• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Reminder: Point saving/deposit deadline coming up for non-VIP Jan use years

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
With everything that is going on, just a reminder that the deadline for depositing points forward in a non-VIP January UY is coming up next week. It is possible that Wyndham will be forgiving if you miss it, but I would definitely not bet on it.

There are inevitably going to be some current-year points that are not able to be used, no matter what you do with them. Resorts that are closed are backed with points for those closure dates, and they can't all be used on other dates, because those dates are spoken for too. Some of these unused points will come from owners who aren't able to travel for their own reasons. But, others will go unused because there aren't enough options left before expiration. Think now about how to maintain flexibility for your most likely travel needs!

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had to cancel a 90k reservation for April and made one on Sept for 75k in its place. Also booked Nashville Wed-Sun at Christmas. That left me about 120k to move to 2021. Now I have 290k to use in 2021. I might be springing for a 2BR in Alexandria at the end of March next year!

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I already used up about 375k of my 600k 2020 points by borrowing last year:). I only book 90 days out for unforseen circumstances. If you know you will have availability for what you need 90 days out, its a great strategy in case you can't travel. The points I still have for 2020 were for my rentals, which sucks because I wasn't expecting to have to pay for my maintenance fees this year :cautious:

You can always dump into RCI 12/31 and it will give them up to an extra 2 years of life. If you're like me and you used more housekeeping credits then points, it's a better plan because you only have to deposit 1 credit per 2,000 points. I'll just use what I have extra to stay in DVC when a vaccine is made :D.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I tend to deposit my extra points as the least expensive 1 BR weeks I can in locations that are in demand into SFX. I know some folks have difficulty finding good exchanges through them, but I typically use them for extra weeks to add on to the ones I own in some Mexican resorts. The weeks are generally good for 3 years and they will often extend an older one another year when you deposit one. It takes a bit more planning and wouldn't work for points expiring March 31st as they don't accept weeks less than 2 months out, but it works for me now as I've got a September 30 anniversary date with Wyndham. I don't really have all that high hopes that things will be back to normal anytime soon, so have been depositing my 2020 points with them.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I already used up about 375k of my 600k 2020 points by borrowing last year:). I only book 90 days out for unforseen circumstances. If you know you will have availability for what you need 90 days out, its a great strategy in case you can't travel. The points I still have for 2020 were for my rentals, which sucks because I wasn't expecting to have to pay for my maintenance fees this year :cautious:

You can always dump into RCI 12/31 and it will give them up to an extra 2 years of life. If you're like me and you used more housekeeping credits then points, it's a better plan because you only have to deposit 1 credit per 2,000 points. I'll just use what I have extra to stay in DVC when a vaccine is made :D.
I loved the RCI option for use of Wyndham points. RCI reservation fee to book is $239 but you can usually find many Wyndham resorts like the Grand Desert available if you plan far enough out. The RCI Points needed for a 1 bedroom weekly stay are 105,000 or 77,000 compared to the 154,000 points needed when booking through Wyndham. The option of depositing points to RCI before I sold a deed worked very well for the way I used my ownership. I would deposit points to RCI and utilize points without the burden of paying maintenance fees. Most of the reservations I made were for the 77,000 points giving me 2 weeks of vacation for the 154,000 Wyndham points deposited. Net cost was $239 per week.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Is Vidanta among them? What is the resort fee structure there through SFX?

Yes. It’s been $75 per week; I haven’t checked in a couple of months, though.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
Deadline is 3/31/2020 for non-VIP members with a Jan. 1 use year to deposit THIS years points to next year.

I paid $39 to do this online today. It only took about a minute and that included finding my credit card to pay the fee. $39 is well worth it for the extension as I don't think I'm going anywhere soon. And if I do, it would be within the Express period for booking and I'll just borrow from my next use year.

Thinking about putting my Thanksgiving Massanuttan 4-BR week into RCI, but I'm going to wait a bit to see if things settle down and I can rent it out.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deadline is 3/31/2020 for non-VIP members with a Jan. 1 use year to deposit THIS years points to next year.

I paid $39 to do this online today. It only took about a minute and that included finding my credit card to pay the fee. $39 is well worth it for the extension as I don't think I'm going anywhere soon. And if I do, it would be within the Express period for booking and I'll just borrow from my next use year.

Thinking about putting my Thanksgiving Massanuttan 4-BR week into RCI, but I'm going to wait a bit to see if things settle down and I can rent it out.
Very wise decision for most non VIP owners. Hopefully resorts can open April 30. At this time June maybe a little more realistic knowing NY is 21 days from their apex and most everyone else is 2-3 weeks behind them.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I deposited everything I own in the 2020 year (weeks and Wyndham points) into a mix of RCI and my 2022 UY. We are holding out hope for a trip to Kauai over the December holidays, but we will see.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I'm just going to see what I can still rent out to make up for what I lost. If I can't end up renting this year, I will just deposit into RCI and stay at a DVC the following summer.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to see what I can still rent out to make up for what I lost. If I can't end up renting this year, I will just deposit into RCI and stay at a DVC the following summer.
Points Deposit
The Use Year deposit window for your points has been temporarily extended to the last day of your points expiration date. The quickest and easiest way to deposit your points is online.
All fees will be waived and fees already paid by owners who have made their deposit as of March 13, 2020, will be refunded within 45 days.

Expiring Points
Expiring points will be automatically deposited into RCI at the end of your Use Year. No action is needed on your part, and your points will be extended for two more years of travel within RCI.

Wyndham Rewards
All Wyndham Rewards points conversion fees are temporarily waived and you can covert Club Wyndham points to Wyndham Rewards even if you used the program in the last calendar year.
Call the Vacation Planning Center at 855-670-0758 to convert your points.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was surprised it still let me deposit my points into next year. Standard resale member. Book two vacations this week and had 20k points left. I thought I would just lose them. It was free also so I am happy!

Jan 1 is when my use year starts.

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I was surprised it still let me deposit my points into next year. Standard resale member. Book two vacations this week and had 20k points left. I thought I would just lose them. It was free also so I am happy!
They did put out a notice saying they were extending the deadline and waiving the fee. That is above and beyond in my opinion since they are not at fault for the virus closing things, and have no obligation to make exceptions. I think many are relieved and happy with this.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
They did put out a notice saying they were extending the deadline and waiving the fee. That is above and beyond in my opinion since they are not at fault for the virus closing things, and have no obligation to make exceptions. I think many are relieved and happy with this.

Awesome, I must have missed that notice.

planzfortomorrow

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just canceled my Hawaii trip today, as the airline cancelled the flight for early June a couple of days ago. Last I saw was Hawaii would require a 14 day quarantine for any in-coming visitors. So I'm happy the airlines cancelled & I can hopefully get my money back from my flight, and I can forward the 434K Wyndham points I suddenly have to next year. I think some of those points have already been pushed forward once, so not sure if Wyndham will allow it. And it's past the date allowed too, so glad to see others have managed to salvage their points after the deadline. I agree that wyndham didn't necessarily have to do this, but it's nice that they did. It's outside of everyone's control. The cancelled points are not back in my account yet, so I'll probably have to wait until tomorrow to see where they end up.

If I can transfer, the next issue would be finding enough leave & places to use up a huge gob of points for whichever year they go to.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think some of those points have already been pushed forward once, so not sure if Wyndham will allow it.
You can move up to your total annual allocation, subject to a few other restrictions. For example, if you used any of those same UY points for ARP bookings, it looks like that might reduce the total commensurately. But, you should be able to do it online, and it will tell you the maximum you can move.

If I can transfer, the next issue would be finding enough leave & places to use up a huge gob of points for whichever year they go to.
That's where we are too. We already had a bit of a backlog and this will pile it up. But, as long as we get back to "regular use" soon, we will be using enough that we can keep pushing some forward and eventually catch up. Alternatively, we are thinking about some uses that tend to soak up assets. For example we got a 3BR penthouse at HGVC Lagoon in Oahu in 2016 via RCI Weeks. That took a combination of deposits that was near the maximum possible value, but was well worth it. I am thinking about doing something similar for e.g. 2022, the year my youngest graduates from college.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can move up to your total annual allocation, subject to a few other restrictions. For example, if you used any of those same UY points for ARP bookings, it looks like that might reduce the total commensurately. But, you should be able to do it online, and it will tell you the maximum you can move.

From the thread on Updated COVID-19 Announcement (emphasis added):

I got a notice that my May 9th trip would be canceled. It's still there. Waiting to see how long it takes them to autocancel it. Maybe they wait until right before check-in day? BTW, a rep told me they are allowing PIC points to be rolled over. They usually are not eligible for rollover. If my August trip gets canceled, I hope she is right. If she is, I will still have almost 700,000 worth of rollover points I'll have to burn off before the end of the year or dump into RCI. That's a lot of RCI rooms, but they would cost me $239 each.

Probably best to check with a rep or try to do it online if you have more points to move.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
i tried to point deposit at 1125 pm central time today 3/31 but wyndham says my deposit time frame has passed. Does wyndham use eastern time for point deposit time frame?

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
i tried to point deposit at 1125 pm central time today 3/31 but wyndham says my deposit time frame has passed. Does wyndham use eastern time for point deposit time frame?
Oof, yeah I think you missed it by 25 minutes. You can try calling and explain what happened and see if they will do anything for you since we’re only 1 day past at this point.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Yes, they use ET.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
i called the next day, on hold for almost 2 hours. they did make a one time exception and allowed me to point deposit to 2025. Next time i will remember not to do it last minute