limited the resorts that DVC members can trade in to, do you think owners of these "approved" RCI resorts will be the only ones who can pull a deposited DVC week?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
No, I don't think that will be the case. I think any strong trader should pull the DVC's, if they even go into weeks. I expect them to actually be in points.

rwpeterson

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
points??

No, I don't think that will be the case. I think any strong trader should pull the DVC's, if they even go into weeks. I expect them to actually be in points.

RCI points? Shoot! I don't own any. I guess I'm going to have to break down and buy DVC.

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score

I paid to become a TUG member via Paypal weeks ago but was never sent my email link to allow me to confirm the account. None of my emails has resulted in any assistance to activate my account. Hence, I asked for the "sighting" info here because I have not been able to become a TUG member!

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score

That is my curiosity...will DVC be in weeks or points. I suspect points as well, but of course I am hoping for weeks.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I paid to become a TUG member via Paypal weeks ago but was never sent my email link to allow me to confirm the account. None of my emails has resulted in any assistance to activate my account. Hence, I asked for the "sighting" info here because I have not been able to become a TUG member!

I'm glad you spoke up - there is an easy way to fix that. CLICK HERE

Please pm me if this doesn't work or your need more help. Note that sometimes TUG emails go into someone's spam folder, so you might want to check that..

Any time you have a problem with something like this, just click on the yellow, BBS HELP icon in the blue bar at the top of the page for the help menu.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I expect the DVC resorts will be "Points Resorts" with their own RCI Points charts---otherwise, they'd use the generic FL crossover grid, which would severely under-value them compared to the other top resorts in Orlando.

But, there are plenty of examples of Points resorts with inventory in Weeks---even for newer resorts that have always been in Points from day 1. I suspect that DVC Members who exchange for full weeks will have their backing inventory placed in Weeks, but we'll just have to wait and see.

I think the more interesting question is whether there will be a 1-in-N rule, and if so, per-resort, or system-wide.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the more interesting question is whether there will be a 1-in-N rule, and if so, per-resort, or system-wide.

Forgot about that little tidbit, maybe RCI will have the info up on Friday.

jstapleton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all since I have been wondering about DVC and when RCI will see them and weeks/points.
So, if I am understanding correctly, my two resorts, which I own deeded weeks, I will be unable to deposit for DVC. Is this correct?
Thank you very much for all your help.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I expect the DVC resorts will be "Points Resorts" with their own RCI Points charts---otherwise, they'd use the generic FL crossover grid, which would severely under-value them compared to the other top resorts in Orlando.

But, there are plenty of examples of Points resorts with inventory in Weeks---even for newer resorts that have always been in Points from day 1. I suspect that DVC Members who exchange for full weeks will have their backing inventory placed in Weeks, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Brian, I think a lot of the resorts that are in weeks and points all started as weeks and had weeks converted to points, and that is why you see both, because they won't deposit my Shearwater weeks into RCI points, since I don't have RCI points.

With DVC owners being promised nightly stays, I think they will be in points only, since this is brand new. But I hope I am wrong on that.

If DVC goes to points, there will be no one-in-N rules because there are no such thing in points.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of several of the newer Wyndhams, which have always been "Points" resorts. Yet, they have inventory in Weeks routinely, and have a negoiated agreement between the developer (who chooses all deposits) and RCI. Yes, they are part of the same corporate umbrella, so who knows what DVC will negotiate.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When you deposit your Fairfield points, you are depositing them into weeks, aren't you? 28K = one week in a blue studio, not one week in RCI points, just weeks. There are no choices for depositing into RCI points, are there? I haven't done much with deposits into RCI, so I have no idea.