• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where is Dharmesh Patel, aka svacationman, aka ttimershareman???

jgtragesser

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where is Dharmesh Patel, aka svacationman, aka ttimershareman???

I purchased a Vistana Beach Club week on eBay February 4, 2008... Dhamesh Patel (svacationmam, ttimeshareman) charged me $1200 for the 2008 maintenance fee which he has not paid :mad: ... he does not respond to telephone nor to email contact...

Joe Tragesser

JamminJoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village at Parkway, Week 52, RCI Points
Grandview at Las Vegas, Week 11
Hi, I Purchased from him 2-years ago, all went without a hitch. I have read some who have had issues with him so I consider myself lucky. All funds were held in escrow until the completion of the sale, including maintenance fees, I hope you did the same. There are threads regarding him on TUG, do a search and hopefully you can get alternative ways of contacting him.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I saw he was no longer an eBay user. That is a concern. :( I hope his closing company is still taking care of his sales.

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Patel is/was an employee of the triad of companies that are doing business under one owner's umbrella. I suggest that you try calling Sarah Turner at 1-800-579-7005 or email sarah@timeshare-freedom.com. Give her a chance to deal with it if that fails, then move up to Darren Gibson at
dgibsons430@hotmail.com

I haven't used those contacts for some time but I can say that last week, they finally got a Sheraton PGA transferred out of my name at the HOA (and apparently paid the outstanding MF) that they mistakenly transferred into my name. So they are still doing business.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Patel is/was an employee of the triad of companies that are doing business under one owner's umbrella. I suggest that you try calling Sarah Turner at 1-800-579-7005 or email sarah@timeshare-freedom.com. Give her a chance to deal with it if that fails, then move up to Darren Gibson at
dgibsons430@hotmail.com

I haven't used those contacts for some time but I can say that last week, they finally got a Sheraton PGA transferred out of my name at the HOA (and apparently paid the outstanding MF) that they mistakenly transferred into my name. So they are still doing business.

What is the name of the umbrella company? How do they function? Which company is the head of the triad?

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Company that obtains the ts (the pcc) is Time No More Inc.
Company that disposes the ts is Resorts Access Network (D. Patel is an employee).
Company that handles the closing, Timeshare-Freedom.

I didn't research sufficiently to determine how the reporting works as once I had my complaint resolved, it was no longer necessary to research. Patel and others report to Sarah, she reports to Darren. Frankly, despite all the issues I experienced with them, I found them better to deal with than Starwood. To this day, almost 2 years after they transferred the PGA into my name in error, Starwood has never explained how an HOA can do that without a contract, signature, etc.

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Buyer signatures are not required on Florida deeds..

Don't blame the developer for the error. Buyer signatures are not required on Florida deeds. If a deed was recorded into your name, and the seller submitted the ownership change form- the resort would have made the ownership change..

Your issue was with the seller- not the resort!

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't blame the developer for the error. Buyer signatures are not required on Florida deeds. If a deed was recorded into your name, and the seller submitted the ownership change form- the resort would have made the ownership change..

Your issue was with the seller- not the resort!

Would that not mean that anyone wanting to get out of their Florida timeshare only needs to transfer it to any random person?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Would that not mean that anyone wanting to get out of their Florida timeshare only needs to transfer it to any random person?

You had better have a contract with that person, saying they accept the resort. That is the difference. The resort will always come back at you, if you haven't followed the procedure of contract and transfer. And the signed contract by the buyer better be notarized, too.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Florida deeds

That also seems kinda hokee to me, so if I live in Florida and my house is going into foreclosure, I could just deed it to John Smith and I'm in the clear.
Maybe that is only for free and clear property, but still. Gee I have a $1,000
maintenance fee bill, I think I will just transfer it to someone and forget about it. Has to be a safety net somewhere.

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think an attorney would be best at responding to this issue! Hopefully some of the legal minds that frequent this forum can provide some clarification..

I truly don't know how the resort would respond to an issue such as this.
They have to hold someone responsible for annual assessments and the deeded owner of record would be the most likely candidate..

There is a precedent that allows the HOA or developer to decline ownership if an owner tries to quit claim the interval back to the resort without prior acceptance- but they would obviously catch this before the ownership transfer is completed in their records.

In the case of someone deeding to another without their knowledge or acceptance- I would assume that civil litigation would be the most likely remedy...

glenn1000

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think an attorney would be best at responding to this issue! Hopefully some of the legal minds that frequent this forum can provide some clarification.....

Not sure that a $1200 question is worth the amount you'd pay for legal fees. I recently purchased a week from this reseller and had issues that took time to clear up but in the end were taken care of. I'd deal with the people at Timeshare Freedom mentioned earlier in the thread. Your resale contract must have covered the MF so I imagine that you'll be taken care of, though if it's anything like my experience it might take time.

dr.debs

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased from D. Patel a SDO platinum week 5/29/08. I have had email communication with him regarding my purchase, and the lack of communication from timeshare freedom. He is outside of the US, I don't know where. There was a problem with the Deed of the prior owner before D. Patel, and timeshare freedom has become more responsive since the deed issue has arisen. Timeshare freedom has refused to make a reservation for me until 90 days have passed since purchase (even though I paid for 2008 MF's). I have not been provided with proof of payment of the 2008 MF's as yet. I have filed an ebay complaint, and since I filed it, timeshare freedom has become more responsive (cause and effect relationship unknown).

I am annoyed and if there are more significant delays, I am considering asking for a refund of closing costs, and MF's.

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased from D. Patel a SDO platinum week 5/29/08. I have had email communication with him regarding my purchase, and the lack of communication from timeshare freedom. He is outside of the US, I don't know where. There was a problem with the Deed of the prior owner before D. Patel, and timeshare freedom has become more responsive since the deed issue has arisen. Timeshare freedom has refused to make a reservation for me until 90 days have passed since purchase (even though I paid for 2008 MF's). I have not been provided with proof of payment of the 2008 MF's as yet. I have filed an ebay complaint, and since I filed it, timeshare freedom has become more responsive (cause and effect relationship unknown).

I am annoyed and if there are more significant delays, I am considering asking for a refund of closing costs, and MF's.

Have you tried moving it above timeshare-freedom? If you haven't been in direct contact with Sarah, I would first try her but Darren runs the whole thing (I think). I found them very responsive when I gave them a copy of a complaint I was going to file in Florida. Turns out that almost all eBay resellers are developers under Florida State law and that puts them under a very different set of rules.

tcornel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Patel

I understand Dharmesh is no longer affiliated with Resorts Access Network.

My experience with them is they do the right thing. Call or email Sarah Turner.

Tom

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dharmesh no longer being associated with R.A.N. is not necessarily a bad thing. He seemed to only be the front man for the listings and was never involved in a solution for me. In fact, when I had the nerve to complain that he ignored my contract for a VV and registered a Sheraton PGA in error, he blocked me from further bidding on his eBay listings!

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Possible reason for waiting until 90 days have passed....

There was a problem with the Deed of the prior owner before D. Patel, and timeshare freedom has become more responsive since the deed issue has arisen. Timeshare freedom has refused to make a reservation for me until 90 days have passed since purchase (even though I paid for 2008 MF's). I have not been provided with proof of payment of the 2008 MF's as yet.

That timeframe could be in place as many credit card providers only allow disputes to be places for a period of 90 days after the initial purchase. If you made payment on a credit card- that is probably the reason!

There is another similar thread about a buyer having major problems with one of these Timeshare Relief type companies selling on eBay- and it looks like the same type of tactics and timeframe may apply there as well.

dr.debs

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you tried moving it above timeshare-freedom? If you haven't been in direct contact with Sarah, I would first try her but Darren runs the whole thing (I think). I found them very responsive when I gave them a copy of a complaint I was going to file in Florida. Turns out that almost all eBay resellers are developers under Florida State law and that puts them under a very different set of rules.

I placed a call to Sarah as you suggested. They responded immediately and said they would have the problem fixed in 7-10 days!:clap:

Thanks!

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
I placed a call to Sarah as you suggested. They responded immediately and said they would have the problem fixed in 7-10 days!:clap:

Thanks!

I have found Sarah and Darren to be real problem solvers. It's too bad that those below them don't seem to share the same philosophy or aren't empowered. Libel laws prevent me from sharing my opinion of Patel.

Jim C

TUG Member
Reaction score
What libel laws?

I have found Sarah and Darren to be real problem solvers. It's too bad that those below them don't seem to share the same philosophy or aren't empowered. Libel laws prevent me from sharing my opinion of Patel.

Are you serious? Libel laws pertain to libelous statements-untrue, malicious, etc. They don't apply to truthful statements.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Mr. Vacationman Was On The Deed Before He Sold To Us.

Where is Dharmesh Patel, aka svacationman, aka ttimershareman?
Our 1 & only transaction involving svacationman was a totally satisfactory eBay purchase in 2003, notable mainly in that the eBay seller goofed up the auction information by using a non-matching title & description. That is, the eBay item title indicated the timeshare that we wanted to buy & the eBay pictures & reading material indicated a completely different timeshare a mile or so down the highway. That may well have discouraged people from bidding & might have helped keep the bid amounts low, I don't know.

After cursory research, we decided we'd be happy with either timeshare -- at our price -- so we (manually) sniped in a winning bid during the closing seconds of the e-auction. The deal went through without delay, ditto the title transfer, & the rest is history.

Another semi-notable factoid about that transaction is that the official owner of record before us, according to the deed, was svacationman. You can look it up via Internet at the county registrar's records search web site.

That means that before selling the timeshare to us via eBay, Mr. Vacationman put himself on the hook as the official owner, so he was responsible for paying the maintenance fees in case the due date for those had rolled round before he was able to flip the deed to us or somebody else. His name as it appears on the deed is svacationman, not any of the aliases mentioned in this discussion topic.

Those same on-line county deeds show that Mr. Vacationman bought the timeshare for $100 from the prior owner. I don't know what was up with that. I sure hope it wasn't anything shady.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Last edited:

Dave H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rich:
Just saw this post. You are 100% correct, buyers do not sign on the Florida Deeds as well as many other states. In Florida the has to have certain elements:

1. Competency and capacity of the Grantor and Grantee to give and receive title.
2. Recitation of Consideration, however specific consideration does not have to be shown. (may change in the future here)
3. Adequate legal description
4. Granting Language
5. Execution by grantor in the presence of 2 subscribing witnesses
6. Delivery and acceptance

The one thing they leave off is that it has to be notarized to be recorded.

This is straight out of the 7th edition of the Florida Title Insurance Manual.

The problem with the op comment os just sign a deed is you lack proper delivery and acceptance. Even though you dliver the deed to me, I have the right NOT to accept it.

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rich:
Just saw this post. You are 100% correct, buyers do not sign on the Florida Deeds as well as many other states. In Florida the has to have certain elements:

1. Competency and capacity of the Grantor and Grantee to give and receive title.
2. Recitation of Consideration, however specific consideration does not have to be shown. (may change in the future here)
4. Granting Language

The problem with the op comment os just sign a deed is you lack proper delivery and acceptance. Even though you dliver the deed to me, I have the right NOT to accept it.

That was the issue I faced with Sheraton PGA HOA. Although I advised them immediately of an error, they continued to hound me for MF. It took 2 trips to our lawyer to resolve the matter.

Although in many cases, Patel's name was used for deeding purposes rather than RAN, he was still just an employee and not empowered to resolve errors. In all cases that I know of, mistakes were fixed by timeshare-freedom or if necessary the officers (Sarah, Darren, et al) of one of the 3 companies.

Alan, as far as I know, $100 was used for the value of consideration for every deal, no matter what the sale price was. Nothing shady, unless of course you consider the practices of a PCC to be shady. In fact, when the ts is transferred to Patel, the owner has already paid Time No More Inc. to take the timeshare (negative consideration?) TNMI likely uses a power of attorney to transfer the ownership from the original owner to either Patel or RAN without the ownership ever appearing in the name of TNMI - thus keeping the original owner on the hook for MF. In most cases, transfer occurs just before eBay listing and/or sale so that RAN keeps TNMI's promise that it doesn't sell timeshares. If you go back to their earlier eBay listings, they used to claim that Timeshare-Freedom provided lawyer review. I believe that I played a small part in removing that claim when in the complaint that I was going to register with Florida and Georgia, I questioned the competency of any lawyer that could allow a contract for VV and a transfer of deed to PGA to go through.

Last edited:

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rich:

4. Granting Language

The reason they leave it off is that in order to convey title, it is NOT required that a deed to notarized (i.e. Acknowledged) and recorded.

This is one of the trick questions of the Florida Real Estate exam. What is required is that "Notice" be given that title has been transferred. There are 2 ways to provide notice:

1) Constructive Notice is used when a deed is signed, notarized and recorded. This is the way nearly all title is transferred due to the need to lenders to have a record to determine chain of title.

However, there is a second way to provide Notice.

2) Actual Notice can be provided by going into the town square and yelling at the top of your voice that you have transferred title to the new owner. That's the way it used to be done before recording instruments and public records are created.

Therefore, it is actually not technically required that a deed be notarized and recorded in order to transfer title.