• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Updated COVID-19 announcement

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
And they still aren't offering free point deposit? I still haven't gotten back any reservation tokens for my cancelled reservations even though the announcement says 72 hrs.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
And they still aren't offering free point deposit? I still haven't gotten back any reservation tokens for my cancelled reservations even though the announcement says 72 hrs.
Doesn't look like it. The announcement was updated yesterday. I didn't list all the resorts affected because it sure looks to me like all of them now, and no individual dates by resort so one would assume April 30th for all. One would think people weren't checking in, interesting that people are still staying at some of the resorts.

Updated March 23, 2020
At Club Wyndham, we care about the safety and well-being of our owners, guests, and associates. The teams are working diligently to provide you with the latest developments relating to COVID-19. Please see below for details on our flexible cancellation policy, impacted resorts, and more.

Resort Closures
Check-ins are currently restricted at a number of resorts through April 30, 2020.
If you have an upcoming reservation at one of the impacted resorts, we will cancel your reservation for you – you do not need to take any action. Your vacation points, housekeeping credits, and reservation transaction(s) will be returned to your account within 72 hours.
Click here to view a list of impacted resorts.
As this situation constantly develops, we encourage you to reschedule your upcoming stays with check-in dates through April 30, 2020 — even if your reservation is not at a resort that is currently impacted. Your owner website is the fastest way to cancel an existing reservation and rebook for new dates with no penalty.
In accordance with guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that limits gatherings of people, beginning March 17, 2020, and across all resorts, food and beverage operations, amenities such as pools, hot tubs, saunas, fitness centers, business centers, activities rooms, etc. will be closed. Any gatherings will be cancelled. Grocery and food delivery will be restricted or not allowed.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
During this quickly evolving situation, we are providing additional flexibility for your travel plans.
If you need to cancel an upcoming reservation with an arrival date prior to May 15, 2020, you can do so online without penalty up to 24 hours prior to your scheduled arrival. Your vacation points, housekeeping credits, and reservation transaction(s) will be returned to your account within 72 hours of receiving your cancellation request.
Your owner website is the fastest way to cancel an existing reservation and rebook for new dates with no penalty.
Make Travel Updates Online
As many owners have questions or need to make changes to their upcoming reservations, the Vacation Planning Center is experiencing a very large number of incoming phone calls and emails – which means longer than usual response times.
The quickest and easiest way to update your vacation plans is online. Visit the My Reservations section of your owner website to cancel an existing reservation and rebook for new dates with no penalty.
We ask that you check your owner website for updates rather than calling, so your Vacation Planning Guides are able to assist your fellow owners who are experiencing interruptions or cancellations for vacations within the next 72 hours.
New Reservations for Future Stays
We are currently not accepting any new reservations at any resorts for check-in dates now through April 30, 2020.
You are welcome to make new reservations for check-in dates on or after April 30, 2020. Your owner website is the fastest way to make a new reservation.
Get the Latest Updates
As the COVID-19 situation continues to change, please check this page for the most up-to-date information. All urgent news and the latest vacation impacts will be communicated here.
Serving our owners is an amazing privilege. We can’t wait to welcome you back on vacation.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
I called in and used the contact us website for, on the myclubwyndham website. It got back to me.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
One would think people weren't checking in, interesting that people are still staying at some of the resorts.
Wyndham Smokies has also stopped taking check-ins. As people check out thats it through April 30th (current projection).

They have still had quite a few people working .. front desk says they have been made whole so far.

It’s super easy to stay 6’ away from others .. more like 60 yards to the nearest person.

Meanwhile, construction workers are still active .. looks like building 15 is getting full new interiors .. cabinets and all are going into the dumpster. I think the same for builing 13.

Bob

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Construction Workers on Resorts are essential.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
What about the sales reps...?

But if the Resorts are closed you do not need sales representatives. Like at Coral Baja after the Hurricane closed the Resort the Sales Staff was laid off.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
There doesn't appear to be a new announcement, but Wyndham is reportedly waiving the points deposit fee right now.

Today. Not yesterday, when I did mine. :rolleyes:

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
I can confirm the above. I just deposited all my remaining points for this year into next year and there was no fee charged. For once my tendency to procrastinate helped me a bit!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
There doesn't appear to be a new announcement, but Wyndham is reportedly waiving the points deposit fee right now.

Today. Not yesterday, when I did mine. :rolleyes:

Looks like you'll be getting the $39 refunded:

Points Deposit
The Use Year deposit window for your points has been temporarily extended to the last day of your points expiration date. The quickest and easiest way to deposit your points is online.
All fees will be waived and fees already paid by owners who have made their deposit as of March 13, 2020, will be refunded within 45 days.

Expiring Points
Expiring points will be automatically deposited into RCI at the end of your Use Year. No action is needed on your part, and your points will be extended for two more years of travel within RCI.

Wyndham Rewards
All Wyndham Rewards points conversion fees are temporarily waived and you can covert Club Wyndham points to Wyndham Rewards even if you used the program in the last calendar year.
Call the Vacation Planning Center at 855-670-0758 to convert your points.

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Points Deposit
The Use Year deposit window for your points has been temporarily extended to the last day of your points expiration date. The quickest and easiest way to deposit your points is online.
All fees will be waived and fees already paid by owners who have made their deposit as of March 13, 2020, will be refunded within 45 days.

Expiring Points
Expiring points will be automatically deposited into RCI at the end of your Use Year. No action is needed on your part, and your points will be extended for two more years of travel within RCI.

Wyndham Rewards
All Wyndham Rewards points conversion fees are temporarily waived and you can covert Club Wyndham points to Wyndham Rewards even if you used the program in the last calendar year.

Where is this posted?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade

Points Deposit
“...temporarily extended to the last day of your points expiration date.”
I am Silver VIP so, apparently, my points deposit expiration date has moved from 6/30 to 12/31 as I have a Jan 1-Dec 31 use year. Since, they’re saying this is a temporary extension, does that mean if I go beyond the 6/30 date, Wyndham could announce the temporary extension is over and I would be in the position of having to use or lose the points this year? Imo, they need to add some detail to that announcement.

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga

Points Deposit

Expiring Points

Wyndham Rewards

Thanks for posting this! I was trying to figure out what to do with our points.

“...temporarily extended to the last day of your points expiration date.”
I am Silver VIP so, apparently, my points deposit expiration date has moved from 6/30 to 12/31 as I have a Jan 1-Dec 31 use year. Since, they’re saying this is a temporary extension, does that mean if I go beyond the 6/30 date, Wyndham could announce the temporary extension is over and I would be in the position of having to use or lose the points this year? Imo, they need to add some detail to that announcement.
Our points expire in June so I went ahead and deposited our points forward in case Wyndham changes their mind. I left our Taos reservation for June in place but I'm not optimistic we'll be using it. We had reservations for spring break in St Thomas for mid-March and I wound up buying points protection at the last minute. 2 days later Wyndham waived those fees, so at this point I say get it while you can!

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I still have 90 days before the June 30 date. We should know a lot more by then and we’ll make a decision. We have a trip scheduled in August and another in October. We’ll either know for sure that we can go or we’ll just deposit them into next year and reschedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhiskeyJack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Expiring Points

Does anybody know if this will apply to previously pooled points as well? I have some expiring this May.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Does anybody know if this will apply to previously pooled points as well? I have some expiring this May.
I expect not, because credit pooled points never could be deposited to RCI.

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
We lost our credit pool points on 3/31 after our 3/22 Taos vacation was cancelled and the majority of the points were returned to the credit pool. Multiple calls to owner care all resulted in the same message that there was nothing they could do with credit pool points regarding extension, etc.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
New update this morning pushes the resort closures out to May 15.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Haven’t seen that yet for WorldMark or Shell.

I’ve seen extended closures from county rulings in Riverside County, CA (Palm Springs etc) and Deschutes County, OR (Bend and SunRiver)

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Haven’t seen that yet for WorldMark or Shell.

I’ve seen extended closures from county rulings in Riverside County, CA (Palm Springs etc) and Deschutes County, OR (Bend and SunRiver)

The list of closures on the Club Wyndham includes WorldMark and Shell ones, so I'd expect it for them in the near term.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark site now reflects May 15th, too.

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
I have had to push out all my reservations. In fact, I had to move a Hawaii vacation from May (that I had planned for a year) out to September and October. Because of the advanced planning needed for Hawaii, I was not able to book the WorldMark units I had previously... Luckily, I was able to re-book the Westin and Hilton portions. But I agree with the comments about extending the deadline to use points.

Which got me to thinking about what will life be like a year from now. What will be the new normal? How will this change as compared to how travel changed after 9/11? I've included my thoughts in a video. I am most interested to learn if my ideas will come to pass so recording it in a video will allow me (if I survive) to look back and see what has changed vs. how I see it changing now.

March 16, 2020
Dear Valued Owner,
As we continue to navigate guidance from local, state and federal public health authorities as well as restrictions being issued by local and state officials, it is important that we keep you updated on how your travel plans and vacation planning services may be impacted. Your health and safety, and that of our associates, is our top priority.
Your Resorts
In support of the recommendations of public officials and social distancing efforts, we are implementing a number of changes to our resort operations.
  • Effective immediately and through March 31, 2020, we are unable to accommodate new requests for reservations at all Club Wyndham, WorldMark by Wyndham, Shell Vacations Club, and Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham resorts.
  • At this time, we are asking all owners with upcoming reservations through March 31, 2020, to consider cancelling their stays. With enhanced restrictions in place, we will be unable to provide you the vacation experience you expect when visiting one of our resorts.
  • In accordance with guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that limits gatherings of people, beginning March 17, 2020, and across all resorts, food and beverage operations, amenities such as pools, hot tubs, saunas, fitness centers, business centers, activities rooms, etc. will be closed. Any gatherings will be cancelled. Grocery and food delivery will be restricted or not allowed.
  • A smaller number of resorts will be restricted from allowing owner check-ins, effective March 20, 2020. This includes all resorts in the following locations: Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, New York, Utah (Park City and Park City Miner’s Club), Orlando, Las Vegas, Anaheim, San Francisco, Wisconsin, Atlantic City, and Maryland. We will make every effort to contact owners with reservations at these locations to notify them that their reservations will be cancelled with vacation points / credits refunded automatically. While owners who have already checked in to a resort may be able to remain through the date of their scheduled departure, they should strongly consider shortening their stays as movement in and around the resort will be restricted. In some municipalities, you will be restricted to your suite. Depending on how this situation evolves, we may have to close the resort at any point and require immediate departures.
This is a fluid situation with local, state, and federal jurisdictions issuing guidance and/or restrictions continuously. Our resorts will fully comply with guidance as it is updated.
Your Vacation Planning Touch Points
While we always strive to provide exceptional service, please be aware that we are experiencing higher than normal call volumes so your hold time could be longer than normal. Your owner website is the best way to update your vacation plans. As a reminder, we have adjusted our cancellation policy to reflect additional flexibility and you may cancel your reservation with an arrival date prior to May 15, 2020, without penalty. Within 72 hours, the full amount of points / credits used for the reservation will be added back into your account and the reservation transaction will be restored.
We understand this situation has impacted your ability to maximize your vacations so we are reviewing alternative options to use your points / credits. Stay tuned for more information.
We are fully committed to implementing health and safety measures to protect our owners, guests and associates. We recognize some of these measures may be an inconvenience and we sincerely appreciate your patience during this time. Thank you for being a valued member of our Wyndham Destinations family and we look forward to welcoming you back for a future vacation.
Sincerely,
Geoff Richards
Chief Operating Officer, Wyndham Vacation Clubs
List of Impacted Resorts
New York City
Club Wyndham Midtown 45
Puerto Rico
Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham - Rio Mar
Park City
Club Wyndham Park City
WorldMark Park City
Atlantic City
Club Wyndham Skyline Tower
Anaheim
Club Wyndham Anaheim
Club Wyndham Dolphin’s Cove
Peacock Suites
WorldMark Anaheim
WorldMark Dolphin’s Cove
Orlando
Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Club Wyndham Cypress Palm
Club Wyndham Star Island
Club Wyndham Orlando International
Club Wyndham Reunion
WorldMark Orlando - Kingstown Reef
WorldMark Reunion
Las Vegas
Club Wyndham Desert Blue
Club Wyndham Grand Desert
Club Wyndham Tropicana
Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham - Desert Blue
Desert Rose Resort
WorldMark Las Vegas - Boulevard
WorldMark Las Vegas - Spencer Street
WorldMark Tropicana
Harrah’s Las Vegas
Maryland
Club Wyndham National Harbor
Mexico
El Cid Granada Hotel & Country Club
El Cid Marina Beach Hotel & Yacht Club
El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel
El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel
WorldMark Coral Baja
WorldMark Isla Mujeres
WorldMark La Paloma
WorldMark Zihuatanejo
Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort
Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa
Canada
Carriage Hills Resort
Carriage Ridge Resort
Mountainside Lodge
Club GeoPremiere at Auberge du Lac Morency
WorldMark Canmore-Banff
WorldMark Vancouver - The Canadian
WorldMark Victoria
WorldMark Whistler - Cascade Lodge
WorldMark Whistler - Sundance
St. Thomas
Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham - St. Thomas
San Francisco, CA
Club Wyndham Canterbury
Inn at the Opera
The Donatello
Suites at Fisherman’s Wharf
WorldMark San Francisco
Wisconsin
Club Wyndham Glacier Canyon
Club Wyndham Sundara Cottages at Wisconsin Dells
Club Wyndham Tamarack
Little Sweden

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I have a reservation at Wyndham Nashville beginning May 10. I received and email from Wyndham today saying that it would be cancelled and my points would be returned to me.

I still have 2 reservations starting on May 18th. My wife and I were hoping to go to Destin Majestic Sun and my daughter and friends were planning to go to New Orleans La Belle Maison. I’m keeping them for now but I seriously doubt we’ll take either trip.

Harry