• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Capital Resorts acquires Silver Lake Resort in Florida

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Bui

Building 500 has an elevator and is in the older section. The high rise is part of the old section. Silver Points is newer and farther back in the resort.
Thanks for the clarification! Since we’ve never booked a Silver Points exchange, I wasn’t sure.

Is the Silver Points section the buildings near the tennis courts and quiet pool, along the entrance from Sherberth Rd., or behind the high rise that overlooks the feature pool at the main building?

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification! Since we’ve never booked a Silver Points exchange, I wasn’t sure.

Is the Silver Points section the buildings near the tennis courts and quiet pool, along the entrance from Sherberth Rd., or behind the high rise that overlooks the feature pool at the main building?
Sorry but I have not been there in years even though I own there. I don't recall the actual layout.

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
Well interestingly, they may have gotten a lot cheaper to own. I have not heard anything about my 2023 MF's from the resort and have gone to the owners' section on the website several times to pay but I show a $0 balance. Today I can't even get to the Owners' Login site - seems to be down/not responding. I guess Capital Resorts is so flush with money that they don't need the MF's.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well interestingly, they may have gotten a lot cheaper to own. I have not heard anything about my 2023 MF's from the resort and have gone to the owners' section on the website several times to pay but I show a $0 balance. Today I can't even get to the Owners' Login site - seems to be down/not responding. I guess Capital Resorts is so flush with money that they don't need the MF's.
I am in the same boat. However I just received an e-mail from Capital regarding Silver Lake that was basically a sob story about how so many owners are abandoning that maintenance fees have to rise, cutbacks have to be made or a special assessment needs to be levied. The last part of the e-mail was consumed with their platitudes on how they are making 110% effort to right the ship and they want to offer us a special visit to listen to their travel club. I wonder how people who have reservations for tomorrow are being allowed to use their week if fees aren't paid! I have not gained much trust in the situation. Since I was signed up for auto pay I did not become concerned until I read your message.

Last edited:

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
I am in the same boat. However I just received an e-mail from Capital regarding Silver Lake that was basically a sob story about how so many owners are abandoning that maintenance fees have to rise, cutbacks have to be made or a special assessment needs to be levied. The last part of the e-mail was consumed with their platitudes on how they are making 110% effort to right the ship and they want to offer us a special visit to listen to their travel club. I wonder how people who have reservations for tomorrow are being allowed to use their week if fees aren't paid! I have not gained much trust in the situation. Since I was signed up for auto pay I did not become concerned until I read your message.
Interestingly, I got the same email. Forwarded it back to the general email address for the resort indicating that I would be happy to pay if they would only tell me how much and post it the owner portal. Interestingly enough, the owner portal was down all weekend (as a result perhaps?)

ETA: Just checked and the portal is still down. No response yet to my email.

Badcop

Reaction score
So I have been considering purchasing a unit (resale from an existing owner here), but I was unaware of the ownership change, so this thread is definitely giving me some concerns.
However, I am also interested in the RCI points for this unit... which I can't seem to find. The owner claims this is a floating week unit that can be used anytime of the year, 2 bedroom, of course the RCI point chart I have found gives points out by weeks and number of beds... Does anyone know what this is actually worth? CUrrent owner says they haven't used RCI for years, but things it was 144k or something.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
So I have been considering purchasing a unit (resale from an existing owner here), but I was unaware of the ownership change, so this thread is definitely giving me some concerns.
However, I am also interested in the RCI points for this unit... which I can't seem to find. The owner claims this is a floating week unit that can be used anytime of the year, 2 bedroom, of course the RCI point chart I have found gives points out by weeks and number of beds... Does anyone know what this is actually worth? CUrrent owner says they haven't used RCI for years, but things it was 144k or something.
If they don't have rci points currently, then it probably isn't already enrolled in rci points and enrolling it may be expensive and not easy especially as capital would be pushing their own points vs rci points. If you want rci points you really should just stick with someone that already has it in rci points and even if they typically use their home resort, they would be able to go to rci and see exactly how many rci points they are awarded each year if they don't reserve their home week or floating home week.

JMNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas
If they don't have rci points currently, then it probably isn't already enrolled in rci points and enrolling it may be expensive and not easy especially as capital would be pushing their own points vs rci points. If you want rci points you really should just stick with someone that already has it in rci points and even if they typically use their home resort, they would be able to go to rci and see exactly how many rci points they are awarded each year if they don't reserve their home week or floating home week.
I'm in the same position as Badcop. The unit I'm looking at is already in points, but it is 53k points. I've been trying to find a points chart or some reference to see if that is a good point amount for this resort, or if it's on the low end. The estoppel says it's Diamond season, but I'm not sure if that's equivalent to a red week or if it is lower. Do you happen to know where I can find the points chart for this resort? When I search in my RCI account, it only brings up the main resort information page, so I'm thinking I'm not looking the correct way.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I'm in the same position as Badcop. The unit I'm looking at is already in points, but it is 53k points. I've been trying to find a points chart or some reference to see if that is a good point amount for this resort, or if it's on the low end. The estoppel says it's Diamond season, but I'm not sure if that's equivalent to a red week or if it is lower. Do you happen to know where I can find the points chart for this resort? When I search in my RCI account, it only brings up the main resort information page, so I'm thinking I'm not looking the correct way.
Usually the point to MF's ratio is more important than the point number but if you don't want to have to get multiple contracts the number of points is important too. 50,000 is probably the higher end of the average for 1 BR in prime season at in demand locations. It can get you 2BR units at older resorts in high to prime season. This is an older directory broken down by area. https://www.rci.com/static/docs/en_US/points-grid.pdf
Her is a slightly newer but it is broken down by rci resort #'s so you probably have to google the rci # and then look up the resort by number. https://www.rci.com/static/docs/en_US/pow/help/rci-points-grids.html

JMNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas
Usually the point to MF's ratio is more important than the point number but if you don't want to have to get multiple contracts the number of points is important too. 50,000 is probably the higher end of the average for 1 BR in prime season at in demand locations. It can get you 2BR units at older resorts in high to prime season. This is an older directory broken down by area. https://www.rci.com/static/docs/en_US/points-grid.pdf
Her is a slightly newer but it is broken down by rci resort #'s so you probably have to google the rci # and then look up the resort by number. https://www.rci.com/static/docs/en_US/pow/help/rci-points-grids.html
Thank you! You've been a big help as always.

Niteowl721

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interestingly, I got the same email. Forwarded it back to the general email address for the resort indicating that I would be happy to pay if they would only tell me how much and post it the owner portal. Interestingly enough, the owner portal was down all weekend (as a result perhaps?)

ETA: Just checked and the portal is still down. No response yet to my email.
I am an owner at Silver Lake Resort. I have not received an email regarding my 2023 which normally would have been due by 01/01/2023. Capital Vacations purchased Silver Lake in January 2022 without so much as notifying the owners. Perhaps I should say "I was not notified". However, I do not think I am alone. https://capitalvacations.com/posts/2022-silver-lake-acquisition/
I would like to deedback my Silver Lake Resort timeshare. Rather than use one of the scamming "Exit" companies I contacted a Florida attorney directly using my MetLife Legal Plan employee benefits. The attorney requested that I obtain in writing the fact that a deedback program exists or that Capital Vacations is willing to allow me to exit. It sounds like the attorney doesn't want to touch this transaction with a ten foot poll.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
why not contact capital resorts directly and use their own deedback program as a first step?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Silver lake resort kissimmee
My wife and I are UK based silver lake owners and have enjoyed 25 years of excellent service. In the last 5 years the resort banked our weeks with RCI or rented them out to offset maintenance fees.

Since December my wife and I have been trying to establish from the resort and capital. They have failed to answer 8 emails ( including one to the CEO) and we find ourselves being unable to effectively space bank our 2022 and 2023 weeks.

I have had to refuse to pay the maintenance fees until the dispute is resolved. As I understand it the US Federal Government has no arrangement with the UK to recover debts in the UK so I don't understand their strategy? It can only be ( perhaps) that the rental of our weeks is more lucrative to the new owners than recovering our maintenance fees. We have deeded weeks in August. I await their response but suspect that this is a deliberate decision by the new owners do take back ownership?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi @bermondseypete
Welcome to TUG

You may be right.

There is a Capital Vacation forum within TUG .
many posts are by owners caught by Capital acquiring resorts and VRI & Trading Places exchange

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
@bermondseypete
If you are looking to vacation in Orlando / USA there are two TUG timeshare rental forums
1) Last minute /45 days - max. $800
2) TUG Marketplace

If you are thinking about getting access to RCI points or Trading Power Units
you may want to look for a free or low cost resales on TUG.

I just scanned TUG Marketplace for Orlando- and there are a number of low cost Vacation Villages
that get 92,500 RCI points annually with the seller paying closing cost and 2023 MF.

PowderRest

Reaction score
Hey so does anyone know how to get your username or the ownerid for the portal? I've emailed them all 8 times with no response. I don't know my MF balance and cannot pay it! Maybe this is their plan to be able to take back units for non payment?

Whey you hit "forgot password" it asks you for your owner id but my owner id (which is 5 digit number for silver lake) it doesn't' work. Did they make some kind of protocol like add SLR in front of the number or something like SLR-99999, or is it some randomized brand new number.

If you did hear from them, was it an email address that you can reply to? I saw in one of the emails to us SLR@capitalvacations.com but getting crickets back from that. Would appreciate any help anyone can offer!

BM243923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort-Weeks 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
Call Silver Lakes directly and they can provide you with the password and any questions you have. When Capital acquired my resort the email came from my resort with login information.

ArkansasTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here’s my recent response about Capital Vacations (CV) who manage Stormy Point in Branson:

Great call. Owners don’t have to join CV as they are told. We’ve been to 2 ‘owner’s updates’ & said no both times. We are listed as legacy owners now on the sales’ paperwork. We were just there between Xmas & New Years & met several unhappy owners who paid $$ for points who now cannot get their weeks as they could before CV. Keep your deeded week & continue to use II as you had in the past.

ArkansasTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am resale ower through summerwinds at SPV. Can you tell me about experience trading through II? I did it once but they just picked a random wk to trade. Is there any way to actually book a desirable summer wk to trade for better trading power? Capital is awful. We attended one sales meeting and my wife and I decided we'd never to go another with CV. The guy was incredibly slimy and racist. I guess he assumed we were as well bc he kept asking why we moved to where we live (from a previous location with few minorities) because "aren't there a lot of blacks there?". It was quite uncomfortable. TBH, outside of SPV (and maybe a cpl of others) CV properties don't seem overly nice.

jrb916

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am resale ower through summerwinds at SPV. Can you tell me about experience trading through II? I did it once but they just picked a random wk to trade. Is there any way to actually book a desirable summer wk to trade for better trading power? Capital is awful. We attended one sales meeting and my wife and I decided we'd never to go another with CV. The guy was incredibly slimy and racist. I guess he assumed we were as well bc he kept asking why we moved to where we live (from a previous location with few minorities) because "aren't there a lot of blacks there?". It was quite uncomfortable. TBH, outside of SPV (and maybe a cpl of others) CV properties don't seem overly nice.
We tried to trade our extra week in 2021 CV gave for paying MF on time w/ II, but we couldn’t trade the free week. Instead, CV gave us a free trade/season upgrade within their exchange system (now they use Trading Spaces) for our 2021 week trade. We ended up at Point at Poipu in Hawaii for our SPV week over Spring Break 2022!!

We used our extra week at SPV between Xmas & New Years. We only got 5 days due to holiday blackout period & had to leave on 12/31 but they gave us 3 bed (instead of two). We feel we got our money back plus some for what we’ve paid in.

Our contract is a tri-annual, so 2024 is our next week. We plan to trade again within Trading Places since their fees are reasonable & has some locations we want to visit.

We use II with our WorldMark points, so probably won’t use our SPV w/ them. We can pull Marriott & Disney locations w/ WM, but no Disney w/ SPV.

ArkansasTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if CV would take back our legacy contract so they are able to sell as CV points? We enjoy our legacy wk and am not interested in converting to cv points, however we currently have a 2br and would like to find a 4br resale.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I wonder if CV would take back our legacy contract so they are able to sell as CV points? We enjoy our legacy wk and am not interested in converting to cv points, however we currently have a 2br and would like to find a 4br resale.

contact them an find out! they do have an officially advertised deedback program!