• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Wyndham Website (2020)

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Thanks Troy. In this instance we are talking about non-instant upgrades though. What most owners here are saying is that they booked a reservation ahead of the 60 day window - requested an upgrade - and then “see” the next larger room available when performing an availability search within the 60/45 day free upgrade window. There’s no direct way to test this theory however. The best way to test the theory about the upgradability of the room in scope would be to attempt an instant upgrade to the same room type that appears as available and see if the instant upgrade actually works. If the instant upgrade works for the same room type then it’s harder for Wyndham to make the case that the automatic upgrade process is working correctly for those owners who requested an automatic upgrade originally outside of the 60 day window.

Has anyone tried this approach? So for example if you have reserved a one bedroom unit (not accessible mind you), and “see” a two bedroom unit as available for booking. First test - can you actually reserve that two bedroom unit? Sometimes there’s ghost inventory in the system for example. Second test - can you attempt to book a one bedroom within your upgrade window and if so, do you receive the two bedroom as an instant upgrade option? If so, we can at least point out the discrepancy, if not, then there’s something in the system preventing that particular piece of inventory from applying to the upgrade functions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have done that (waited for an automatic upgrade, didn't get an available one when the 45 day point passed, then rebooked for an instant upgrade and canceled the original reservation) on numerous occasions over the last couple of years. I find it a bit annoying that they haven't set up the automatic upgrades in a reliable way that is transparent, but it is manageable when there is availability in the unit size I have already booked and the unit size I'm hoping for. It's not that it's ever something I absolutely need, but the lack of functionality of the VIP privileges detracts from their value.

troy12n

Reaction score
Thanks Troy. In this instance we are talking about non-instant upgrades though. What most owners here are saying is that they booked a reservation ahead of the 60 day window - requested an upgrade - and then “see” the next larger room available when performing an availability search within the 60/45 day free upgrade window. There’s no direct way to test this theory however. The best way to test the theory about the upgradability of the room in scope would be to attempt an instant upgrade to the same room type that appears as available and see if the instant upgrade actually works. If the instant upgrade works for the same room type then it’s harder for Wyndham to make the case that the automatic upgrade process is working correctly for those owners who requested an automatic upgrade originally outside of the 60 day window.

Has anyone tried this approach? So for example if you have reserved a one bedroom unit (not accessible mind you), and “see” a two bedroom unit as available for booking. First test - can you actually reserve that two bedroom unit? Sometimes there’s ghost inventory in the system for example. Second test - can you attempt to book a one bedroom within your upgrade window and if so, do you receive the two bedroom as an instant upgrade option? If so, we can at least point out the discrepancy, if not, then there’s something in the system preventing that particular piece of inventory from applying to the upgrade functions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last time I had a reservation upgrade that wasn't the instant type was back in March, I booked a 1BR deluxe and opted into the upgrade if one should become available, and a week or so before the start date, it upgraded to a 2BR Deluxe. This was at Old Town Alexandria.

None of my other bookings upgraded, but also I know that those resorts were booked and upgrades were not available...

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
All I know is that the idea that it doesnt work, ever, flies in the face of what i've personally experienced recently. I booked at Palm Aire with a 1BR and it upgraded me to a 2BR Deluxe instantly. I ended up cancelling that reservation a week later and booking at Sea Gardens when a 1BR Deluxe at Ocean Palms opened up, when I went to book that stay it wanted to upgrade me to a 2BR at one of the other buildings at Sea Gardens, and I declined. So my last 2 bookings I either received, or was offered an instant upgrade...

Instant Upgrade works just fine. It is existing reservations that it does not upgrade.

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did anyone notice that when you make reservations, you now have to chose 'Resale' or 'Developer'? Crazy now that they are making you select which points you are using (I have both)

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Did anyone notice that when you make reservations, you now have to chose 'Resale' or 'Developer'? Crazy now that they are making you select which points you are using (I have both)
I suggest selecting 'Resale', especially if booking in the discount window and you are VIP. You might find there is a discount available at the resort. You'll see it if you selected 'Resale', but not if selected 'Developer'. Well, I suppose that depends on your VIP level, discount available to you versus discount offered at the resort. For me, seems easier to search with resale selected, and simple enough to switch to developer to see best choice to select for points to use.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I suggest selecting 'Resale', especially if booking in the discount window and you are VIP. You might find there is a discount available at the resort. You'll see it if you selected 'Resale', but not if selected 'Developer'. Well, I suppose that depends on your VIP level, discount available to you versus discount offered at the resort. For me, seems easier to search with resale selected, and simple enough to switch to developer to see best choice to select for points to use.

Hmmmm...thinking out loud here - I've always found the ongoing Wyndham resort discounts to be a bit "off the beaten path" when it comes to advertizing. Yeah I know there's a page that lists out the current discounts - but you have to navigate directly to that page to find out if there's any applicable discount - unless as you said you actually perform an availability search at which point you'll see the points discount applied.

For owners: https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinations.com/us/en/deals-and-offers/owner-travel-deals
For non-owners: https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinations.com/us/en/deals-and-offers/non-owner-travel-deals

I know these are only a couple of clicks away under Deals & Offers, but do we think it would be a value add to have this data listed somewhere when performing availability searches? For example, when using the Explore Resorts function - I think it would be nice to have a checkbox available in the Filter area - "Show Resorts with Travel Deals" for example. If you're logged in - it would only display resort deals for owners, if you're not logged in it would only display resort deals for non-owners. The percentage discount would display along with a hover over (i) that would display the additional details for the travel deal in scope. Something like this would be useful to me as I could quickly display all resorts with travel deals - prior to choosing the points type or any other selection criteria. If I then wanted to book a special deal - I could click on the resort and use the monthly calendar view with my resale points to check availability - or just use the date range picker at the top of the screen to see if any of the resorts offering travel deals have any availability. Thoughts? Different ideas?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Hmmmm...thinking out loud here - I've always found the ongoing Wyndham resort discounts to be a bit "off the beaten path" when it comes to advertizing. Yeah I know there's a page that lists out the current discounts - but you have to navigate directly to that page to find out if there's any applicable discount - unless as you said you actually perform an availability search at which point you'll see the points discount applied.

For owners: https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinations.com/us/en/deals-and-offers/owner-travel-deals
For non-owners: https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinations.com/us/en/deals-and-offers/non-owner-travel-deals

I know these are only a couple of clicks away under Deals & Offers, but do we think it would be a value add to have this data listed somewhere when performing availability searches? For example, when using the Explore Resorts function - I think it would be nice to have a checkbox available in the Filter area - "Show Resorts with Travel Deals" for example. If you're logged in - it would only display resort deals for owners, if you're not logged in it would only display resort deals for non-owners. The percentage discount would display along with a hover over (i) that would display the additional details for the travel deal in scope. Something like this would be useful to me as I could quickly display all resorts with travel deals - prior to choosing the points type or any other selection criteria. If I then wanted to book a special deal - I could click on the resort and use the monthly calendar view with my resale points to check availability - or just use the date range picker at the top of the screen to see if any of the resorts offering travel deals have any availability. Thoughts? Different ideas?

The other thing about the discount listing pages you mentioned is that they don’t provide a good real-time listing of resorts that actually have a discount. They’re a good starting place, but seem to need human intervention to update. I’ve seen a number of posts here on TUG about people getting discounts that weren’t listed there and I’ve also seen listings left up after their expiration dates. Bottom line is that a filter would be helpful. As far as the percentage discount goes, any display would have to include size, date or day limitations as well as the discount.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

If I want to see deals, I can search for 'travel deals' (just like I search for 'owner priority' to see what's going on). It sure would be nice if the pages were kept current. Other than that, I'd much rather see time spent on searching, reporting, viewing upcoming vacations, and performance. I would guess a lot more time is spent in those areas. And maybe some redirection to novice users to use the search function. Maybe when online, popups with tips to improve the online experience would be more appropriate rather than a popup suggesting we not call.