• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Horizons a Holiday Inn Club Vacations Deedback information - give your HICV timeshare back

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
Just contacted them today about giving back 15,000 points at HICV Lake Geneva. We will see how it goes.

Rocklee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club & Wyndham Discovery
How did this work out for you? We are trying to deed ours back also. They said we have to pay $136. 00 before we get anymore information.

Rocklee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is how it worked for me. My fees were due 1/1. They told us if we returned the paperwork before that, we would not get a bill. That is how it happened.
Good luck to you. I'm sorry that you feel you did not get your money's worth out of it, but if you stick around here and join TUG (well worth your $15 investment) you will learn so much about affordable vacations.
Did you have to pay a fee? They want $136 to get started.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Did you have to pay a fee? They want $136 to get started.
There shouldn't be a fee but you have to have no mortgage and you have to be up to date with your MF's and membership fees.

Rocklee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There shouldn't be a fee but you have to have no mortgage and you have to be up to date with your MF's and membership fees.
We don't have a mortgage and all fees are paid up. Maybe its something new?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
We don't have a mortgage and all fees are paid up. Maybe its something new?
It could be but it is odd that they won't give you more info unless you pay. It's one thing to charge $136 to do a deed back and another to ask for $136 in order to get information about a deed back. I would ask them what the $136 is for and if it would be refunded if you decide not to deedback.

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
How did this work out for you? We are trying to deed ours back also. They said we have to pay $136. 00 before we get anymore information.
sounds like it could be your yearly membership fee is due. What do you own?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
have never heard of HICV asking for a fee to get deedback information, are you sure you were talking to the correct department?

that said, as the end of the year gets closer we have seen many resorts asking for owners to pay the 2021 maint fees as part of the deedback arrangement!

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
LOL. I didn't have to pay anything. I received the paperwork, took it to my bank to have it notarized, sent it priority mail to track it and 3 weeks later they told me the notary stamp was to large and had crossed some mysterious line on the page so it couldn't be processed and I would have to redo everything. They sent the paperwork again and COVID-19 hit. I haven't been back to the bank.

rmidgett

Reaction score
We are in the process of returning our fully paid for timeshare to HIVC. It took several efforts to get their attention; emailing the from found at https://holidayinnclub.com/horizons AND calling them on the phone at the numbers on that form page finally worked. The phone line is constantly busy. I finally started calling them first thing at 9AM EST. If you call early in the day and don't get a human right away, the automated system will give you the option of having an agent return your call without losing your place in the queue. Be sure to keep your phone nearby & the battery charged if you choose this option. That was the option that finally worked for me.

Once I got to speak to a human, it was Kristina and she has so far been very helpful. We had two weeks deposited which we had to release back to Orange Lake before the deed back could begin. I was told that release could take up to 7-10 days; fortunately it didn't. Kristina committed to monitoring our account for that release and emailed me as soon as it happened. In the subsequent call from Kristina we started the deed back process. Currently we're awaiting the paperwork via FedEx. Once that's in hand we must sign it, have it notarized & return it. We emphasized the desire to expedite the process because if the deed back isn't completed by year's end we're on the hook for the 2022 maintenance fees, which we want to avoid. Kristina could not guarantee the deed back to complete in time, saying it could take up to 12 weeks, but since HIVC and Orange Lake are in the same county it could proceed much faster, allowing us to avoid the 2022 fees.

More as it develops.

jupe

TUG Member
Reaction score
how is this going? icalled in august and they said it wass in process, but no fedex from HICV. I called in October and was told it would be expedited, but still no fedex from HICV. I am on the phone right now....

Happytravels

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
Wanted to get the word at ASAP:
Here is another hit from the HICV
COPIED FROM THE ORAGNE LAKE FB PAGE!!
1f7e5.png
ALERT
1f7e5.png

HORIZONS is no longer FREE!
HICV developed their Horizons program because “scammers” were charging owners to surrender their deeds for money. Orange Lake Inc. prided itself in offering FREE relief to its owners by accepting (without reimbursement) free & clear deeds/contracts for $0 to be placed into the developer’s Florida Land Trust rental/sales portfolio.
HORIZONS, as of November 15, 2021, is now charging $500 per deed/contract to owners who are surrendering their free & clear timeshare ownerships for reimbursement of $0, no matter how much you paid as a buy-in cost or assessed value of your deed/contract.
Deeds/contracts with outstanding balances are surrendered via foreclosure.

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
So the cost will just be passed onto the ones desperately just trying to stop drowning.
just poking the last fork in profiting off the vulnerable.

sick excuse to profit again HICV

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is my update, hot off the presses:

Happytravels is right, as I just learned. The fee is NOW $500 per contract to use the Horizons process. I have 3 contracts, so it would be $1500!!! Heck, they are starting to sound like one of the resellers (Viking ship) companies for goodness sakes.

I asked the following questions, and here are the responses:

1. I have 3 contracts, can I transfer one or two and keep the others? YES entirely up to me
2. My DH is now deceased. How do I handle his name on the contract? They need a copy of the death certificate in order to process the warranty deed.
3. Since I am getting ready to pay my 2022 MF, can I use the points before I transfer? This answer is a bit more complicated. I must be completely current in order to start the process. So I pay my fees for 2022, but then I must relinquish all usage on my contracts.
4. Even after I have paid my 2022 fees, I must give up the usage/points? YES
5. So what other options? I can wait until Sept 2022 and begin the process then. That way I do NOT have to pay my 2023 fees which will come due shortly thereafter. This way, I have gotten usage on my account/points, don't pay future fees, and the long process begins.
6. What option do I have if I don't want to pay the $500 per contract to transfer ($1500 for my three)? Then I can stop payment, and my contract will go into foreclosure for collection of the MF only. This process will take a few years. But at least if I am paying for my 3 contracts, I get to use them and transfer them to IHG for usage in the future.

I am leaning toward NOT paying an additional $1500 Horizon transfer fee and keeping the membership for now. I may also stop payment for MF for 2023 and take the risk. I WILL pay my current 2022 MF fees and get my usage on the points. Also if I do this, I might keep one of my points packages just to stay in the system.

I know it's a lot posted here. What advice and thoughts do any of you have on all of this info? You know that I really appreciate TUGGER'S advice.

Thanks!
sandy

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is my update, hot off the presses:

Happytravels is right, as I just learned. The fee is NOW $500 per contract to use the Horizons process. I have 3 contracts, so it would be $1500!!! Heck, they are starting to sound like one of the resellers (Viking ship) companies for goodness sakes.

I asked the following questions, and here are the responses:

1. I have 3 contracts, can I transfer one or two and keep the others? YES entirely up to me
2. My DH is now deceased. How do I handle his name on the contract? They need a copy of the death certificate in order to process the warranty deed.
3. Since I am getting ready to pay my 2022 MF, can I use the points before I transfer? This answer is a bit more complicated. I must be completely current in order to start the process. So I pay my fees for 2022, but then I must relinquish all usage on my contracts.
4. Even after I have paid my 2022 fees, I must give up the usage/points? YES
5. So what other options? I can wait until Sept 2022 and begin the process then. That way I do NOT have to pay my 2023 fees which will come due shortly thereafter. This way, I have gotten usage on my account/points, don't pay future fees, and the long process begins.
6. What option do I have if I don't want to pay the $500 per contract to transfer ($1500 for my three)? Then I can stop payment, and my contract will go into foreclosure for collection of the MF only. This process will take a few years. But at least if I am paying for my 3 contracts, I get to use them and transfer them to IHG for usage in the future.

I am leaning toward NOT paying an additional $1500 Horizon transfer fee and keeping the membership for now. I may also stop payment for MF for 2023 and take the risk. I WILL pay my current 2022 MF fees and get my usage on the points. Also if I do this, I might keep one of my points packages just to stay in the system.

I know it's a lot posted here. What advice and thoughts do any of you have on all of this info? You know that I really appreciate TUGGER'S advice.

Thanks!
sandy
You don't have to wait until Sept 2022. You could pay your 2022 MF;s and book something for Jan/Feb or as earliest as you see something you might want to use or rent out or transfer to IHG and then immediately after start the deed back process.

One thing to keep in mind for #6 as soon as you default on one of the contracts, you will be locked out of using any HICV points for all 3 contracts most likely.

Are they charging the same $500 if you transfer the deeds to someone else? If not you might be able to find someone to give one or more away to next year.

As bad as the $500 per contract is, it could be worse. Diamond charges $1000 per contract and will only allow a deedback (even with the fee) if you bought from the developer directly.

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
When I surrendered my deed, I transferred my points to IHG points, leaving them to take an empty account. Would this be an option for you?

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is exactly what I want to do, pay for and keep my points. See #4 above. They told me NO. But your message gives me hope. Plus, it makes sense. Otherwise why would I pay for my points and then just give them to Horizons???

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
You don't have to wait until Sept 2022. You could pay your 2022 MF;s and book something for Jan/Feb or as earliest as you see something you might want to use or rent out or transfer to IHG and then immediately after start the deed back process.
JUST what I want to do!

One thing to keep in mind for #6 as soon as you default on one of the contracts, you will be locked out of using any HICV points for all 3 contracts most likely. Thanks for that tip. Good to know. But they can't touch those IHG points that I transferred, right?

Are they charging the same $500 if you transfer the deeds to someone else? If not you might be able to find someone to give one or more away to next year.

As bad as the $500 per contract is, it could be worse. Diamond charges $1000 per contract and will only allow a deedback (even with the fee) if you bought from the developer directly.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is exactly what I want to do, pay for and keep my points. See #4 above. They told me NO. But your message gives me hope. Plus, it makes sense. Otherwise why would I pay for my points and then just give them to Horizons???
You have to give up your points if you still have points when you initiate the deed back. I don't think they will deny the deedback just because you already used the points.

mizverdeize

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Orange Lake Kissimmee, FL
Hi,
For the Horizons program, the mortgage has to be paid in full? I believe I have 5 years left. What are my options? This is a great location at the Kissimmee location but we are not able to use it unfortunately. How do we save our points before cancelling or transferring?

Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, East Village, Kissimmee, FL , Points: 100,000
Orange Lake Resort

Unit: 87762, Week: 38, Size: 2BD-EV, Frequency: Even, Check-in Day: Saturday

HOA: Orange Lake Country Club Villas Condominium Association III, Inc.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yes it must be paid in full to qualify for the deedback program.