• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Traveler Episode 84... HGVMax October Launch Announced

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
Finally we now have an official launch scheduled for October. Although this is a slip from the original planned August date, having an official launch scheduled for October means that most likely this date will be met. Not surprised that there is a slip with a large integration project like this. But one of the surprises is that there wasn't a surprise in what was scheduled.

I've provided the list of sites that will be part of HGVMax as well as a sample of point values for current Diamond International locations as well as HGV sites. For those who are only part of one of the timeshares this will give you a sense of the point values for the "other half" of HGVMax. I am very excited about the new possibilities of HGVMax and I hope this video helps you see the possibilities for you.

Timeshare Traveler Episode 84... HGVMax October Launch Announced

Map of all my timeshare reviews

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Glad you finally may be getting wheels installed on your new RV that you have named "HGV Max."
Me too... I like the HGV is communicating especially compared to Marriott which "requires" you to attend a sales presentation to learn anything. And I don't feel comfortable believing the sales team.... Because they had promised the merger two years ago and there has been no communication directly to owners

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
having an official launch scheduled for October means that most likely this date will be met.

I bet it will "launch" but it won't mean you can book anything on DRI side because that additional feature would be available N months later.

Taking bets?

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It should say: we yet again have an official launch postponed.
I did have communication from the sales team that it might be delayed because of a software delay. I do mention it is a delay. At least the sales team stayed with the official go live date and didn't make up their own answer... But they were clear about a risk to the original August date. I think the COO sending an official communication means something will happen in October... Still a risk that some feature will be delayed.... But there seems to be some pressure the the executive to roll this out.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I bet it will "launch" but it won't mean you can book anything on DRI side because that additional feature would be available N months later.

Taking bets?
Healthy sarcasm... I wouldn't be shocked either way... But still happy with progress even with delays.

mandl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo and Karen Avenue
HGVC sold us out. Just got off the phone with Elite services. Unless you become part of the "HGV Max" you won't have access into the old Club Intrawest in Palm Desert. The only way around it is to use HH points. It's all about the money. HGVC didn't do us any favors merging with Diamond Resorts. They only flooded our resorts with more members. It will become even harder to get into the primo resorts on Marco, Sanibel, and Captiva. Diamond only had a handful of good resorts. It wasn't worth it. Interval is where it's at. Time to jump ship.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC sold us out. Just got off the phone with Elite services. Unless you become part of the "HGV Max" you won't have access into the old Club Intrawest in Palm Desert. The only way around it is to use HH points. It's all about the money. HGVC didn't do us any favors merging with Diamond Resorts. They only flooded our resorts with more members. It will become even harder to get into the primo resorts on Marco, Sanibel, and Captiva. Diamond only had a handful of good resorts. It wasn't worth it. Interval is where it's at. Time to jump ship.
So far, this is the first I have heard of problems. I hope what you say isn't so. But I agree that it is all about the money. Marriott was the same as I had to upgrade to get into the combined system (or pay a fee). Wyndham is also saying the same thing (Worldmark) for their Travel site. It seems to part of the industry as it consolidates. Not that it helps to hear it. But they all do it and I avoid the upgrades when I can. I am really sorry you feel "dumped on".

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
2 of 3 deeds we own are where we want to visit. The other one was practically free. My expectations for HGVC aren't too high, as long as I can get into my home resorts in the 9-12 month range I'll be happy.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
2 of 3 deeds we own are where we want to visit. The other one was practically free. My expectations for HGVC aren't too high, as long as I can get into my home resorts in the 9-12 month range I'll be happy.

For the present we can get into a number of resorts at 9 months, Home resort and not. This is what I bought HGVC for (we would never use Home Week, so 12-9 months is an irrelevant time period for us). Max doesn't take this away from us as they can't get in until 6 months out.

So we still have what they sold us, regardless of this Max scam .

Cheers.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I look at it a bit differently. We didn't have access to the Embarc (old Club Intrawest) prior to the merger, so why would I expect to have access post-merger? The CEO has come out and said if we don't upgrade to Max, we will have access to the same set of resorts as before the merger, so this is consistent w/ not having access to the Embarc resorts. Of course, I would have loved to have access, but I don't consider that being "sold out" by HGV.

Kurt

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Unless you become part of the "HGV Max" you won't have access into the old Club Intrawest in Palm Desert.
Unless things have changed, Club Intrawest aren't currently part of HGVMax.
Screen Shot 2022-08-26 at 7.42.06 AM.png

from the HGVC HGVMax FAQ.

They will be rebranded as HGVC resorts. We don't currently know the cross-booking rules (or if there will be cross-booking). Refer to this thread.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
I look at it a bit differently. We didn't have access to the Embarc (old Club Intrawest) prior to the merger, so why would I expect to have access post-merger? The CEO has come out and said if we don't upgrade to Max, we will have access to the same set of resorts as before the merger, so this is consistent w/ not having access to the Embarc resorts. Of course, I would have loved to have access, but I don't consider that being "sold out" by HGV.

Kurt
Agree, however the selling out part has some basis in fact if HGV Max owners now get access to HGVC thus intensifying competition for the resorts, while you and I do not get access to any DRI resorts. At some volume this starts to diminish our access across the board.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Agree, however the selling out part has some basis in fact if HGV Max owners now get access to HGVC thus intensifying competition for the resorts, while you and I do not get access to any DRI resorts. At some volume this starts to diminish our access across the board.
They don't get access until 6 months though. Your home resort and club booking priority are still protected.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Me too... I like the HGV is communicating especially compared to Marriott which "requires" you to attend a sales presentation to learn anything. And I don't feel comfortable believing the sales team.... Because they had promised the merger two years ago and there has been no communication directly to owners
Marriott has finally provided a lot of material for both Marriott and Vistana owners. If you haven't logged into either owner site in the last week, you might want to do so.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
They don't get access until 6 months though. Your home resort and club booking priority are still protected.

For the early reservations >6 months, it seems that there is really no loss for current non-MAX HGVC members. Where it does hurt is for those last minute "let's see if there's any availability" trips. We book most stuff out at 9 months. But we still do spontaneous trips, and likely more as retirement looms. So this could well have an impact on that aspect.

Cheers.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott has finally provided a lot of material for both Marriott and Vistana owners. If you haven't logged into either owner site in the last week, you might want to do so.
It would have been nice to get an email. Feels like you have to chase Marriott to find out stuff.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard

The only way it effect us before the 6month Max window starts is the Loyalty Search option.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
As others have already noted, Max members only have access to HGVC inventory at 6 months, so I'm not so worried about that. In addition, you aren't taking into consideration that the HGVC members that join Max will be booking DRI properties, thus offsetting the DRI members booking HGVC properties. It may not be a perfect 1:1 offset, but it is not all one-sided as you paint it.

Kurt

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As others have already noted, Max members only have access to HGVC inventory at 6 months, so I'm not so worried about that. In addition, you aren't taking into consideration that the HGVC members that join Max will be booking DRI properties, thus offsetting the DRI members booking HGVC properties. It may not be a perfect 1:1 offset, but it is not all one-sided as you paint it.

Kurt
There will be an adjustment period while we figure out the new program. I am personally happy to have access to some of the new locations. When I did my searches at 6 months, I did get a good amount of availability on the DRI side. I am an optimist, so I feel that I will have more opportunities.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
When was this new announcement made or email sent and to whom was it sent? I am an HGVC owner and have not received any notice about this.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When was this new announcement made or email sent and to whom was it sent? I am an HGVC owner and have not received any notice about this.
I got it on August 23... It is posted on the HGVC website...

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
I got it on August 23... It is posted on the HGVC website...

Thanks. I checked my emails, but nothing from HGVC. I had also looked for it under "alerts" on the website, which is where I might have expected it, but nothing there either. It must be buried somewhere else. Weird.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned