• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

renting timeshares

karentrimmer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience using redweek.com or timeshareadventures to advertise their timeshare? Which sites have you had the best luck with? Any idea's would be greatly appreciated.

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
For my 2009 rentals Vacation Timeshare and Rentals (VTR) has been getting the best results for me. Redweek for some reason has been dead.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Vacation Timeshare Rentals Dot Com.

RedWeek works like ClassMates-Dot-Com in requiring paid membership status before we can do anything worthwhile.

I'm willing to pay for ClassMates if it's a class reunion year when access would help contact old chums. The rest of the time, the value is not there. Ditto RedWeek-Dot-Com. (I believe ClassMates-Dot-Com & RedWeek-Dot-Com are in cahoots.)

Craig's List is free, so it's worth a try.

eBay requires jumping through Square Trade hoops, which is a bother.

We've had the best success in renting out timeshares via the free section of Vacation Timeshare Rentals Dot Com.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Phill12

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used Redweek last two years and it was a waste of time and money!

I know others state they rent off the site all the time but in my case it wasn't worth it. I had fourth of July week both years and resort was booked out for the week.

My biggest problem wasn't not renting because we used it but the fact that I never had one person ever contact me for information and try to bring my price down. Both years I was priced $200 under the asking prices of regular weeks so my price was never to high. :annoyed:

One owner contacted me that also had Fourth of July week 2007 and said he was fed-up with Redweek site and gave it to the resort to rent. Stated they rented the whole week in three days of him giving it to them and for much more money than he had asked for on Redweek.

Time after time members have asked for a counter instead of Redweek or one member telling everyone thousands a day look at your ad and still no counter to prove some owners are not having anyone see their ads!:rolleyes:

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Demise of Redweek

When Redweek first came out, I had great success renting my listed ts's. I had three or four inquiries for each listing. I had to say sorry more than once. Since they started charging a membership to inquire about renting I got zero responses and wasted my listing money. Too bad they had to change their business model to require fees on both ends of the transaction. I have not renewed my membership and won't.

abc31

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had some success with redweek & the market place here on tug. My resort network didn't work for me at all, nor did vtr. The problem I find with redweek is that most of the inquiries seem to be about dates other than what I have advertised, even if I post that these are the only dates I have available.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My limited experience...

I have had some success with redweek & the market place here on tug. My resort network didn't work for me at all, nor did vtr. The problem I find with redweek is that most of the inquiries seem to be about dates other than what I have advertised, even if I post that these are the only dates I have available.

I own my weeks to use them, but when scheduling conflicts have made that impossible, MyResortNetwork has consistently produced (for me, anyhow) the most genuine inquiries resulting in a rental. RedWeek has never actually produced a renter for me but oddly, despite their "access by members only" model, I still got contacted by a fair number of third party agencies and assorted "tire kickers" responding to ads on that site. :shrug:

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I also use the TUG rentals and craigslist.com.

Right now, because of the economy, there are a lot of rentals on the market and fewer people are traveling. I am experiencing the same thing myself, with a prime holiday week, that has only gotten one inquiry.

Good luck!

funtime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Depends on resort

Since Redweek is most easily searchable by resort, named resorts or named brands such as Marriott or Sheraton do better on Redweek. I have had no luck renting nice but "no name" resorts on Redweek - however, my sister has had success with her Marriott weeks. Funtime

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's only my second full year renting and selling timeshares, so my experience is limited, but all my success has been from myresortnetwork.com. I advertised in both redweek.com and myresortnetwork.com using same descriptions and price. Since all my rentals and one sale have come from myresortnetwork, I'll be giving up on redweek. I have recently tried using vacationtimesharerentals (it's free) and so far received one inquiry.

The absolute key to success in my opinion is to realistically price your weeks.

SharonD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Redweek still works for most of my rentals. Myresortnetwork is my second choice. I have only rented one week through vacationtimesharerentals -- I seem to get a lot of "low ball" offers through there. In the past I've had success with E-bay for some rentals but not this year.

The economy is definitely affecting rentals this year -- I had trouble with a Hawaii New Year's week this year which had rented for a good price every year for the last 6 years. This year I had to rent it at the last minute for the price of the maintenance fee (though once I listed it that low, I had competition for the rental).

Aussiedog

TUG Member
Reaction score
For Rentals I have tried Redweek, TUG and Craigslist.

So far 100% of the rentals have come from Redweek. Go figure.

Ann

Phill12

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's only my second full year renting and selling timeshares, so my experience is limited, but all my success has been from myresortnetwork.com. I advertised in both redweek.com and myresortnetwork.com using same descriptions and price. Since all my rentals and one sale have come from myresortnetwork, I'll be giving up on redweek. I have recently tried using vacationtimesharerentals (it's free) and so far received one inquiry.

The absolute key to success in my opinion is to realistically price your weeks.

Sernow you are right about price your asking and most of us on these forums preach this!

Problem is if no one see's your ad price is not a issue and this is why many were asking for a counter.

Lets face it if you during normal times own in Hawaii or East Coast beach area's and Islands your ad will probably be found on any site you list.

The owners in other area's are not seen by as many people on sites like Redweek and then have to join to contact the owner just limits your chances.

This issue was beat to death last year on there with excuse it keeps out scammers and tire kickers. Funny part as another member on this post stated they still gets them. So much for that reason for charging.:shrug:

I listed this year on Tug after waiting months on Redweek and had about eight contacts within days, two scammers,three companies wanting to list and one lady that was scared about the patio because she has a young boy that climbs everything. I talked her out of renting because we are in the mountains and it is still a good drop to ground. Also had two people that only wanted to rent three days around the holiday which we would not do.:crash:

Bottom line is on Tug we had contact from people so we know someone did see our ad.(all you can ask for)!

PHIL

Last edited: