• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Heavenly Bed On Sale

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Westin Heavenly Bed is onsale at Nordstrom's.

During their Anniversary sale the mattress, box spring and all related bedding is 25% off.

This sale runs until August 3.

You can get the bedding online at www.nordstroms.com and earn points.

The beds themselves are ordered and delivered the same way as Westin At Home does it.

To order call any Nordstrom's that has a Home department.

Happy Sleeping!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Our friends who went to WSJ last year loved it so much they bought one after we got back - they still love it. They are pretty big people (relatively) and they bought a CA King size (wider, shorter an Reg. King). I can't recall what they paid (it was on-sale then - also at Noordstrom). As mattresses go - I think it is a good deal for the quality you get (again relatively).

Remember that it is not just the mattress that make a good bed, but also the sheets - along with good lovin' partner, ... ;) Well made sheets (cotton quality - high count) are well-worth it.

btw, Robin bought a Reg King size fitted sheets for our SVO trips - we hate how the flat sheets bunch up.

slomac

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Ridge Tahoe x2

Grand Pacific Palisades

Marriott Shadow Ridge

SDO

Kauai Beach Villas
I just bought the CA King ar Nordstroms, it was $1500 for the matress and boxspring. I love it!!!

How do you get the points, are they Nordstrom Points or SPG points?

Last edited:

califgal

Reaction score
Thanks for the info...we need a new mattress set and thinking about getting the Heavenly bed , good timing!

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just bought the CA King ar Nordstroms, it was $1500 for the matress and boxspring. I love it!!!

How do you get the points, are they Nordstrom Points or SPG points?

The points would be from whatever airline/hotel shopping website you can link to nordstroms.com from. (I know aadvantage shopping does) and for the bedding only. You can't buy the mattress and box spring online.

The price you paid appears to be the regular price. You should contact Nordstrom's customer service and ask for a credit of 25% if you bought yours within a reasonable period of time prior to the sale. They are pretty good about accomadating this.

Good Luck

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Westin Heavenly Bed is onsale at Nordstrom's.

During their Anniversary sale the mattress, box spring and all related bedding is 25% off.

This sale runs until August 3.

You can get the bedding online at www.nordstroms.com and earn points.

The beds themselves are ordered and delivered the same way as Westin At Home does it.

To order call any Nordstrom's that has a Home department.

Happy Sleeping!

By the way, the shipping from Nordstrom is $200. I believe that this is less than Westin charges

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think thats a good deal for the Westin bed. I was reading some online reveiws and some people complain of body impressions on pillow top mattresses.I never had a problem while sleeping at a Westin in fact I think there beds are great.I was wondering if anyone here expirenced a problem with body impressions (SAG) on these mattresses.

slomac

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Ridge Tahoe x2

Grand Pacific Palisades

Marriott Shadow Ridge

SDO

Kauai Beach Villas
The $1500 was the sale price byt it included delivery and take away of old bed. Let me know if this sounds right.

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
Our friends who went to WSJ last year loved it so much they bought one after we got back - they still love it. They are pretty big people (relatively) and they bought a CA King size (wider, shorter an Reg. King). I can't recall what they paid (it was on-sale then - also at Noordstrom). As mattresses go - I think it is a good deal for the quality you get (again relatively).

Remember that it is not just the mattress that make a good bed, but also the sheets - along with good lovin' partner, ... ;) Well made sheets (cotton quality - high count) are well-worth it.

btw, Robin bought a Reg King size fitted sheets for our SVO trips - we hate how the flat sheets bunch up.

That's funny..For our 2nd trip back to the Westin Kaanapali I brought a fitted King sheet because we had such a problem the previous year with the flat sheet coming untucked on the bottom. I tried to get housekeeping to bring me a bigger sheet and met other people by the pool with the same problem...This past May '08 in the North building the sheets were fine, but I had my fitted king with me just in case...:wave:

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
The $1500 was the sale price byt it included delivery and take away of old bed. Let me know if this sounds right.

I would check on the delivery price and take away

King (Cali or Regular) $1495.00 less 25% $1121.25
Delivery (quoted at $200) + Takeaway (quoted at $30) $230.00

Total $1351.25

Check your delivery and removal fees

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Has anyhere used a Westin Heavenly Bed long term in their home?

Hi Frank -

As I mentioned in a previous post - my friends bought a little over a year ago - and it has held up fine (they still love it).

califgal

Reaction score
Although it's nice to see the Heanvenly bed on sale, you might be surprised at the deals a mattress store will make for you in this slow economy. I went to a popular store today in the S. F. bay area and found one that I liked. The price was $3,300. After discussing my budget they agreed to hold the price of $1,800.00 through the weekend and free delivery and take away) so my husband can make a trip to the store.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
My conclusion is the mattress industry as decieving as used cars and timeshares.:D

I agree - I talked folks at SleepTrain way down (65% discount) - plus paid cash...
but... for the price the Heavenly Bed is good quality (I consider a 'fair' deal for a mattress set) - YMMV

califgal

Reaction score
I agree! I just finished looking at mattresses on line at Macy's and they are offering the same discounts as the mattress store. Hard to compare, the manufacuterers name the mattresses differently to protect the vendors, so you have to look at coil count etc.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
yes - they change the names on the mattresses so they can claim that ifyou find it for less they will give you some type of discount. problem is that they are the only ones who carry that particular name - scammers.

on FT there was a link to the W and Heavenly and the original makers - i recall the Heavenly being called something like The Continental - can't remember the Maker - but it was a one of the big brands - and about the same cost

coil count - type of coil - type of materials used, weight - etc.
our King-size weighs almost 400lbs (tough to move) - very solid, but also much more $ than what the Heavenly sales for.

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
I ended up with a King size Simmons beauty rest classic more equivalent to W Bed for a great price.The mattress that we have now is similar but queen sized .The queen is only 5 years old and still feels good so were moving it to the spare bedroom.This mission started with vacationing this summer, the queen felt small after staying in those kings. A big part of the comfort of the Westin beds is how they put the linens on it.Were going to emulate that but with some color.I forgot to ask the mattress salesguy if he sold timeshares on the weekend.:D .

califgal

Reaction score
i recall the Heavenly being called something like The Continental - can't remember the Maker - but it was a one of the big brands - and about the same cost

I'm fairly certain it's Simmons.
BTW Sleep Train is where i went.

steve1000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin: Mission Hills, Desert Willow, Riverfront Mtn Villas, Kierland, Flex
Marriott: Grande Ocean, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs
Hyatt: Beach House, Coconut Plantation, High Sierra Lodge,
Four Seasons: Aviara, Scottsdale.
Royal Haciendas
We have owned the W Bed from the W Hotels for 5 years and absolutely love it. In looking at the W Store website I noticed that it is on sale for 30% off through July 31. I don't know how it differs from the Heavenly Bed (both are great) but I slightly preferred the bedding at the W Hotels. I'm not sure if it was the mattress - it may have been the pillows. But whenever we travel we always look forward to returning to our comfortable bed at home.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I believe that the W bed has a bigger pillow-top, but under that it is the same. (there was a large thread on this on FT). I find the big pillow tops to be too soft for me. The W uses great sheets - that makes a big difference.

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe that the W bed has a bigger pillow-top, but under that it is the same. (there was a large thread on this on FT). I find the big pillow tops to be too soft for me. The W uses great sheets - that makes a big difference.

W bed gives you a choice of pillowtop or plush top.Check out Ross or Tj max they had 4 pc sheet sets 600 tc Egyptian cotton for 39 bucks :whoopie: King size

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the tips. I purchased 3 heavenly beds tonight at Nordstrom.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
OHhhh, you guys are making me want to trade out our 10 year old mattress too. Do I have to get the box spings too if they are still fine? Or can I just get the top part? Is that on sale alone or just the set?

Thanks!

Katherine