• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mama Mia the movie

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just saw this movie this afternoon and we LOVED it! It makes you feel good all over! Great for all ages! :)

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Did you see the regular, or the sing-along version? Younger dd and and I saw the regular version earlier this summer, and then last weekend both dds and I went to see the sing-along. I loved it both times. It is a really engaging, fun movie. :D

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the sing a long version? I saw the play in Vegas and saw Mama Mia the movie, but don't know about the sing a long. shaggy

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it shows the lyrics to the songs right on the screen, like subtitles, so you can sing along. They were going to release the sing-along version at the end of August.

luv2vacation

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to see it went it first came out. Not officially the sing-along version, but I, along with many others, sang along anyway! (I did do it very quietly...:D )

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
What a fun fun movie!

I haven't heard of the sing-along. I'm smiling just thinking of the movie :cheer:

I've seen it 2.5 times and I would happily (literally) see it again and again. Everyone in the theatre came out smiling. :)

Last week we saw Disaster Movie - and it truly was a disaster. The worst movie I have ever seen, and only the second that I've walked out on. While DD and her dad stayed in it (she enjoyed it and he suffered), I went into the next theatre and watched the end of Mama Mia!

A+++ for fun. :cheer:

Jestjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
We LOVED the movie. Even DH said he wanted to see it again and he usually hates musicals.

suesam

TUG Member
Reaction score
I loved that movie. It is not very often that I can sit there for almost two hours and laugh out loud to the point of tears. I would happily go again... in fact I may talk my dh into going next weekend. I went with a girlfriend but I am sure he would love it as well.
Definitely one of my all time favorites.

Sue

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
The ultimate in CHICK-FLICKS! BTW, Pierce Brosnan please, please do not quit your day job for the singing profession. He is really terrible!

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
My oh My!

I've seen it twice and really loved it. I might have to buy the DVD when it comes out. Just makes you feel good all over!

Janna

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
The ultimate in CHICK-FLICKS! BTW, Pierce Brosnan please, please do not quit your day job for the singing profession. He is really terrible!

But who cares? :hysterical:

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right. Anything Pierce does is okay by me.

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pierce in Hanalei Bay

Right. Anything Pierce does is okay by me.

Last November, we had lunch at the Hanalei Bay Deli and who walked in but Pierce and his two sons. He walked right toward our table (I was against the wall so I felt like he was walking toward ME) and sat catty-corner so I got to look at him the entire time without feeling like I was gaping. Even though I was speechless when he walked in and all I could say was, "James Bond"! My husband cracks up everytime he tells this story. :hysterical:

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
And may I just say Pierce has gotten BETTER-looking over the years. When he was Remington Steele, he was just a bit too pretty-pretty.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, watching him kneeling there during "Say I do....." :p

Moosie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw this fantastic uplifting play in Boston then again in Providence. Loved it both times. When in Providence I took my the 12 year old niece to her first play. She loved it too.

We were supposed to go see the movie together in July, but due to pending surgery I wasn't able to get down to see it with her. Her mom(mysister) went and both loved it.

I'm still trying to get to see it by myself, but have not made it YET.

It is on my list this week.

It truly was such a fun uplifting play.

Last edited:

3kids4me

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm still upset that they took "Thank You for the Music" out of the movie...which was easily my favorite song in the play.

We thought it was just alright, but I think that's because we are huge fans of the show (have seen it four times) and also because of the lack of good singing talent in the movie. I mean, Pierce cannot sing at all. Nice to look at though! ;)

khdem

Reaction score
Great movie...Meryl and Pierce singing...what a laugh!!

We laughed and cried...the movie was great. Can't wait to see it again.

Kay:clap:

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
At least Streep can sing...though he's lovely to look at, Pierce's voice stinks, but who cares??>?
Connie

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went with a friend and we enjoyed it 100%. I gave Pierce
coodoos for giving it a go with the singing :clap:

andypoole

TUG Member
Reaction score
We spent a weekend in London and were going to see two live shows. We saw a play on the Saturday and were going to see the Mama Mia stage show on the Sunday but changed our minds at the last minute and saw the movie instead. That might sound sacreligeous but I feel it was the right choice as the movie was just fantastic. I think I can remember when I had that much energy!

Doesn't Pierce have a home on Kauai? And his wife is built like a woman should be built. IMHO

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, Pierce is a home owner on Kauai and a local in Hanalei. No comment about his wife.