• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Capital Resorts acquires Silver Lake Resort in Florida

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
Subbing in. We have a 3BR LO at SLR. Looking at the list of resorts under management, none are particularly recognizable. Any experiences to share from owners who currently are under Capital management?

jrb916

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here’s my recent response about Capital Vacations (CV) who manage Stormy Point in Branson:
GARon said:
We too, have been Stormy Point owners. Attended a CV presentation, and didn't trust what we were told. We opted to just keep our ownership exactly as is, at Stormy Pt and Not join CV's point system.
Great call. Owners don’t have to join CV as they are told. We’ve been to 2 ‘owner’s updates’ & said no both times. We are listed as legacy owners now on the sales’ paperwork. We were just there between Xmas & New Years & met several unhappy owners who paid $$ for points who now cannot get their weeks as they could before CV. Keep your deeded week & continue to use II as you had in the past.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here’s my recent response about Capital Vacations (CV) who manage Stormy Point in Branson:

Great call. Owners don’t have to join CV as they are told. We’ve been to 2 ‘owner’s updates’ & said no both times. We are listed as legacy owners now on the sales’ paperwork. We were just there between Xmas & New Years & met several unhappy owners who paid $$ for points who now cannot get their weeks as they could before CV. Keep your deeded week & continue to use II as you had in the past.

The constant revictimization of timeshare owners incenses me to no end.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Hopefully this won’t change SLR availability in RCI weeks exchanges. We love the location, and the refurbished 1 BR that sleeps 6 is wonderful for the two of us when we’re out of DVC points and want to visit WDW via our other TS weeks.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We have stayed at Silver Lake a few times, will it still trade thru RCI?

Bwolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW, Lehigh Resort Club left Capital for VRI effective 1 January 2022.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bumping this thread to ask whether anyone has noted any changes at Silver Lake since the management change - particularly whether they’re more aggressive in trying to get inbound exchange guests to sign up for a sales meeting. We had a pleasant talk with them in the lobby a few years ago while waiting for our room to be ready, and I hope we won’t ever have an unpleasant time saying No to the solicitation.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Hopefully this won’t change SLR availability in RCI weeks exchanges. We love the location, and the refurbished 1 BR that sleeps 6 is wonderful for the two of us when we’re out of DVC points and want to visit WDW via our other TS weeks.
You should start looking at your Interval International account Getaways that come with your DVC ownership. You get a Gold II account that gives you an extra $25 off Getaways, plus your account is new (another $25 discount). I got Marriott Harbour Lake for $401/week in a 2 bedroom using my DVC II account.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You should start looking at your Interval International account Getaways that come with your DVC ownership. You get a Gold II account that gives you an extra $25 off Getaways, plus your account is new (another $25 discount). I got Marriott Harbour Lake for $401/week in a 2 bedroom using my DVC II account.
Thanks for the tip - I had DH sit with me while I looked, and he was surprised to see what the options were. We’re not looking to book anything for some time, but it’s nice to have additional options besides potential RCI exchanges when we are looking.

In the meantime, I guess no one has stayed at Silver Lake recently. We drove past it last week when we were at SSR (on an inbound RCI exchange, hooray) and noticed they’d added “A Capital Vacations Resort” to both entry signs. The Silver Lake listings on RCI look the same still.

RiverChar

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Silverlake Orange Lake
I am new to this forum. We are at Silverlake right now and sat in on an owner update. They tried to get us to spend $28000. to convert to their system, Global Exchange. They said if we did not, they were going to raise our RCI cost and maintenance fees $28000 for the next ten years anyway, so we should go ahead and convert to their system, and get 300,000. points per year. We said no.
Can they raise our RCI and maintenance fees to 1300 a year?? Thanks!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am new to this forum. We are at Silverlake right now and sat in on an owner update. They tried to get us to spend $28000. to convert to their system, Global Exchange. They said if we did not, they were going to raise our RCI cost and maintenance fees $28000 for the next ten years anyway, so we should go ahead and convert to their system, and get 300,000. points per year. We said no.
MF normally increased yearly, a budget decision made by the resort HOA Board.
RCI fees are set by RCI and not CV.

callwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am shocked to think they might be lying(sarcasm)! Less shocking is the idea that might actually raise the maintenance fees by that much. You should have counter offered to sell them your week for 14k if they think they could so easily double their money!

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe Capital Vacations acquired VRI from Marriott in 2022

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We recently acquired a week at a resort we'd previously owned for some years, which has recently affiliated with Capital Vacations -- sort of. It still has its same management company, but is somehow under Capital's banner. We went to a presentation, to hopefully get some insight into what this could mean for us as owners, since there wasn't much on TUG yet. It was all BS and didn't lead to any actual knowledge or insight -- it was a waste of time, their "salespeople" knew very little about timesharing in general, and actually their presentation was quite confusing, which I suppose is a tactic. Mostly seemed like they want to be a finance company, tricking people into taking out loans and charging ridiculous rates. I feel sorry for folks who fall for their spiel. I just received next year's MF for this place, which has gone up, but seems in line with other increases, so no conclusions yet.

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Capital Resorts seems to be taking on the role of Snidely Whiplash
Snidely.jpg
that used to belong to Diamond Resorts.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
What's the difference between Silver Lake Resort & Silver Lake Resort Silver Points ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What's the difference between Silver Lake Resort & Silver Lake Resort Silver Points ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​
I was told in a post here on TUG that the Silver Points section is a newer building or section, I think the high-rise overlooking the pool. We’ve always booked the Resort area, more due to availability and TPU cost than anything, and we’ve been comfortable. Always requested and received a ground-floor unit, because those older buildings don’t have elevators.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bui
I was told in a post here on TUG that the Silver Points section is a newer building or section, I think the high-rise overlooking the pool. We’ve always booked the Resort area, more due to availability and TPU cost than anything, and we’ve been comfortable. Always requested and received a ground-floor unit, because those older buildings don’t have elevators.
Building 500 has an elevator and is in the older section. The high rise is part of the old section. Silver Points is newer and farther back in the resort.