• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Happy Aloha Friday

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Assuming you meant May 2023, do you have airfare dates yet? That would help us to help you.

Dave

DancingWaters

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going to book with AAA. I wanted the Honau Kai but there is no availibility for our many different dates
Our 2nd choice now is the Hyatt Regency and Spa. I’m really getting cold feet

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
We are going to book with AAA. I wanted the Honau Kai but there is no availibility for our many different dates
Our 2nd choice now is the Hyatt Regency and Spa. I’m really getting cold feet

The issue about quality accommodations in Hawaii is they tend to book out well in advance. Unless you want to spend big money for last minute bookings, you should plan about a year out, if not more. What a lot of people do is book accommodations first, then find airfare that fits the hotel or timeshare dates. You may be a bit late for May 2023, since that's only six months from now.

Dave

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Yes I do mean May 2023

I would check VRBO. For May, I see plenty of condos in the $2,000 to $3,000 for the week range. I would stick with condos in the high tourist areas. Those vacation areas are usually in the short term rental zones.

DancingWaters

TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked my trip through AAA, which I normally don’t do! To many unknowns about Hawaii. We have a one bedroom at the Kaanapali Alii by Hyatt. It’s in celebration of our 50th anniversary this summer.
I plan all our vacations even Alaska but was uneasy about planning this trip myself.
We are both excited and now hope to plan the fun stuff!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I booked my trip through AAA, which I normally don’t do! To many unknowns about Hawaii. We have a one bedroom at the Kaanapali Alii by Hyatt. It’s in celebration of our 50th anniversary this summer.
I plan all our vacations even Alaska but was uneasy about planning this trip myself.

Sounds like you are all set then. Congratulations on your 50th!!

You will have a great time. Lots to see and do but leave some time to get on island time. :thumbup:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Congratulations! You'll have a fine time.

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Happy Aloha Friday!! November already and the seasons are changing. This weekend it means some will have to turn their clocks back this weekend while we stay the same.

This week's picture takes you to Molokai and the B building here at WaveCrest. They do a great job on the grounds here and right now there are Birds of Paradise all over. This picture shows them lining our parking area.

Enjoy and have an awesome Aloha Friday!!

20220809_124203.jpg

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your 50th wedding anniversary. I wish you many many more

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Happy Aloha Friday!! November is moving right along and Thanksgiving is just around the corner. We have a cold front coming in next week and we will get into the 60's at night for a few days.:eek:

This week's picture takes us back to Kauai. These signs are found in a few spots around Kauai. The local adage represents the shared heritage of the Transplanted Residents, Long Time Kama'aina (native Born) and Malihini (Visitors or Newcomers).

Enjoy and have a Happy Aloha Friday and a great weekend.

2018-05-18_13-20-07_362.jpg

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning slip, I'm wishing all Tugger, a Happy Aloha Friday morning .

Slip, you are up early for a Friday morning.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Happy Aloha Friday!! Less than a week to Thanksgiving and then on to Christmas. We are really looking forward to our reservation at Hiro's.

This week's picture takes everyone to the south shore of Molokai and gives us a different angle to view the longest pier in Hawaii. It stretches out 1,900 feet and well past the reef. We got this picture from the beach at the Molokai Health Center during the lantern ceremony right at sunset.

Enjoy and have an awesome weekend and a Great Aloha Friday. shaka

20221105_180222.jpg

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wishing everyone a Happy Aloha Friday and a Happy Thanksgiving from Virginia.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Happy Aloha Friday!! It's the day after Thanksgiving and time to decorate and shop for Christmas.

This week's picture takes us back to Kauai and to the Ke Ala Hele Makalae. Which translates to "The Path that Goes by the Coast". It goes for 8 miles, in 2 segments. One goes from Lydgate Beach Park to Wailua Beach Park and the other segment starts in Kapaa and goes to Ahihi Point. This goes right in front of the Pono Kai Resort and it's one of the reasons we love sitting on the lanai there, people watching and enjoying the ocean.

Have an awesome Aloha Friday!! Enjoy and have a great holiday weekend. shaka

IMG_20170217_131241.jpg

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Aloha Friday. Be safe everyone and enjoy your long holiday weekend.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wishing slip and my fellow Tuggers, a Happy Aloha Thursdays morning. I thought this would be a little different. It is below 40 degrees in Virginia this morning.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Wishing slip and my fellow Tuggers, a Happy Aloha Thursdays morning. I thought this would be a little different. It is below 40 degrees in Virginia this morning.
Screenshot_20221201-075408.png

In a similar spirit, Aloha Thursday. :cool: It feels like 0 degrees here, but 2 months from today we'll be in Poipu.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Aloha Thursday @pedro47 !! Just another crappy day in paradise for us.:D

Screenshot_20221201-072602_AccuWeather.jpg
20221201_071321.jpg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Happy Aloha Friday!! The first Friday in December and Christmas will be here before we know it.

Today's picture takes us a mile east of Kaunakakai here on Molokai. About every other week, we see a Facebook ad and this sign outside a Hale just outside of town. They always sell out since fresh Poi is always best.

Enjoy and have an awesome Aloha Friday and weekend.

Screenshot_20221118-113439_Facebook.jpg

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning, slip and Kim, wishing you and to everyone a Happy Aloha Friday.

It's a little cool this morning in the Tidewater Virginia areas it's only about 30 degrees.

Please enjoy your day in the Beautiful State of Hawaii.