• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sticky - Official 2023 Maintenance Fee Thread

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
apologies in advance but this Wyndham site is making me nuts…

from what I have read here on tug I understand why I don’t want to contribute to ARDA-

what I don’t understand is where you guys are seeing this donation amount?

All i see are these categories - what am I missing or am I looking in the wrong place…
Previous BalancePaymentsCreditsLate FeeOther Charges*Total Due

stevenh21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Flagstaff, Wyndham Fairfield Plantation, Harbortown Point(Ventura, CA)
apologies in advance but this Wyndham site is making me nuts…

from what I have read here on tug I understand why I don’t want to contribute to ARDA-

what I don’t understand is where you guys are seeing this donation amount?

All i see are these categories - what am I missing or am I looking in the wrong place…
Previous BalancePaymentsCreditsLate FeeOther Charges*Total Due
Post #68 in this thread explains the process in Paymentus. My ARDA $10 was listed as a separate statement. I haven’t checked if it was removed as others have posted.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Post #68 in this thread explains the process in Paymentus. My ARDA $10 was listed as a separate statement. I haven’t checked if it was removed as others have posted.

ok so are you saying if I don’t have that 1900 statement than it’s a non issue?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
ok so are you saying if I don’t have that 1900 statement than it’s a non issue?
The 1900 statement (with the annual assessment summary) is separate from the ARDA statement. For me, the ARDA amount appears on the main landing page as soon as I log into Paymentus, at the bottom. It also appears under Bill History at the bottom. However, you really don't have to worry about the ARDA statement unless you actually want to pay it, since it's optional.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
The 1900 statement (with the annual assessment summary) is separate from the ARDA statement. For me, the ARDA amount appears on the main landing page as soon as I log into Paymentus, at the bottom. It also appears under Bill History at the bottom. However, you really don't have to worry about the ARDA statement unless you actually want to pay it, since it's optional.
thats the thing i am trying to figure out how this all works. I have some sort of mystery $14.58 charge that no matter what I have thrown at the bill it does not go away…

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
thats the thing i am trying to figure out how this all works. I have some sort of mystery $14.58 charge that no matter what I have thrown at the bill it does not go away…
On the initial landing page, my main maintenance fee payment/owner account shows a nonsensical amount due (currently $22.01), seemingly unrelated to my actual monthly payment. I ignore it. Every month the correct amount comes out, and I get an email telling me so (and is notated on my payment history).

altiste1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge
Marriott Phuket Beach Club
Wyndham Bali Hai
A better breakdown for the UDI points would be this summary from the association:

Operating 1.93
Reserves .68
Condo Dues 1.59

Total 4.20
Circling back to this, I'm looking at an eBay listing for 350k Bali Hai points, and seller (tochoa) insists that the following has been vetted by Wyndham and is correct (but has not provided an estoppel):

Amount​
$/1,000​
Maintenance Fee​
$1,078.92​
$3.08​
Reserves​
$304.56​
$0.87​
Taxes​
$119.40​
$0.34​
Local tax​
$39.84​
$0.11​
Total​
$1,787.72​
$4.41​

Club dues of $245 ($.70) bring the total to $5.11.

Can anyone confirm/explain the discrepancy?

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
Circling back to this, I'm looking at an eBay listing for 350k Bali Hai points, and seller (tochoa) insists that the following has been vetted by Wyndham and is correct (but has not provided an estoppel):

Amount​
$/1,000​
Maintenance Fee​
$1,078.92​
$3.08​
Reserves​
$304.56​
$0.87​
Taxes​
$119.40​
$0.34​
Local tax​
$39.84​
$0.11​
Total​
$1,787.72​
$4.41​

Lol, I was eyeing that ebay listing too.

troy12n

Reaction score
Be careful with that seller (tochoa), he has completely unrealistic expectations and isn't super transparent.

I've contacted him about some timeshares he has tried to sell in the past, and he has high transfer fees and closing costs and expects you to start paying maintenance fees IMMEDIATELY, not after the transfer occurs, immediately after the auction ends...

You will find that a lot of his listings have been on there for weeks or months because of this, i've contacted him about his ridiculous policies and his response is "i've been selling timeshares for 20 years"... well good luck to you

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tochoa is a respected dealer so I would not let a minor variance from a UDI contract dissuade you. A variance of .21 cents on a 350K contract is only $73 on an annual basis and the rate is one of the lowest in the Wyndham system.

troy12n

Reaction score
Tochoa is a respected dealer so I would not let a minor variance from a UDI contract dissuade you. A variance of .21 cents on a 350K contract is only $73 on an annual basis and the rate is one of the lowest in the Wyndham system.

He may be respected (by whom?) but that doesn't change the fact that some of his auction policies are complete garbage...
$350 "closing cost"... sure, profit padding if you are ok funding their home business

Paying maintenance fees from, in some cases backdated to the first of February when the auction closes the third week of the month and then every month until it transfers to you?
Ridiculous.

I've been tracking some of his auctions, this Bali Hai one might sell, but some of his others have been going for months. He had a midtown 45 one that has been listed, relisted and re-listed 3-4 more times, price dropped several times because no takers. With a buy it now that was reasonable, but the MF shenanigans probably scare a lot of buyers away.

Guarantee you those $350 closing costs goes straight to him re-listing these auctions. There's other deals out there. Just make sure you read the fine print.

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham South Shore, Wyndham Bali Hai, Wyndham Shearwater, Worldmark, Regal Vistas at Massanutten, Marriott Grand Chateau
He may be respected (by whom?) but that doesn't change the fact that some of his auction policies are complete garbage...
$350 "closing cost"... sure, profit padding if you are ok funding their home business

Paying maintenance fees from, in some cases backdated to the first of February when the auction closes the third week of the month and then every month until it transfers to you?
Ridiculous.

I've been tracking some of his auctions, this Bali Hai one might sell, but some of his others have been going for months. He had a midtown 45 one that has been listed, relisted and re-listed 3-4 more times, price dropped several times because no takers. With a buy it now that was reasonable, but the MF shenanigans probably scare a lot of buyers away.

Guarantee you those $350 closing costs goes straight to him re-listing these auctions. There's other deals out there. Just make sure you read the fine print.

I’ve got to wonder who lists their timeshares with him, he certainly doesn’t seem like he’s in any rush to sell them

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Tochoa overprices listings but is trustworthy. I bought Marriott from them when they actually priced it at market value. I wouldnt buy Wyndham from them though because they overprice it way too much. I think they're just out of touch with the current values.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score

Amount​
$/1,000​
Maintenance Fee​
$1,078.92​
$3.08​
Reserves​
$304.56​
$0.87​
Taxes​
$119.40​
$0.34​
Local tax​
$39.84​
$0.11​
Total​
$1,787.72​
$4.41​

Under the Details, contract size you’ll see Wyndham FWC Points.
I assume FWC stands for Fixed Week Converted.
That’s why the MFs look off.
Tochoa is an excellent seller for a 1st time buyer. Pay a little more but you’ll have peace of mind doing business with him

troy12n

Reaction score
Tochoa is an excellent seller for a 1st time buyer. Pay a little more but you’ll have peace of mind doing business with him

And for that peace of mind you will be overpaying for the property, and paying 4-5 months of maintenance fees on points you may or may not get this use year... as long as you are ok with that, knock yourself out... I will defer to those who have purchased from him that he's reputable. I have nothing to indicate otherwise, just his policy of requiring people to prepay MF is just bonkers to me

altiste1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge
Marriott Phuket Beach Club
Wyndham Bali Hai
Tochoa overprices listings but is trustworthy. I bought Marriott from them when they actually priced it at market value. I wouldnt buy Wyndham from them though because they overprice it way too much. I think they're just out of touch with the current values.
Certainly when considering all the fees he charges on top, I’d agree it’s overpriced. But this raises the question of what current values are. I get the sense that prices are up generally. I’m seeing asking prices in the range of $10/1,000 for the lowest-MF contracts (Canterbury, Bali Hai, South Shore) everywhere I look. See, e.g., the Bali Hai listing in the TUG marketplace of a 500k contract for $5k. For medium to larger size contracts, when accounting for the fees, tochoa is only $1-$2/1,000 above that range. If ~$10/1,000 is really the market range today, he doesn’t seem that far off.

That said, I wouldn’t bid on any of his current listings.

Hiram357

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Steamboat Springs; CWA (small)
Reporting for Steamboat Springs since I don't see 2023 data in the spreadsheet. I own 1,369,000 points, and the Maintenance is set at $5914.08 (maintenance) plus 1081.56 (reserve fund), so $6,995.64 annually = $5.11/thousand points. Property taxes are $191.64 for 2023, and the Program fee is $0.70/thousand points, or $958.30.

AtlasRse

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
Old Town Alexandria
Reporting for Steamboat Springs since I don't see 2023 data in the spreadsheet. I own 1,369,000 points, and the Maintenance is set at $5914.08 (maintenance) plus 1081.56 (reserve fund), so $6,995.64 annually = $5.11/thousand points. Property taxes are $191.64 for 2023, and the Program fee is $0.70/thousand points, or $958.30.
I've ADDED the $5.11 for 2023 into the S/S.
Thanks for the info

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

Ridiculous.

So, what guarantees the MF the buyer pays goes to Wyndham? Does the the seller just stop paying MF when he tells them it is sold?

ddavid1073

TUG Member
Reaction score
Below is the maintenance for my 3 contract. I included Maintenance, Reserve Fund, Property and Local Taxes (if there were any). Some of the Maint. Fees I calculated dont make sense when I compare them to previous years maintenance fees on the historical spreadsheet. I'm also attaching "Club Wyndham Assessment Information" mailing in case I'm doing this wrong someone can help me with what I should be doing.

Wyndham Kona - $6.60
Bonnet Creek - $5.49
Wyndham Nashville - $9.53

1684182073642.png

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Below is the maintenance for my 3 contract. I included Maintenance, Reserve Fund, Property and Local Taxes (if there were any). Some of the Maint. Fees I calculated dont make sense when I compare them to previous years maintenance fees on the historical spreadsheet. I'm also attaching "Club Wyndham Assessment Information" mailing in case I'm doing this wrong someone can help me with what I should be doing.

Wyndham Kona - $6.60
Bonnet Creek - $5.49
Wyndham Nashville - $9.53

View attachment 76671
I think with Bonnet Creek you just missed the reserve fund.

BVdog

Reaction score
Certainly when considering all the fees he charges on top, I’d agree it’s overpriced. But this raises the question of what current values are. I get the sense that prices are up generally. I’m seeing asking prices in the range of $10/1,000 for the lowest-MF contracts (Canterbury, Bali Hai, South Shore) everywhere I look. See, e.g., the Bali Hai listing in the TUG marketplace of a 500k contract for $5k. For medium to larger size contracts, when accounting for the fees, tochoa is only $1-$2/1,000 above that range. If ~$10/1,000 is really the market range today, he doesn’t seem that far off.

That said, I wouldn’t bid on any of his current listings.
Well while investigating the seller described above on ebay .. try doing a little background search on ebay sold items and look at the bidding . You will find lots of bidding with zero history than when it was sold it was relisted a few days later. This can be called Shill bidding my many experienced ebay buyers. Or in simpler terms “buyer beware”

My3kids1989

TUG Member
Reaction score
The MF aren’t posted on their website somewhere? Maybe I just can’t find them. I thought about a year ago I could see how much each resorts charged per 1000 points. I have been looking into resale for over a year, I owned DVC resale, and now am finally ready to do something with Wyndham but want to make sure I don’t buy something with really high MF. And if I’m reading things right, Access looks like it has higher MF but not property taxes?