• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Traveler Episode 139 ...Resale or Retail... Club Wyndham Owner Update

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
I recently had an owner update with Club Wyndham. Since I am already a Worldmark owner, it made sense to see if having a complimentary ownership with Club Wyndham. While at the meeting, I decided to ask why I should buy retail instead of Buying resale (used). I wanted to hear his argument for Retail.

What I was told was that the tier benefits would make it worthwhile. Especially for me since I am a Worldmark owner already. So I put together this video after doing some research. And after doing the research, I felt it would be good to share it with you. Enjoy!!!

Map of all my timeshare reviews

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently had an owner update with Club Wyndham. Since I am already a Worldmark owner, it made sense to see if having a complimentary ownership with Club Wyndham. While at the meeting, I decided to ask why I should buy retail instead of Buying resale (used). I wanted to hear his argument for Retail.

What I was told was that the tier benefits would make it worthwhile. Especially for me since I am a Worldmark owner already. So I put together this video after doing some research. And after doing the research, I felt it would be good to share it with you. Enjoy!!!

Map of all my timeshare reviews
You mentioned in your video recap that resale would cost @$7,000 (with closing). I don't own resale, but based on previous posts on Tug, it was mentioned that many resales can be purchased at little or no cost; with the exception of resorts with very low maintenance fees. Maybe those who have purchased resale can provide some feedback on this.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
No need to spend $7k!

Tochoa on eBay has some good listings for points at resorts with low maintenance fees. Another seller has 895k at Panana Ciry Beach for $5k or best offer. The maintenance fees at PCB are low.

There's other eBay listings for CWA points and points at resorts with higher maintenance fees.

troy12n

Reaction score
If you are spending 7k on a resale, you are probably doing it wrong. The only reason to pay so much is if it's a big contract at a low MF resort like Canterbury, PCB, South Shore or Bali Hai or if you want to contribute to someone else making money.

The transfer and title/deed recording fees are at max $700. Everything above that is just "paying the person doing the paperwork". I see a lot of people charging exorbitant fees these days for resales. Keep in mind also, if you are buying CWA, there is no closing or title costs, JUST a $300 transfer fee. So if you see people charging more than $300 for a CWA contract, everything above that is going directly to them...

One seller, Tochoa25 which someone else here mentioned may offer very good customer service and reliability, but also his fees are high, AND he requires all of his buyers to commit to paying for 4 months of maintenance fees upfront. Which to me is absolutely ridiculous. It's a way to subsidize the seller... and i'm just not down for paying hundreds of dollars extra for something before you even have the ability to use it. The typical process is to only start paying for MF after the transfer has completed. He also has high "buy it now" prices generally.

That said, I just bought a ~250k or so National Harbor contract and ended up paying more in fees than the actual timeshare cost, but still, all in, was like $1500, not 7 grand, and I was happy for how it turned out

I was eyeing some of those PCB contracts and others too, but I just didn't need that many more points.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Bronze is 15%, not 10%

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you are spending 7k on a resale, you are probably doing it wrong. The only reason to pay so much is if it's a big contract at a low MF resort like Canterbury, PCB, South Shore or Bali Hai or if you want to contribute to someone else making money.

The transfer and title/deed recording fees are at max $700. Everything above that is just "paying the person doing the paperwork". I see a lot of people charging exorbitant fees these days for resales. Keep in mind also, if you are buying CWA, there is no closing or title costs, JUST a $300 transfer fee. So if you see people charging more than $300 for a CWA contract, everything above that is going directly to them...

One seller, Tochoa25 which someone else here mentioned may offer very good customer service and reliability, but also his fees are high, AND he requires all of his buyers to commit to paying for 4 months of maintenance fees upfront. Which to me is absolutely ridiculous. It's a way to subsidize the seller... and i'm just not down for paying hundreds of dollars extra for something before you even have the ability to use it. The typical process is to only start paying for MF after the transfer has completed. He also has high "buy it now" prices generally.

That said, I just bought a ~250k or so National Harbor contract and ended up paying more in fees than the actual timeshare cost, but still, all in, was like $1500, not 7 grand, and I was happy for how it turned out

I was eyeing some of those PCB contracts and others too, but I just didn't need that many more points.
I agree you can do less. Clearly, tuggers are experts... I was looking at the price on redweek and adding the $1K they mentioned. I also think the $40K is high. But the process is similar to help you decide what works for you. Club Wyndham is much lower than Hilton Resale.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Because I have Hilton and Marriott, Pic moves me to Gold
No your video has an error. VIP Bronze is 15% off at 60 days out. Check what you typed on your video.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
You mentioned in your video recap that resale would cost @$7,000 (with closing). I don't own resale, but based on previous posts on Tug, it was mentioned that many resales can be purchased at little or no cost; with the exception of resorts with very low maintenance fees. Maybe those who have purchased resale can provide some feedback on this.
I recently purchased 252,000 Bonnet Creek points for $750 including all closing costs, and 210,000 Bali Hai even year points for $1,000 including all closing costs. If you are paying $7k for a resale contract you are doing it wrong. It wasn’t particularly hard, you just need to keep an eye on ebay. It’s certainly doesn’t require any specialized knowledge or expertise.

CWA points on ebay can generally be purchased for very little.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
Resale is cheap. Generally about a half cent per point or less, including closing and transfer costs. Up to about 1 cent per point for high demand resorts/low MF resorts in some cases (avoid bidding wars! be patient. Eventually you'll get a contract that hasn't gotten a lot of attention.) I've gotten them anywhere between free to about .8 cents per point for a small high demand resort so I could have ARP during the prime season. Overall mine average about .6 cents per point for resale and that includes a couple contracts with low MFs and the high demand resort.