• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott, Int'l: All BONVOY Elites Get Free Qualifying Nights [MERGED]

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Free elite nights for everyone. Discounted points booking for July as well.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
I just missed Titanium this past year, so this will really help get me there again.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Very interesting. The free nights are a nice gesture that has minimal costs and will likely spur people to try and hit the next level. I hit 76 nights last year so they means I should receive 38 nights. We’ll see when it shows up.

I agree. I was at just over 50 last year and will probably hit 50 this year as well. With the bonus it should put me over 75.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
DW received the 38 night bonus as well. Which already puts her at 82 nights for the year -- 99 if our December trip to Kauai goes forward (and obviously, we would do a mattress run for the 100th night).

The problem will be that all of us with these bonus nights, elevated status, and suite night awards will be chasing the same limited pool of suites and upgrades during 2021.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Good on Marriott! I can't find an official statement from MI but this is also being reported by The Points Guy and others - if anyone finds the official notice can you please drop the link here? Thanks!

(Quoted from the viewfromthewing.com link)

Elites Members Receiving Free Qualfiying Nights

Marriott already extended everyone’s status so no one with current elite status needs to re-qualify this year. However anyone looking to reach a higher status has a big head start. In late July Marriott will deposit 50% of the elite nights for the status level earned last year.

ELITE STATUS EARNED IN 2019NORMAL REQUIREMENTS50% ELITE NIGHT CREDITS DEPOSIT
Ambassador100 Qualifying Nights and $20k stay spend50 Elite Nights
Titanium75 Qualifying Nights38 Elite Nights
Platinum50 Qualifying Nights25 Elite Nights
Gold25 Qualifying Nights13 Elite Nights
Silver10 Qualifying Nights5 Elite Nights
MemberNot ApplicableNot Applicable

This is on top of the elite credits you receive from Marriott credit cards. In late March Marriott started allowing you to earn 15 elite nights from both their business Amex and from personal cards rather than capping you at 15 total elite nights each year.

What’s more these bonus elite nights count towards lifetime status. For instance, lifetime Platinum is earned after 10 years of Platinum or higher and 600 lifetime nights (including credit card-earned nights).

As a Platinum, then, I receive 30 credit card elite nights and will receive these 25 more elite nights – a total of 55 elite nights without a stay. That earns a Choice Benefit (for crossing 50 nights) too. My Platinum status is already secure for 2021, but just 20 nights (and I already have a few) gets me Titanium. And if my choice benefit is 5 elite nights, I only need 15 actual nights in hotels for Titanium.

Unfortunately they aren’t giving any break on the $20,000 spend requirement. Odd after laying off Ambassador agents they still expect as much spend from you but don’t deliver the promised personalized service.

Last edited:

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks for posting. Very nice gesture by Marriott. They haven’t hit my account yet, but I will keep watching.

Best regards.

Mike

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for posting. Very nice gesture by Marriott. They haven’t hit my account yet, but I will keep watching.

Best regards.

Mike

"... In late July Marriott will deposit ..."

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nothing yet for me but wondering what it will be. I am lifetime titanium but I think I only did 70 nights last year (let my wife take timeshare nights).

Also just got the official email from Marriott with info.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
So does anyone know if you receive a night credit when staying on an annual free stay or a points stay ? The rules keep changing so I wanted to know the latest on this.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
DW received the 38 night bonus as well. Which already puts her at 82 nights for the year -- 99 if our December trip to Kauai goes forward (and obviously, we would do a mattress run for the 100th night).

The problem will be that all of us with these bonus nights, elevated status, and suite night awards will be chasing the same limited pool of suites and upgrades during 2021.
Only mattress run for the 100th night if you will have spent $20k with Marriott Hotels. Unless you also hit $20k in hotel stays, no ambassador status. Now if they included MVC maintenance fees in that spend, I would have ambassador status.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

J&JFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some of you are indicating that you will receive 50% of your "stays" from 2019, however, if I'm interpreting their notification correctly, you will get 50% of the elite status. For example, if you had 60 stays and were at Platinum Elite, you would receive credit for 25 stays not 30. Here is the quoted statement:

50% Elite Night Credits benefit being offered this year?Marriott Bonvoy™ Members who earned Elite Status in 2019 will receive a one-time deposit of 50% of their tier's annual Elite Night Credit requirement, e.g. those Members who achieved Platinum Elite status in 2019 would receive 25 Elite Night Credits in their Account by the end of July.

They reference 50% of their tier's annual elite night credit requirement NOT 50% of your actual stays.

Anyway, I guess we will find out in July how many nights we will each be credited.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Anyone have the list of 5500 properties? I couldn’t seem to find a link.

Marriott Bonvoy will put out over 5,500 properties around the world on an Off-Peak redemption rate for bookings to be made during June 15-30, 2020 for stays through July 31.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Got mine. Here comes platinum.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Nothing yet. Will be good to get another 75 night bonus though.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Nada right now. Still waiting for my 38-night bonus!

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got mine today. Doesn't matter for elite status as I'm lifetime titanium. But I wasn't going to get the 50 night and 75 night bonus, but now I will.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks for the heads up. I received my credits today as well. Will help me hit the 75 night mark again if we make all of our planned road trips. :)

Best regards.

Mike