• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Traveler Episode 84... HGVMax October Launch Announced

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Perhaps it was only sent out or available to those that bought into Max?

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Thanks for the link, but when I click on it, it takes me to the "Help" section of the website, and then under "Club News" it shows a yellow section at the top titled "Call Center Hours of Operation". Below that is a blue banner called "Important Information About Your Club Membership" that discusses the Club points adjustment, the revised cancellation policies, and an alert concerning third-party exit frauds.

Finally, below that is the HGV Club News Archive, but for 2022 it only shows two issues, one from January 1st and another from April 13th. IMO, burying Club News in the Help section is a bit unintuitive, but maybe it's just me. More importantly, there does not seem to be any notice or article dated August 23rd, which your link appears to be hinting at! Sorry to be such a nuisance, but It just gets weirder and weirder!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks for the link, but when I click on it, it takes me to the "Help" section of the website, and then under "Club News" it shows a yellow section at the top titled "Call Center Hours of Operation". Below that is blue tab called "Important Information About Your Club Membership" that discusses the Club points adjustment, the revised cancellation policies, and an alert concerning third-party exit frauds.

Finally, below that is the HGV Club News Archive, but for 2022 it only shows two issues, one from January 1st and another from April 13th. IMO, burying Club News in the Help section is a bit unintuitive, but maybe it's just me. More importantly, there does not seem to be any notice or article dated August 23rd, which your link appears to be hinting at! Sorry to be such a nuisance, but It just gets weirder and weirder!
Unless what I stated previously is true? Perhaps the announcement is only available to Max members?

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
They don't get access until 6 months though. Your home resort and club booking priority are still protected.
If before I was able to book something at 4 months, maybe now that is no longer available. Agree with pigsdad it may be somewhat offset by bookings into DRI. I'm not predicting this will be a major problem, just noting it theoretically could have an impact. Second item as others have noted is the loyalty search at 9 or 10 months, still not really knowing what that is but if they sneak in at or before my nine month availability then that is a devaluation to me.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
Marriott has finally provided a lot of material for both Marriott and Vistana owners. If you haven't logged into either owner site in the last week, you might want to do so.
Been watching videos on Vistana about abound. Thanks for point this out as it is a very good start to finally learning the official rules and benefits... Still questions... But much better.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is the letter. Clearly states HGV Max Members as mentioned

Dear HGV Max Members,
We are thrilled to announce that key HGV Max features will go live in October 2022, which means you can soon start enjoying more properties in more destinations, as well as attractive benefits and new Member discounts.
HGV Max brings together the best of Hilton Grand Vacations Club and Diamond Resorts’ The Club. Since our announcement in April of this year, we’ve been working toward the implementation of our new flagship offering.
Exciting HGV Max benefits we anticipate rolling out in October include:
  • An Expanded Portfolio of Properties that features a new HGV Max Reservation Window starting six months before check-out when booking Hilton Vacation Club resorts affiliated with HGV Club.1
  • Complimentary Reservations across the expanded portfolio of in-network properties. (For a full list of properties, visit my.hgv.com/max-info.)
  • HGV Max Rate with Hilton providing 10% savings off the regularly published rates when making reservations online at 7,000 Hilton hotels and resorts.2

Before we roll out these features in October, we’ll share updates with you via email in September, our Club Traveler publications and the Club website.
We understand you’re eager to start enjoying many of the program’s offerings and appreciate your patience as we work toward implementing HGV Max. In the meantime, I encourage you to continue enjoying all your great membership benefits.
On behalf of Hilton Grand Vacations and my fellow Team Members, we look forward to helping you create a lifetime of memorable vacation experiences. We’re excited about the future of HGV Max, and we’re thrilled to have you on this journey with us.​

All the Best,​
Gordon Gurnick Signature
Gordon Gurnik
Senior Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer​

1 Select resort booking windows are 60 to 90 days before check-in.
2 Subject to availability.​

mandl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo and Karen Avenue
All you have to do as an owner is log in to HGVC, go to the Club tab, then go to HGV Max, and then again - HGV Max......... this is where you will find the lists of properties and windows. Nothing to hide. It's all there. I can't copy and paste it. Tug won't publish a copy and paste.

The page provides a list of the Hilton Vacation Club and Diamond properties that will be available for booking to Members with HGV Max benefits later in 2022. Reservations at these properties will fall under the new HGV Max Reservation Window, which allows booking starting six months before check-out (exceptions apply).

"Inventory availability will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. Many of these properties have not yet been rebranded as part of the Hilton Vacation Club property collection. As a result, they continue to offer services and on-site features that do not follow the Hilton Grand Vacations brand standards. The rebranding of Diamond properties is a phased, multi-year effort that is scheduled to end in 2026. Resorts that have been rebranded carry a "Hilton Vacation Club" name".

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
From https://view.ceros.com/tvc/club-traveler-summer-2022/p/10

The rebranding process is a phased, multi-year effort, which started earlier this year and is scheduled for completion in 2026. As of summer 2022, we’ve successfully rebranded eight properties, with more in the pipeline every few months.

From https://newsletter.clubtraveler.com/2022-may-introducing-hilton-vacation-club/p/1

F4207F2D-9398-42B8-9EB6-67F84ADE963D.jpeg

From https://club.hiltongrandvacations.com/en/hgv-max/hgv-max-properties

Club Membership > HGV Max > HGV Max Properties

MORE PROPERTIES IN MORE DESTINATIONS

This page provides a list of the Hilton Vacation Club and Diamond properties that will be available for booking to Members with HGV Max benefits later in 2022. Reservations at these properties will fall under the new HGV Max Reservation Window, which allows booking starting six months before check-out (exceptions apply).

Please note: Inventory availability will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. Many of these properties have not yet been rebranded as part of the Hilton Vacation Club property collection. As a result, they continue to offer services and on-site features that do not follow the Hilton Grand Vacations brand standards. The rebranding of Diamond properties is a phased, multi-year effort that is scheduled to end in 2026. Resorts that have been rebranded carry a "Hilton Vacation Club" name.

Properties Available During the HGV Max Reservation Window:

United States

ARIZONA

Bell Rock Inn - Sedona, AZ
Kohl's Ranch Lodge - Payson, AZ
Los Abrigados Resort and Spa - Sedona, AZ
PVC at The Roundhouse Resort - Pinetop, AZ
Rancho Manana Resort - Cavecreek, AZ
Ridge on Sedona, a Hilton Vacation Club - Sedona, AZ
Scottsdale Links Resort, a Hilton Vacation Club - Scottsdale, AZ
Scottsdale Villa Mirage, a Hilton Vacation Club - Scottsdale, AZ
Sedona Summit, a Hilton Vacation Club - Sedona, AZ
Varsity Clubs of America - Tuscon - Tuscon, AZ

CALIFORNIA
Lake Tahoe Resort, a Hilton Vacation Club - South Lake Tahoe, CA
Palm Canyon Resort - Palm Springs, CA
Riviera Beach Resort - Capistrano Beach, CA
Riviera Oaks Resort & Racquet Club - Ramona, CA
Riviera Shores Resort - Capistrano Beach, CA
San Luis Bay Inn - Avila, CA
Tahoe Seasons Resort - South Lake Tahoe, CA

COLORADO
The Historic Crags Lodge - Estes Park, CO

FLORIDA - ATLANTIC
Crescent Resort on South Beach - Miami Beach, FL
Daytona Beach Regency - Daytona Beach, FL
The Cove on Ormond Beach - Ormond Beach, FL

FLORIDA - ORLANDO
Alhambra - Kissimmee, FL
Barefoot'n Resort - Kissimmee, FL
Bryan's Spanish Cove - Orlando, FL
Cypress Pointe Resort - Orlando, FL
Grand Beach - Orlando, FL
Grande Villas Resort - Orlando, FL
Liki Tiki Village - Winter Garden, FL
Mystic Dunes, a Hilton Vacation Club - Orlando, FL
Orbit One Vacation - Kissimmee, FL
Parkway International Resort - Kissimmee, FL
Polynesian Isles - Kissimmee, FL

FLORIDA - GULF
Charter Club Resort of Naples Bay - Naples, FL

HAWAII - KAUAI
The Point at Poipu, a Hilton Vacation Club - Koloa, HI

HAWAII - MAUI
Ka'anapali Beach Club - Lahaina, HI

HAWAII - OAHU
The Modern Honolulu - Honolulu HI

INDIANA
Varsity Clubs of America - South Bend - South Bend, IN

MISSOURI
The Suites at Fall Creek - Branson, MO

NEVADA - LAS VEGAS
Cancun Resort Las Vegas - Las Vegas, NV
Desert Paradise Resort - Las Vegas, NV
Polo Towers Suites and Villas - Las Vegas, NV

NEW MEXICO
Villas de Santa Fe - Santa Fe, NM

NORTH CAROLINA
Beachwoods Resort - Kitty Hawk, NC
Fairway Forest Resort - Sapphire, NC

TENNESSEE
Bent Creek Golf Village - Gatlinburg, TN
Sunrise Ridge Resort - Pigeon Forge, TN

UTAH
Cedar Breaks Lodge - Brian Head, UT

VIRGINIA
Beach Quarters Resort - Virginia Beach, VA
Boardwalk Resort and Villas - Virginia Beach, VA
Greensprings Vacation Resort - Williamsburg, VA
Ocean Beach Club, a Hilton Vacation Club - Virginia Beach, VA
Oceanaire, a Hilton Vacation Club - Virginia Beach, VA
The Historic Powhatan, a Hilton Vacation Club - Williamsburg, VA
Turtle Cay Resort - Virginia Beach, VA

International

MEXICO

Cabo Azul Resort and Spa - Baja California, Mexico

SINT MAARTEN
Flamingo Beach Resort - Philipsburg, Sint Maarten

Royal Palm Beach Resort - Philipsburg, Sint Maarten

Last edited:

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Expanded portfolio is meaningless if the resorts have 0 availability.

Smoke and mirrors.

mandl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We’re at Kings Land Waikoloa right now. We’ve owned with HGVC for 30 plus years. We’ve bought from the developer, and we’ve bought and sold resale. Today we were turned down from going through the typical sales pitch presentation with perks because they say we currently do not own anything from the developer. After pushing they said we could do a sixty minute owner update and they’d give us a one hundred dollar am ex gift card. We said no, and walked. It was really an insult. Then, 10 minutes later we happened upon a couple at the bar who were owners at Kings Land. They bought the upgrade into HGV Max. What do you suppose they paid for this??????? Any idea out there?

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We’re at Kings Land Waikoloa right now. We’ve owned with HGVC for 30 plus years. We’ve bought from the developer, and we’ve bought and sold resale. Today we were turned down from going through the typical sales pitch presentation with perks because they say we currently do not own anything from the developer. After pushing they said we could do a sixty minute owner update and they’d give us a one hundred dollar am ex gift card. We said no, and walked. It was really an insult. Then, 10 minutes later we happened upon a couple at the bar who were owners at Kings Land. They bought the upgrade into HGV Max. What do you suppose they paid for this??????? Any idea out there?
I bought a Hawaii collection (former diamond offering) for $13k. Seemed cheaper that paying $7k fee.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Why wouod you be insulted of the $100 offer? You basically had to beg them to offer you anything. Their original offer was $0 for a tour.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Expanded portfolio is meaningless if the resorts have 0 availability.

Smoke and mirrors.

EXACTLY!

We were PoloTowers owners before DRI purchased Sunterra and rolled those properties into DRI. At first I was mildly excited about the additions. The reality is the majority of those properties are rarely available, Estes Park for example, and are MUCH lower quality than HGVC members are accustomed too, Bell Rock as an example.

I can see where excitement would be generated amount Hilton owners who don’t know better, but I believe when reality sets in, there will be a lot of Hilton owners who find they spent tens of thousand of dollars for what amounts to a pig in a poke and aren’t getting what they first believed.

I feel fortunate that we only paid DRI something like $2,500 to join the expanded list of properties when we were deeded week owners at Polo Towers. We were able to book Maui twice, Sedona twice, Estes Park once (never could get back as there was never availability) and Branson multiple times. All of these where booked at 10 months, not 6. That 6 month window will narrow the options even more IMHO and will remain the primary deal breaker for us, just ahead of the ridiculous buy in price.

I feel we’ve already test driven this system with a better booking window than MAX. For us, it’s not worth it. I’m relatively sure with Cliffs more flexible travel schedule he’ll get value out of the program. We wouldn’t get the same value as we’re currently limited by time, travel funds and what we already own.

drucifer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Enclave
EXACTLY! .......
I feel we’ve already test-driven this system with a better booking window than MAX. For us, it’s not worth it. I’m relatively sure with Cliff's more flexible travel schedule, he’ll get value out of the program. We wouldn’t get the same value as we’re currently limited by time, travel funds, and what we already own.

This is the comment I was looking for. It's not that the 6-month window for formerly Diamond properties has no value. But, it only has value for the RIGHT customer that has the capability and flexibility to use it. Most people who are tied to a job or school year calendar probably can't get much if anything from it.

Today, I expect HGVMax to be of little value UNLESS I buy a Diamond deed to add to my HGVC deed and open up the 10-month Diamond window on those properties.

In 8 years, when I retire and have flexibility, that would change.

Still, for most people, it is indeed a "pig in a poke".

mandl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Why wouod you be insulted of the $100 offer? You basically had to beg them to offer you anything. Their original offer was $0 for a tour.
Because before we left we were offered a $699 package for five nights at the Waldorf on Maui plus HH points to hear their pitch. This is why we walked.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Because before we left we were offered a $699 package for five nights at the Waldorf on Maui plus HH points to hear their pitch. This is why we walked.
But were you not offered the $100 before you even knew about the $699 package?