• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton B'way Plantation Questions

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, Vistana Bella Section, BlueGreen Charleston,SC
I just purchased my first timeshare on ebay....the sheridan b'way plantation resort at myrtle beach,sc.......2 bed..2 bath...annual...plat season..wks 9-43 and week#47 floating weeks.....it cost me aprox $2,100...did i go good with the price??? all reviews on rci and tug and tripadvisor were positive....will this timeshare trade well??? i can join either rci or ii...affliated with both.....anybody have experience with this resort??? newbie here...hoping he did the right thing :) thanks andy

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Sure, you did fine. Congratulations!:)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Congratulations! Since this is a Starwood resort, I'm going to move your post to that board.

Most Starwood owners exchange with II because of the 3 day priority to exchange for other Starwood resorts. If you can travel off season and you check II online diligently, you can exchange into some of the top Starwood resorts and even get a larger unit than the one you own. These Starwood "sightings" are also posted on the TUG Sightings Baord, which you can access if you become a TUG member.

See the this article for more info. - Exchanging Starwood with II

Last edited:

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
You got a good price for your purchase. Sheraton Broadway Plantation is a very nice resort, in a good location at Myrtle Beach. Its rated the second best timeshare in Myrtle Beach, behind the Marriott at Grand Dunes area. My biggest drawback with the resort is its about 7 blocks from the beach.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
You did well

I own two weeks at SBP. They trade very well. I think $2100 includes closing costs, so you did very well.

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has the purchase closed yet and is the ownership transfer with Starwood completed? In other words, can you call Starwood now and and will they recognize you as the owner?

Aussiedog

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!

Great resort, great trader, great rental, great price. (I may be a bit biased as I also own there :D )

Ann

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
We own there, too, and I've seen it bring up better trades in II with an undeposited generic week than my WKV with a deposited spring week! We also like going there. That price is very low compared to other ones we've been tracking. Great job!

Last edited:

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has the purchase closed yet and is the ownership transfer with Starwood completed? In other words, can you call Starwood now and and will they recognize you as the owner?

not yet..........in the process of recording the deed.......ebayoutfit i bought it from..uses an indep legal closing firm.....all monies paid on ebay is in escrow right now with them..until deed is transferred.....closing costs were $399...can't wait to get the deed and book a week next year :whoopie:

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We own there, too, and I've seen it bring up better trades in II with an undeposited generic week than my WKV with a deposited spring week! We also like going there. That price is very low compared to other ones we've been tracking. Great job!

thank you very much...trying to learn as much as possible...what a battle I had on ebay trying to nail this one down....6 bidders and 48 total bids...somebody came in 2 1/2 minutes before the auction closed and raised the price $700...finally beat him out with $25 to spare.....:doh:

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Great resort, great trader, great rental, great price. (I may be a bit biased as I also own there :D )

Ann

Thanks Ann...cute puppy there.......andy

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You got a good price for your purchase. Sheraton Broadway Plantation is a very nice resort, in a good location at Myrtle Beach. Its rated the second best timeshare in Myrtle Beach, behind the Marriott at Grand Dunes area. My biggest drawback with the resort is its about 7 blocks from the beach.

at first the distance from the beach put me off...but then when I discovered all the pools on prem..and the nearby attractions....and all the resort reviews did not mind the distance from the beach...because the resort was great...decided to make a go of it on ebay..............thanks for your input...appreciate it...andy

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own two weeks at SBP. They trade very well. I think $2100 includes closing costs, so you did very well.

not quite...closing costs are $399 additional....well worth it....indep timeshare closing firm handling monies and deed...more of a comfort level for me..dealing with ebay.........thanks for the input

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congratulations! Since this is a Starwood resort, I'm going to move your post to that board.

Most Starwood owners exchange with II because of the 3 day priority to exchange for other Starwood resorts. If you can travel off season and you check II online diligently, you can exchange into some of the top Starwood resorts and even get a larger unit than the one you own. These Starwood "sightings" are also posted on the TUG Sightings Baord, which you can access if you become a TUG member.

See the this article for more info. - Exchanging Starwood with II

Denise..thanks for the help....getting a real education in here..and i am a paid in full member of Tug...........andy

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is a great price! Congrats. I hope the closing goes quickly and you can start making plans! Katherine

njzees

Reaction score
SBP questions for Andy / Users

Glad to hear that someone else got a great deal. We just bought an identical, Platinum, 2BR lockout at Sheraton Broadway Plantation for $1300 on eBay. Can you tell me how easy it was to close, reserve a desireable week, and/or trade into a desireable II week? The only worry that we have is the actual trading power of this property.:)
We're looking forward to getting started as we've gone on numerous promo visits, some good, most not so good.
Any tips would be appreciated!

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
not yet..........in the process of recording the deed.......ebayoutfit i bought it from..uses an indep legal closing firm.....all monies paid on ebay is in escrow right now with them..until deed is transferred.....closing costs were $399...can't wait to get the deed and book a week next year :whoopie:

If the seller is an individual, I would ask to get verification of the ownership (see if you can get a copy of the deed).

If you purchased from a brokerage on e-bay, ask them to provide you with a completed Estoppel to show you that the seller has what you are looking for.

I get nervous for e-bay buyers. While it is not the norm, there are horror stories.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can you tell me how easy it was to close, reserve a desireable week, and/or trade into a desireable II week? The only worry that we have is the actual trading power of this property.:)

There is an article about Starwood Exchanges through II in Owner Resources at the top of the forum, that will be helpful to you to read. It is listed under the "Exchanging" heading

You can see owner's postings of the actual exchange power of their Starwood Timeshares with II, on the TUG Sightings Board. But you have to be a TUG member to access this board. Click here to JOIN TUG.

BTW - there is an option to use Paypal to join TUG, but it requires a human being at TUG to process it, so it's the slowest method, so use one of the other methods of payment for faster access.

Once you join, you will receive a special members password that you have to add to your profile, in order to be recognized as a member. PM me if you need help.

Last edited:

chalucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Robert

It was a few of my posts in the link you provided beating the "proverbial dead
horse"...can you share your experience so far? Did you try to book your deeded week? Did you then deposit it? Do tell all (or as much as you can).

Thanks Charles

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Hi Robert

It was a few of my posts in the link you provided beating the "proverbial dead
horse"...can you share your experience so far? Did you try to book your deeded week? Did you then deposit it? Do tell all (or as much as you can).

Thanks Charles

We own a deeded week 32 (early August) at SBP. We bought in July 2008, and while escrow was pending, the seller was good enough to reserve us a week 32 for 2009 which transferred to us in escrow. The ability to reserve more than 12 months in advance (and thereby avoid the 6:00 a.m. telephone call) is very useful.

When I went to deposit the week at Interval, I got the usual run-around claiming that Starwood controls the week to be deposited. I persevered and talked to a supervisor who suggested that he "check his inventory" to see if he could match me up with a previously deposited week 32; he was able to do so. So I got my week 32 deposited and Starwood maintained its fiction that it can do what it wants.

I already have a week 32 reserved for 2010; I will run this same drill next summer.