• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Point Deposit Limits

Melder

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert
I understand Wyndham has softened their deposit rules & fees, due to COVID-19.

I've found myself with 2.25 times my yearly allotment. Does anyone know if I can move more than my yearly allotment into Points Deposit or RCI?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I don't believe there's a limit for depositing into RCI, in fact they are doing that for you automatically now. I've heard rumors about Wyndham allowing PIC points to be Point Deposit eligible, but haven't seen anything on their website about it. It's possible that the CSRs know before the site is updated, but not uniformly so.

What Wyndham has on their site right now on the subject is:

Points Deposit
The Use Year deposit window for your points has been temporarily extended to the last day of your points expiration date. The quickest and easiest way to deposit your points is online.
All fees will be waived and fees already paid by owners who have made their deposit as of March 13, 2020, will be refunded within 45 days.

Expiring Points
Expiring points will be automatically deposited into RCI at the end of your Use Year. No action is needed on your part, and your points will be extended for two more years of travel within RCI.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I understand Wyndham has softened their deposit rules & fees, due to COVID-19.

I've found myself with 2.25 times my yearly allotment. Does anyone know if I can move more than my yearly allotment into Points Deposit or RCI?
No limit on how many points can be deposited into RCI. It costs $239 to book a reservation but points needed are less then what it would be booking room with Wyndham. Over all I find RCI to be a very good value. Once deposited into RCI you have 2 years to use the points and you can extend the use for a additional year if needed. Last time I extended points it cost $99. This cost is for any amount of points you wish to extend.

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is actually good....no action needed on points that will "disappear" if you forget to RCI deposit them.

Does this notice also mean we can use the "roll forward to another specified year" up into the last day? (Can't tell if they are saying just RCI or the "roll" feature.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
It's good, but if you are VIPG or VIPP it would likely not include the upgrade benefit. To get that you have to call in and explain to them how to accomplish it (e.g., check the upgrade box and do it in increments of 35,000 points, resulting in 63,000 Wyndham-RCI points for each increment). If you're VIPG or VIPP it's worth doing it yourself.

Not really sure what you're asking about the "roll forward" quote. The options you have are deposit to RCI or the Point Deposit Feature(PDF). PDF ordinarily must be accomplished in the first 3 months for non-VIP, first 6 months for VIPS, first 9 months for VIPG or anytime in the use year for VIPP. They have extended the deadline to anytime in the use year for all, though there isn't an indication when that would end. As a result, if you are non-VIP and you have a use year that ends in June, September, or December, while you ordinarily wouldn't be able to PDF points to next year or the year after, you can now. If you are non-VIP and have a use year ending in March, you would be in the first 3 months and would be able to do it anyway since it is April. They did this right before the end of March, which is when many people's use year was ending - they haven't changed it yet, but could do so in the future when things change. There isn't a time limit for RCI deposits, it just has to be during the use year.

Arb

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
To get that you have to call in and explain to them how to accomplish it (e.g., check the upgrade box and do it in increments of 35,000 points, resulting in 63,000 Wyndham-RCI points for each increment).
Is there a charge to deposit each 35K increment? Are the points merged once they are all deposited to RCI?
Thanks for any help with this. Long, long ago, I would deposit points to weeks and get great trades, but I haven't tried depositing points to RCI points. I'm VIPG, by the way.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Each time you deposit, it is a reservation transaction. Of course, as VIPG you have unlimited reservation transactions and unlimited housekeeping. The only charge is the points.

Once the points are in RCI, they'll show up as being available with an expiration date about two years in the future. I'm not really sure how they pick the anniversary month for the Wyndham-RCI point expiration; my Wyndham use year ends in September, but my Wyndham-RCI expiration date is the end of June. When you go through the Wyndham portal to RCI and look it may be a bit confusing because it will show you a total amount of points available that includes ones you've deposited as well as ones that are available to be automatically drawn into RCI by making an exchange. You can see the expiration dates for the points by going to the account details page.

The way the upgrade benefit works is for a one-size upgrade in the quiet or value seasons. The best percentage increase is for a quiet season studio at 35,000 points to a 1 BR at 63,000 points. There are other options available, but the increase is lower for those. You don't actually have to use the points for a quiet season 1 BR; it's a bit of a relic from an older benefit that they don't do any more in the way it was originally set up.

Reactions: Arb

Arb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Each time you deposit, it is a reservation transaction. Of course, as VIPG you have unlimited reservation transactions and unlimited housekeeping. The only charge is the points.

Once the points are in RCI, they'll show up as being available with an expiration date about two years in the future. I'm not really sure how they pick the anniversary month for the Wyndham-RCI point expiration; my Wyndham use year ends in September, but my Wyndham-RCI expiration date is the end of June. When you go through the Wyndham portal to RCI and look it may be a bit confusing because it will show you a total amount of points available that includes ones you've deposited as well as ones that are available to be automatically drawn into RCI by making an exchange. You can see the expiration dates for the points by going to the account details page.

The way the upgrade benefit works is for a one-size upgrade in the quiet or value seasons. The best percentage increase is for a quiet season studio at 35,000 points to a 1 BR at 63,000 points. There are other options available, but the increase is lower for those. You don't actually have to use the points for a quiet season 1 BR; it's a bit of a relic from an older benefit that they don't do any more in the way it was originally set up.
Thank you so much. And I must do this on the phone, right?

Melder

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert
Thank you.

The question was... "Does anyone know if I can move more than my yearly allotment into Points Deposit or RCI?"

What I'm hearing is...

RCI - yes
Points Deposit - unknown

Correct?

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
Just go to the points deposit and see what it allows you to do. You dont have to go through with it, it will tell you what is available

Melder

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert
Just go to the points deposit and see what it allows you to do. You dont have to go through with it, it will tell you what is available

That would require me to cancel reservations to test.

It would be ideal to know if I can Points Deposit more than my yearly allotment before I cancel.

Is there anyone who can test this theory?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because there is no fee to deposit, you can do it incrementally, and have at most one reservation at risk.

However, unless you have PIC points or some other unusual situation, I think the answer is no.

Melder

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert
Thanks. I Points Deposited a lot of points into 2020 for a big family get together in July that's likely not going to happen.

So, best case...

Points Deposit - 1x "yearly allotment"
RCI - remaining "yearly allotment" (1.25x)

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score

Also, there has to be points in the "pool" for it to work.if you get a VC that knows how it works you can ask.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Because there is no fee to deposit, you can do it incrementally, and have at most one reservation at risk.

However, unless you have PIC points or some other unusual situation, I think the answer is no.

From what I was told by a VIP vacation planner, they are allowing PIC points to be rolled over but at that time, they were not allowing roll over points to be rolled over again. One of the executives told me things were done in a case by case basis. So roll over points might be allowed to be rolled over again. Not sure what cases they would do that for. Possibly if they were close to the end of their use year and it was impossible to use them. People with use years that end June 30th might be able to roll over points that were already rolled over because resorts are closed until May 15th (possibly longer). However, they may not do it for people who’s use year ends December 31st because they still have at least six months to use them, assuming they open by June 1, which is questionable at the moment. Of course availability being more limited then usual might help make the case of not having the opportunity to use those points before the end of the use year.

This is purely speculation at the moment. I have not heard anyone say they were given the option to roll over points that were already rolled over, but I’m not sure how many people are in that situation.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
Has anyone done the 35K to 63K upgrade in recent weeks with RCI. I have 175,000 points that will not be used this year and can't be deposited (already moved the max) with Wyndham. I'm thinking I should move those before the new VIP program is released. Thanks.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Has anyone done the 35K to 63K upgrade in recent weeks with RCI. I have 175,000 points that will not be used this year and can't be deposited (already moved the max) with Wyndham. I'm thinking I should move those before the new VIP program is released. Thanks.
Do it now as quiet season upgrades are going away. I confirmed that today.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank You!!! I just did 35000 to a Quiet Season Studio for starters. The VC indicated that the upgrade would happen on the RCI side. Thought I'd see if 1 works then go for the rest. Will know within 48 hours.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did the Quiet Studio move yesterday, 35,000 points. Asked the VC about the upgrade and was told that this would happen on the RCI side. Well, today, the 35,000 points are in RCI. But only 35,000 points. When does the upgrade to 63,000 points actually appear/happen? Will I need to call RCI? I had to move the points as I won't be using them in 2020, but do want to maximize the value. The upgrade benefit, if it works, is a real positive. As and FYI, I'm VIPP.

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did the Quiet Studio move yesterday, 35,000 points. Asked the VC about the upgrade and was told that this would happen on the RCI side. Well, today, the 35,000 points are in RCI. But only . When does the upgrade to 63,000 points actually appear/happen? Will I need to call RCI? I had to move the points as I won't be using them in 2020, but do want to maximize the value. The upgrade benefit, if it works, is a real positive. As and FYI, I'm VIPP.
No, don't call RCI. They will not know what your talking about. What the VC meant was that the points will show up in two days. If they don't, then call Wyndham. You have to talk to customer care.

regatta333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland

Why is this going away and when? Do you have any details? I have seen no announcement on this and this has been a VIP benefit for years.

Reactions: Arb

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Why is this going away and when? Do you have any details? I have seen no announcement on this and this has been a VIP benefit for years.

The announcement about the new VIP benefits showed that benefit was missing, along with a couple of others. I talked to someone on the product development team who said it was not used a lot, so they decided to take it away.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because Wyndham never told anyone about it. On the clubWyndham facebook page send Wyndham feedback. I have been an owner since '83 always saw it but could never unstand it until two years ago when at an update. It was explained in writing. I either book a Wyndham and look for alternatives through RCI. Or where Wyndham is not. Like Quebec.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m definitely need to try to understand this upgrade points through RCI deal. Definitely RCI rep has no idea what your talking about as I tried this earlier this month for an exchange in November. There was a studio and a 1 bedroom for the same dates I needed. I assumed I could book the studio and then be upgraded to a 1 bedroom. RCI rep said yes, but they do that at the resort if a larger unit is available. Come on we all know it doesn’t wrk that way right? So what I’m reading in this thread is owner VIPG and higher call Wyndham to deposit points to RCI and at that time ask for an upgrade in points? I’m so very confused on this issue. I know how to deposit to RCI online using the Portal. The whole upgrade thing has me stumped. Also I’m positive Wyndham deposited points to my RCI account in 2019 at end of year that I should not I have available as I was already borrowing points from my 2020 year to make 2019 reservations. Score one for me lol