• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Accomodation Certificates from II

Radcliffe

Reaction score
AC offered for Playa Andaluza but...

We were offered an AC for our 2009 week in Playa Andaluza. This seems great as we planned to deposit anyway next year.

The problem is we've also bought a week at MGV which has passed ROFR but the paperwork is taking forever so can't get my week booked. Ideally my plan was to exchange Playa (should be easy enough we hope) and book a second week as an owner at Grande Vista, should this be easy enough or are we likely to be too late? We're not sure how heavily booked MGV gets at that tme of year. We are looking at 2-16 July.

Also any idea what chance we have of getting the second week by using the AC or is that just pie in the sky?

Appreciate any help you can give as we seem to get more and more confused each year,although we do love our Marriott purchases so far.

Kimberly614

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't believe July is on the grid for Orlando so you would have to make the exchange during flex (59 days out). June is on the grid, though, so if you could switch your dates by a bit, you might be able to get the first week with an AC. I have used both of my ACs for Beach Club Villas in Orlando for June 2009.

hedin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received an AC offer by mail for my Smoky Mountain fall week. Unfortunately, it only qualified if I deposit my 2br whole and I am planning on splitting my unit.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If you use your AC to search II inventory, you'll see a grid or chart (like an Excel spread sheet) that has numerous geographical areas (e.g., Aruba, Hilton Head, Las Vegas) on the left from top to bottom. On the top of the chart, from left to right, you'll see each of the next 12 months listed. At every point where an individual geographical area intersects with a specific month, there is a box. If the box is shaded (e.g., Hilton Head in July), there is no availability for your AC. If the box is blank (e.g., Hilton Head in February), you can check that box if you are interested in searching for availability in that location and that month. The grid severely limits your vacation choices to mostly off-season weeks that might otherwise go unclaimed as exchanges.

If you limit your search to the next 59 days or less from the date of your search, you won't see the grid and won't be limited by it. You'll be able to see most of II's available inventory.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I have received AC offers via the mail from II and usually it shows up online, also, under my week.

I get AC offers for my Smoky Mountain summer weeks and for my Marriott Branson Gold week, too.

Cyndy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have to say that I got an AC for deposing my 2009 Marriott Ko Olina week and I am really frustrated because frankly, the choices they gave me to use it suck. It is rather aggravating to deposit a high demand Marriott week and then get locked out of any decent months to another Marriott destination (i.e. Arizona) unless I want to go in the summer - - no winter months offered at all. The way it's going, we'll probably just let it go. This is my first time getting an AC for depositing and if this is how you are rewarded, I think I'll just rent it out if I ever need to deposit again. I really wanted to go somewhere either in Phoenix this winter or within driving distance in the summer. Oh well, live and learn. I know it is probably more open if you make plans within the 59 day window, but that doesnt' work well for us due to work schedules, etc.

Last edited: