• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Accomodation Certificates from II

KCI

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received a request from II today. They want me to deposit my Marco Island, FL timeshare for Sept 2009 and they will give me an AC. Did anyone else get one of these for any timeshares you own? I am amazed that of all the timeshares we own, they would choose to offer an AC for this unit, as the usage is in prime hurricane season. Oh well! I guess they think they know what they're doing? Linda

Last edited by a moderator:

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I get them for all of our Royal Resorts units.

walumb01

TUG Member
Reaction score
polo towers and marriott desert springs II are being offered in our account
one or two bedrooms

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
AC's

polo towers and marriott desert springs II are being offered in our account
one or two bedrooms

Have you been able to use the AC's prior to expiration?

We had numerous bonus weeks from RCI, but could never use them, or the choices were not good.

KCI

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had two for this year, one has just expired, the other is good till Oct 13 but we won't be able to use it. We also own a Royal Resort unit but no word from II about an AC...

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
have 2. haven't used either

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had two last year, and used both of them---a Memorial Day weekend trip to DVC, and sent my brother to Big Bear Lake the week after Labor Day as a wedding gift.

They are surprisingly useful.

Kimberly614

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had two this year and have used both for Beach Club Villas studio rooms in June. We will use one for our family, and I am donating the other to our school's auction. Yes, I know I do not get a tax write off, but it should help raise some money for the school and maybe some family will get a pretty nice deal:)

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Kimberley, that is a nice thing to do! I hope they make good money on that donation. :)

Bill4728

Reaction score
Just my general observations about ACs:
-II has significantly lessened the # of AC they are offering. Historically, they gave them out early and often but seems to have changed over the last year or so as seen by the long thread on the marriott board about getting ACs.

- If you can use them for last minute travel/flexchange ( within 59 days) they are great!! For between $150-$300 you can get some great bargains!

-If you going somewhere off season that normally has a lot of supply (like Orlando in Off season) Then there great for >59 days of travel.

But as many the post have said, a lot of ACs go unused.

CATBinCO

TUG Member
Reaction score
We used ours! Arizona in early June - yeah it's going to be hot - but we have never seen the Grand Canyon or Sedona so we're looking forward to it! For my AC, Orlando in June was also an option, but the airfare is too much, and I'm saving it for when my son is a little older. (He's only 18 mos right now.) If I have a bonus week, I am going to try my hardest to use it, even though it's limited on locations, and we're limited to traveling during school breaks since my husband is a teacher.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
-II has significantly lessened the # of AC they are offering. Historically, they gave them out early and often but seems to have changed over the last year or so as seen by the long thread on the marriott board about getting ACs.
My anecdotal experience confirms this. I've got two summer Wisconsin weeks that were offered in 2008, right at the one-year mark. The 2009 weeks have not been offered ACs.

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
So far I've gotten one every year for my June Spicebush week. I've use them for Marriott Grande Vista in Orlando, Swallowtail (HH) and for Marriott Manor Club (twice). I've been very happy with all ..especially love Manor Club :)

AMJ

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We also use our certificates. We have used them for Aruba in June and Hilton Head in July and Christmas as well as Orlando for Christmas.

We are using our 2009 Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head weeks next year. Our Cypress Harbour week did not qualify for an AC this year so we won't have accommodation certificates for 2009.

Joyce

KCI

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am the OP and no one has really answered my original post. I, too, have received AC's in the past that just automatically showed up in my II account but this year I actually got a request in the US Mail from II stating that if I deposit my Marco Island unit they will give me an AC. Has anyone else received the same kind of offer through the US mail?

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
In the past I have gotten offers for an AC through the mail. I have not gotten one this yesr.

Ray

hunkyleebo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, every year they send me something in the mail offering me an AC for my Hideaway Sands week (St. Pete, FL). Maybe they're targeting west coast of FL since there's high demand and low supply?

jlr10

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just received an AC offer in the mail for a 2008 Hawaii deposit. In the past we have received this request and it always reflected the current and next year. Online it showed that 2008 and 2009 were both eligable, but the 2009 offer was recently removed online. Interesting that 2009 was not being offerred. I am not sure if this is because they anticipate getting a lot of deposits next year, or because our resort just changed management companies. But, back to the original question, yes the offer came through the mail. We have gotten a mailed offer every year since purchasing in Kauai.

erm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received the offer in the mail for my Eagle's Nest Thanksgiving week but I had already deposited it. I was promised an AC by the II rep but when I didn't see it show up on my account I called II. The rep I spoke with told me that my week didn't qualify - the previous rep had made a mistake. I had to speak to a supervisor to get the AC I was promised. Eagle's Nest weeks have always qualified for ACs.

maddaug

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a request for deposit first and receive an AC for our Longboat Key timeshare in the mail. Our usage is in June. So yes to your question.

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, every year they send me something in the mail offering me an AC for my Hideaway Sands week (St. Pete, FL). Maybe they're targeting west coast of FL since there's high demand and low supply?

My experience confirms II targeting of Florida Gulf coast. Clearly high demand most of the time. But they don't seem to offer an AC for Colorado or Tennesee or West Virginia. Or do they ?

K.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience confirms II targeting of Florida Gulf coast. Clearly high demand most of the time. But they don't seem to offer an AC for Colorado or Tennesee or West Virginia. Or do they ?

K.

I received ACs for my Feb deposit in New Smyrna Beach (FL) and Williamsburg Virginia summer weeks. Also received one from the purchase a getaway offer - get a free AC.

So I have 4 that need to be used by September.

Using 1 for DVC in January
Using 2 for NH ski in March - stay about 4 nights
Giving one to my parents
Using 1 for NH summer - stay about 4 nights

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Let me know

If anyone has an AC they cannot use please send me a PM. I have run of weeks to search with and it's driving me CRAZY:wall: :bawl: Thanks Marylyn