• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has DVC showed up on RCI yet?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Accounts with the PlusPartners attribute have a generic crossover grid to Points inventory from Wyn FSP. Any account with one (or more) developer sales is automaticaly enrolled in PlusPartners, and resale-only accounts can pay a fee to enroll.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Brian, how about that? I guess I need to read that primer again on wyndhamowners.org

I would like to know more about how it works.

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC is still showing up in II as of this morning...new deposits that weren't there yesterday. I think that the rollout w/RCI must not be going very well for them to continue depositing into II.

Lynzie

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is probably from a canceled confirmation and not a new deposit.

OnMedic

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI

Just talked to RCI. The only DVC resort loaded into there system is Vero Beach. Therefore, you can not even open a search for any of the others and I was told to call back in 2-4 weeks.

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI

Just talked to RCI. The only DVC resort loaded into there system is Vero Beach. Therefore, you can not even open a search for any of the others and I was told to call back in 2-4 weeks.

Niiiiice...I wonder how this inept rollout will fly with DVC.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC won't care--as long as it doesn't impact their Members' ability to trade out (and I don't see why it would---I assume the trade power negotations have already happened.)

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just checked the RCI resort directory, using my RCI Points account. I searched for both "Vero" and "Disney' in Florida, and neither search showed any DVC resorts yet.

summervaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with an RCI person about some weeks I deposited. For what it's worth, she said the Disney deposits would start showing up on January 5th. It was unsolicited. I did not ask about Disney.

On a side note, I have to say with a laugh that I have not dealt with a company as slow and backwards as Wyndham in years. I attempted to deposit two weeks into RCI on Dec. 21 and Dec. 23. I purchased resale contracts in August, they were forwarded to Wyndham in September and October and finally had to be pulled by a team lead and "expedited" to be in my account by Dec. 31. Of course, RCI has no record of those deposits from the Wyndham site. I'm sure I probably did something wrong, but I also suspect they are just languishing somewhere at Wyndham waiting for someone to "process" them. Ah, the fun continues!:hysterical:

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with an RCI person about some weeks I deposited. For what it's worth, she said the Disney deposits would start showing up on January 5th. It was unsolicited. I did not ask about Disney.

On a side note, I have to say with a laugh that I have not dealt with a company as slow and backwards as Wyndham in years. I attempted to deposit two weeks into RCI on Dec. 21 and Dec. 23. I purchased resale contracts in August, they were forwarded to Wyndham in September and October and finally had to be pulled by a team lead and "expedited" to be in my account by Dec. 31. Of course, RCI has no record of those deposits from the Wyndham site. I'm sure I probably did something wrong, but I also suspect they are just languishing somewhere at Wyndham waiting for someone to "process" them. Ah, the fun continues!:hysterical:

Hey, a tip, if you want them to show up quickly, have the Wyndham person connect you to RCI to do your search. It always shows up instantly for me when I do that.

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey, a tip, if you want them to show up quickly, have the Wyndham person connect you to RCI to do your search. It always shows up instantly for me when I do that.

I could not agree more with summervaca about Wyndham. I can not count how many times I call Wyndham just to straighten out things. One of the reason is that the RCI deposit does not show up online any where. So I really did not know the status until I am ready to exchange.

I just called Wyndham last night looking for help to find my missing deposits. After taking long time reading notes on my account, the VC figured out how many deposit I should have and transferred me to RCI. The RCI rep took over and confirmed that I have these weeks to trade. When I asked about my confirmed RCI exchange, the RCI rep could not find any. I was really getting worried when he figured out that there are 3 RCI accounts for my Wyndham points:eek: . That is why I could not find my deposits. But he has no way of merging them.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I will be moving any DVC Sightings posted here, to the TUG Sightings Board, which is a perk of TUG membership.

If you'd like to join, it's only $15 and you can join TUG here.

For the quickest access, don't use Paypal, which actually requires a human to process it at our end.

Last edited:

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be moving any DVC Sightings posted here, to the TUG Sightings Board, which is a perk of TUG membership.

If you'd like to join, it's only $15 and you can join TUG here.

For the quickest access, don't use Paypal, which actually requires a human to process it at our end.

Apparently the human didn't process mine:rolleyes: Even clicking on the link above didn't help. I am about to give up.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Apparently the human didn't process mine:rolleyes: Even clicking on the link above didn't help. I am about to give up.

I'm sorry you are still having problems.

Did you go to this link and submit your email address?

You can have the bbs send your registration activation information to you again by going to www.tugbbs.com/forums/register.php?do=requestemail and entering the same email address you entered when you registered (or subsequently updated). This can ONLY be sent to the address currently entered in your bbs profile.

If you did, did you get an email response?

If you didn't get a response, did you check your Spam folder?

Just in case you missed it, here is the info. about how to enter your member code in your profile.

Please let me know, so we can get you taken care of.

lawgs

Reaction score
RCI - DVC restrictions

no 1 in4 rule as of yet

30 mile radius restrictions on resorts that can trade into DVC ( no Orlando resorts much like II )

points are points are points....if you have enough and DVC appears you should be able to snag the inventory

the dreaded 95$ fee explained...

A USD$95 RESORT FEE PER UNIT WILL BE BILLED UPON CHECK IN FOR ALL EXCHANGES (ALREADY INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF VACATIONRENTAL).FEE INCLUDES COMPLIMENTARY SHUTTLE SERVICE PROVIDED BY DISNEY MAGICAL EXPRESS,EXTENDED PARK VISITATION HOURS ON SELECT DAYS AND TRANSPORTATION THROUGHOUT DISNEY RESORTS. FEE ALSO COVERS OTHER SERVICES INDLUDING ADVANCE DINING RESERVATIONS, ASSISTANCE WITH OPTIONAL DISNEY DINING PLAN, TEE TIMES AND DELIVERY OF ANY PURCHASES MADE AT DISNEY DIRECTLY TO YOUR RESORT. DETAILED INFORMATION WILL BE PROVIDED ALONG WITH YOUR RESERVATION CONFIRMATION. PETS AND SMOKING ARE NOT ALLOWED. RENTAL UNIT HOLDS CANNOT BE GUARANTEED BEYOND THE END OF THEDAY IT WAS HELD.

rci site is glitchy since one you confirm even if you do not finishing the transaction, you take the unit you are loking at out of the visible inventory for a while.....

anyone seen a RENTAL unit yet?

owen1521

Reaction score
rci rentals are here

there's about 270 units available for rent through extra vacations
okw / ssr / boardwalk villas

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
there's about 270 units available for rent through extra vacations
okw / ssr / boardwalk villas

A little greedy, don't ya think.

Disney's Old Key West Resort (#DV05)
Studio 4 (2) Partial Saturday, October 10, 2009 Saturday, October 17, 2009 $8,999.99 :hysterical:

jstapleton

TUG Member
Reaction score
A little greedy, don't ya think.

Disney's Old Key West Resort (#DV05)
Studio 4 (2) Partial Saturday, October 10, 2009 Saturday, October 17, 2009 $8,999.99 :hysterical:

OMG :eek:
I'll keep my OLCC :cheer:

gorevs9

TUG Member
Reaction score
[Please post sightings on the Sightings Board - DeniseM Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

tidefan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Quick question. Can you trade into DVC using RCI Weeks, or is it just available on RCI points?

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are a TUG member, you can go to the Sightings board and see the thread on which DVC weeks have been found on RCI both on the Points side the the Weeks side and what folks have used to pull those weeks.