• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What's for T Giv dinner?

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cuz of Covid, no family at dinner table....But wifey and sis in law will whip up our faves while eating in different houses...Small Turkey breast, baked Mac and cheese, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and COLLARD GREENS!!! (hopefully sweet potatoes)
And can't forget football and beer.......And GRAVY

Last edited:

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
No family here this year. We got a small 4 lb turkey breast and we will add the usual trimmings, just no legs, and a lot less left-overs. We have left-overs the next night, but also want enough to make some turkey waffles! Yummy! My wife says when she was a kid they ate up the turkey on waffles and she got an extra waffle with syrup or jelly for dessert. That was heaven in PA!

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am roasting a whole turkey and smoking a turkey breast. Mashed potatoes, Sweet potato casserole, Apple nut salad, stuffing, gravy, lion house rolls, pumpkin Cheesecake, cranberry sauce, roasted artichoke hearts, Chocolate pie, and gingerbread.

Still trying to decide on the vegetable. I usually do green bean casserole but am thinking I'll try something different

We usually only eat once...between lunchtime and dinner time so will probably have some snacks as well.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We (the three of us) will have a traditional Thanksgiving dinner of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, vegetable, rolls and pies. But, we won't be cooking. We're getting the dinner from Sprouts (as we have in past years) and the pies from a local woman who is a fantastic baker and owns a small coffee shop/restaurant in town.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
No family coming this year. We have no idea; what we are having turkey day. Our best friend who is a chef is fixing our dinner and it will be delivered Wednesday between 1PM-4PM. LOL.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We are spreading our meal out over several days. Finishing a pecan pie today. Tomorrow we’ll do a shrimp ring appetizer as our dinner. Early next week we’ll do butternut squash soup and Cheesecake Factory brown rolls for two meals. Will bake the pumpkin pie on Wednesday and have that for dessert that night. On the Big Day we’ll have a TJ turkey breast and orange cranberry sauce, and add smashed red potatoes, stuffing and gravy and peas. Mom called Monday to tell us Dad (on hospice) is now gagging at each meal, and I can’t take that so to avoid a scene out of a Montt Python movie we are staying home. Will drop turkey, cran-orange and several loaves of pumpkin and date nut bread at their house tomorrow.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Just the two of us this year. I sent this to a friend earlier today:

We tend to eat a lot of chicken and turkey, and I'm a bit tired of it. So we're going to do a pork loin in the crock pot for Thanksgiving dinner. (I found a recipe using apple slices, cinnamon, honey, and onion that sounds awesome.) Scalloped potatoes, some kind of green vegetable, Costco pumpkin pie (of course!) for dessert. Thanksgiving-traditionalist Jeff wants stuffing and gravy, so we'll do a Stove Top packaged thing, and I'll make some sort of pork gravy to go with it. Should make a nice dinner for the two of us. I see leftovers in my future. :)

Dave

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Today we moved the 20-lb. frozen turkey from the freezer to the fridge, so it can start thawing.

The Thanksgiving side-dishes & desserts, etc., are still to be determined.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Herb Roasted Turkey
Smoked Chicken Sausage Gravy
Slow Roasted Pork Shank
Pomegranate Sherry Sauce
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Sage And Rosemary Stuffing
French Potato Rolls with Honey Fig Butter
Creamed Corn
Fresh Baked Apple Blossom

$45.00 for the above dinner for two from a local restaurant for take out.

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just the two of us this year. I sent this to a friend earlier today:

We tend to eat a lot of chicken and turkey, and I'm a bit tired of it. So we're going to do a pork loin in the crock pot for Thanksgiving dinner. (I found a recipe using apple slices, cinnamon, honey, and onion that sounds awesome.) Scalloped potatoes, some kind of green vegetable, Costco pumpkin pie (of course!) for dessert. Thanksgiving-traditionalist Jeff wants stuffing and gravy, so we'll do a Stove Top packaged thing, and I'll make some sort of pork gravy to go with it. Should make a nice dinner for the two of us. I see leftovers in my future. :)

Dave

Let us know how the pork loin turns out and please share the recipe if you would recommend it. :)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We’re going out to Hiro’s, just me and my wife. They have great outdoor dining and a really good spread. They have a Fresh Poke bar and Turkey, Ham and Pork. We ate there last Thanksgiving too.

Last edited:

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
I'm cooking a traditional turkey dinner for 5 of us, my daughter that lives with us and daughter and son in law who are in our “pod” because we babysit our granddaughter. The menu isn't exciting but it will remind me of the comfort of long past Thanksgivings when my mother cooked a similar meal. Best part will be the homemade pumpkin pie and an apple tart!

Since I'll have lots of leftovers from the 14 lb. turkey, I was planning to pick up ingredients to make an enchilada casserole that calls for green enchilada sauce, I was surprised to see that the shelves were almost bare in the Mexican section of my local store with no enchilada sauce of any type available!

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Well, we tried to split up our group into smaller groups but there are so many of us. We are down to eight adults and three little kids, all family, no friends. Three other groups are about the same depending on kid count. We usually have about forty to fifty people coming and going so this year will be odd.

The meal is turkey, but only one turkey. It will be pellet smoked in the Dan Boone bbq. Only one pie. Only one kind of potato. Only one salad. Only one veggie dish. Probably no desert except for the one pie. Even with only one of these things there should be plenty of left overs.

Bill

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Turkey- roasted
Stuffing- from a box
Gravy- from scratch
Mashed potatoes- homemade
Green Beans- frozen
Cranberry Sauce- homemade
Brown and serve rolls
and Pumpkin pie (previously frozen) for dessert

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is for Thanksgiving... picking up at noon on same day. Everything will be hot. We picked "traditional roasted" turkey and the pumpkin pie. We have invited a couple to join us.
1605918180794.png

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Just the three of us at home. Prime rib, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans and pumpkin pie. All made at home...well, no, the pie will be store bought.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I absolutely love Turkey and all the Sides. For the two of us I normally cook a 20 to 25 pound Turkey with Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Pumpkin Pie, etc. I can eat Turkey Sandwiches 3 meals a day for weeks. After several days Patti will make Goop.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We are having our son over, actually he has been staying with us for a part of the pandemic.
Making a Turkey Breast, stuffing, Mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, turkey gravy, carrots, salad, rolls, cranberry sauce and Apple Cider. We got mini peach and cherry pies for dessert.
Looking forward to a quiet day.
Oh, also we are planning two Zoom calls with family on Wednesday and Thursday evening.
Happy Thanksgiving to all Tuggers!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m only cooking for two but can’t imagine not having a turkey. Got the smallest I could find at 15lbs. Will roast it then potion out leftovers to freeze for soup etc. later.

Skipping some of the sides. We usually have three starches but dropping down to one (mashed potatoes). Will roast some Brussels sprouts and make fresh cranberry sauce to go with.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Normally, we are in Puerto Vallarta with the younger son and his wife with friends that we have met over the years. This is our first Thanksgiving in 10 years to be home.

We are going to our older son's home - 3 blocks away. His wife is excited to be doing Thanksgiving for us this year. She will be making stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole chocolate pie and pecan pie this year! I am proud of her. Son is frying a turkey and smoking a ham that we had stored in his freezer.. I am making rolls, cheesy hashbrown potato casserole, and pumpkin pie. Other son & wife are bringing wine and appetizers. This is a lot of food for just 8 people this year, but everyone put in their favorite dish and she put them all on the menu. I will probably add some cranberry sauce just because. :)

We see the ones who live 3 blocks away every week and the other ones are "safe" as they work from home and she had surgery last week, so no issues with Covid with them. We will have a nice day. The son hosting has a huge home and we will be outside quite a bit as the forecast is 73 :). I will most likely be watching the outside TV while watching KU/Gonzaga play basketball and will be so thankful to finally see my Jayhawks play again. I do not even care ablut the outcome - I just want to see my guys!

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
OK here's our menu for the six of us. We're hosting our son, DIL and two grandsons who live about 15 minutes from us. We are together about three days each week and sometimes babysit the boys.

Everything will be homemade. I have a 16 pound turkey that I will smoke on my Big Green Egg. The turkey will be brined for about 12 hours with brine made by my son. Our DIL will make rosemary rolls in a cast iron skillet and charred Brussels sprouts with goat cheese and pancetta. My wife is making the dressing and pumpkin pie. I'll add the customary green bean casserole and some mac & cheese so our picky 4-year old guest will at least have something we know he enjoys!