• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Reservation Confirmation concern

abcmanzer

TUG Member
Reaction score
As posted on another thread, we have just made our first reservation at our home resort - Harborside - for next summer. My concern is that we didn't receive a confirmation e-mail as the rep said I would.

The first rep I talked to on the day I made the reservation, actually said that we should receive 2 e-mails: one for a reservation starting 6/19/09 which we cancelled in the same phone call to replace with the week starting 6/21/09. I called the next day to see why I hadn't recevied the e-mails, thinking it may take more than a day to send, but when this rep sent it, he stayed on the phone with me, saying that I should receive it immediately. I didn't. He had to send it to his own address at Starwood, and then send me a copy via his address. I then received the confirmation, but I am sure this is not how the process is supposed to work. He confirmed my e-mail address was correct as they do in EVERY phone call :zzz: so I don't think that is the issue.

Is this a common occurrence? We receive other Starwood SPAM, so I know it's not a total disconnect between us. Will I receive a confirmation via mail, besides the e-mail anyway? I tried to confirm the reservation via the website, but didn't see a way to do this. I am guessing this capability is not available. :rolleyes: Surprise, surprise.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Starwood's email reservation system sucks!

Our comcast email never recieved any of the reservation confirmations. Once we started using a yahoo email address, we started recieving the confirmation emails.

Ågent99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you provide mulitple emails for them to send confirmations? Try Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo!, etc.

Is the email address you are using a company email or a personal email? Using company email, SPAM filters can block stuff. You may have received SW Spam in the past but your company's filters may now be blocking it. Personal email accounts may be doing the same thing, too.

I used my company email when I made my reservations yesterday and I actually received two emails and two duplicates very quickly. I made two separate reservations so I expected at least two emails but got four instead.

abcmanzer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Starwood's email reservation system sucks!

Our comcast email never recieved any of the reservation confirmations. Once we started using a yahoo email address, we started recieving the confirmation emails.

How did you receive your confirmations when you weren't getting them through Comcast?

abcmanzer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the email address you are using a company email or a personal email? Using company email, SPAM filters can block stuff. You may have received SW Spam in the past but your company's filters may now be blocking it. Personal email accounts may be doing the same thing, too.

I received Starwood SPAM on the same day I was expecting the confirmation, so any filter I may have is not blocking Starwood as a whole. I actually don't have a filter at all on the Outlook program I am using. SPAM just gets labeld as "BULK." If I used Verizon's online program to read my e-mail then it would get diverted into a different folder.

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
Can you provide mulitple emails for them to send confirmations? Try Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo!, etc.

I used my company email when I made my reservations yesterday and I actually received two emails and two duplicates very quickly. I made two separate reservations so I expected at least two emails but got four instead.

I receive all of Starwood promotional stuff, my starpoints balance, etc via e-mail. But for some reason Starwood cannot send a reservation confirmation to me. Trust me I've tried. I've used Yahoo and I don't always get them. So, now, I request them via snail mail.

What really annoys me that this is an ongoing problem but the reps act like it never happens. I think, they need to better train their reps because it happens all the time. One supervisor got me a confirmation I needed because I was renting out the unit and the renter wanted to see his name on something. And, I had been waiting weeks for a confirmation. Anyways... the supervisor had to e-mail to a different server (so she claims) and I got it that way. Anyways.... very annoying...

Marriott does not have this problem I get when instantly from making my reservation.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never get any confirmations at my home RoadRunner address. I ask the rep to resend the confirmation to a gmail address that I have and that seems to always work. I don't know what the problem is, but it happens to me every time!

You can sign up for a free gmail or yahoo address then call the reservation number and ask the rep to resend the confirmation there.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
How did you receive your confirmations when you weren't getting them through Comcast?

Comcast was blocking the email on thier end. The emails never made it through to my outlook program. They have filters on thier system, that apparently was catching the reservations.

Sign-up for a free web email address and see if that works better.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
SVN has recently changed the content of the confirmation because they were often getting filtered. This may help get the confirmations to come through.

Yes, SVN reservation and linked database system are less than optimal.