• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Tuggers contracted Coronavirus? [MERGED]

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I suppose so but as I am on immunosupressants I'm frightened to get it as it seems like there's a higher correlation with having a more severe case. I know when I had the flu I had a much worse time of it than my daughter who had it first. I'm dreading the possibility of getting it, honestly.
Stay safe. It’s very hit or miss. Some people have little to no reaction even if they are compromised. Others get it bad. Keep washing your hands and don’t touch your face. You’ll be fine.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My next door neighbor's son, age 55, has been hospitalized in New Jersey for a week. He works in NYC. For the first few days she was told he had pnumonia. (Didn't tell her he was on ventilator. ) Told her they were treating him with malaria drug. (I'm thinking must be COVID-19 but didn't say it.)
He was never a smoker and has no prior conditions. As of today is doing better and she was able to talk to him. Hoping for a complete recovery.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
One more real person with Covid 19. The whole thing is a tragic story. Our 92 YO friend flew from Southern California to Seattle for our 40th anniversary on February 29. My husband considers her to be his second mother. Unfortunately she arrived without her medications. Her doctors answering service didn't think a prescription was an emergency to notify the doctor. As a result of not having her medicine she had a heart attack.

She has been in a convalescent center in Washington after her hospital stay. Despite not allowing any visitors since she arrived, they have had a Covid 19 outbreak and she has tested positive. So far she is doing okay but she is the epitome of the vulnerable elderly and I don't think the end result is going to be good.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
As of 2:00PM this afternoon, Washington State has 568 positive cases of Covid-19, and 37 deaths from it. 6001 people have tested negative. No idea how many may have it and not know it.

Quoting my own post. On the above date, March 13, Washington State had 568 confirmed cases of Covid-19, and 37 fatalities from it. As of today, March 23, just ten days later, we now have 2221 cases, and 110 fatalities. That is an enormous spread of the virus, and we're supposed to be two weeks ahead of things, compared to other states. Everyone NEEDS to pay attention to this, and stay out of harm's way.

Social distancing works. Stay healthy, everyone.

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
One more real person with Covid 19. The whole thing is a tragic story. Our 92 YO friend flew from Southern California to Seattle for our 40th anniversary on February 29. My husband considers her to be his second mother. Unfortunately she arrived without her medications. Her doctors answering service didn't think a prescription was an emergency to notify the doctor. As a result of not having her medicine she had a heart attack.

She has been in a convalescent center in Washington after her hospital stay. Despite not allowing any visitors since she arrived, they have had a Covid 19 outbreak and she has tested positive. So far she is doing okay but she is the epitome of the vulnerable elderly and I don't think the end result is going to be good.

I'm very sorry to hear this, John (or are you Paul?) Older people are so vulnerable as it is. I hope your friend recovers.

Dave

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I'm very sorry to hear this, John (or are you Paul?) Older people are so vulnerable as it is. I hope your friend recovers.

Dave

I actually go by John-Paul which is my first and middle names. Thanks for the concern.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I actually go by John-Paul which is my first and middle names. Thanks for the concern.

Thanks. You'd referenced your husband, and I didn't know if it was a blended name for your Tug screen name. Still hoping your friend recovers. :)

Dave

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

So sorry about your friend.

to add some levity.... and is your brother's name George-Ringo?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Updating the Washington State COVID-19 numbers from this thread:

March 13, 568 positive cases, 37 fatalities.
March 23, 2221 positive cases, 110 fatalities
March 27, 3700 positive cases, 175 fatalities

In Northwest Washington, there is a singing group known as the Skagit Chorale. This is part of a news article posted today:

The Choir group met on March 10th, 2020 for practice. The Chorale has around 120 members and around 60 people attended the practice. Of those 60 people, 45 have developed symptoms of the Covid-19 virus and 27 (so far) have tested positive. One of the choir group’s members has died, another has been hospitalized and several others have struggled to recover from the illness.

A friend who lives there texted me that the mentioned hospitalized chorale member died today.

That's all within just two weeks. Please take this virus seriously.

Stay home, stay safe, stay healthy.

Dave

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
My 26 yo DS just called. He works in healthcare; has had a cough but added a fever last night. This qualified him to get tested today. Cough sounds bad but he said he’s breathing ok. Off work until he gets results—as long as 7 days for them. He has some underlying health conditions including a congenital heart defect. Praying.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
My 26 yo DS just called. He works in healthcare; has had a cough but added a fever last night. This qualified him to get tested today. Cough sounds bad but he said he’s breathing ok. Off work until he gets results—as long as 7 days for them. He has some underlying health conditions including a congenital heart defect. Praying.
Praying With you

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I saw an ER dr virtually Wed who concluded based on everything I experienced starting at the end of Feb to now is in fact Covid. He sent me for chest X ray and it showed inflammation in the lungs. Bacterial bronchitis, pneumonia and the flu all ruled out. The inflammation is from a virus. This last week had intense tightness in my chest and shortness of breath which prompted me to do virtual urgent care. I dealt with most of the other symptoms and cough all month. Both doctors that saw me said getting a covid test makes no difference and at this point rather I wouldn’t get a test since i could pick up other viral infections that would do more damage to the lungs. They are both positive what I have is Covid and a positive test would not change treatment, which is to stay home rest and be on tug to pass the time :) I’m on inhalers which aren’t helping and Zithromax. If the breathing gets worse I’m to go to the hospital immediately.

Had a rough one today where breathing was difficult with chest pain which lead to a panic attack which then lead to more chest pain and more labored breathing. I stuck my head out the window for a while and made phone calls to get my mind of things. It got better after an hour but still short of breath tonight. I’m Praying this goes away soon. I can’t even imagine the people in the hospitals gasping for air right now. It’s extremely scary. #stayhome! There is a stay home song someone sings. I’d post it here but it has curses, If you want it send a message lol.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I saw an ER dr virtually Wed who concluded based on everything I experienced starting at the end of Feb to now is in fact Covid. He sent me for chest X ray and it showed inflammation in the lungs. Bacterial bronchitis, pneumonia and the flu all ruled out. The inflammation is from a virus. This last week had intense tightness in my chest and shortness of breath which prompted me to do virtual urgent care. I dealt with most of the other symptoms and cough all month. Both doctors that saw me said getting a covid test makes no difference and at this point rather I wouldn’t get a test since i could pick up other viral infections that would do more damage to the lungs. They are both positive what I have is Covid and a positive test would not change treatment, which is to stay home rest and be on tug to pass the time :) I’m on inhalers which aren’t helping and Zithromax. If the breathing gets worse I’m to go to the hospital immediately.

Had a rough one today where breathing was difficult with chest pain which lead to a panic attack which then lead to more chest pain and more labored breathing. I stuck my head out the window for a while and made phone calls to get my mind of things. It got better after an hour but still short of breath tonight. I’m Praying this goes away soon. I can’t even imagine the people in the hospitals gasping for air right now. It’s extremely scary. #stayhome! There is a stay home song someone sings. I’d post it here but it has curses, If you want it send a message lol.
Definitely take care of yourself. Lots of fluids too.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Try breathing through you mouth pulling in as much air you can, hold and slowly breathing out. I was sick a few weeks ago and at times feel short of breathe still and it helps me get the air in my lungs as well as stopping the panic. If you start having more episodes or longer episodes go to the hospital. Also make sure you are drinking enough liquids. The last thing you need is to get dehydrated.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Try breathing through you mouth pulling in as much air you can, hold and slowly breathing out. I was sick a few weeks ago and at times feel short of breathe still and it helps me get the air in my lungs as well as stopping the panic. If you start having more episodes or longer episodes go to the hospital. Also make sure you are drinking enough liquids. The last thing you need is to get dehydrated.
I feel dehydrated yet I drink so much.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Try to drink 10-12cups a day. Gatorade or pedialyte will help.
I was thinking today I should start with the pedialyte i have or BCAA electrolyte mix

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@CPNY In my Telehealth visit today with my PCP just to explore what we can do with COVID-19 if we suspect we have it, he said to get pulse oximeter. I just ordered one on expedited shipping, paid as much for shipping as the pulse oximeter. He said it should be above 92 saturation. If labored breathing and below 85 head to ER. Do you know what is your oxygen saturation level?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My close friend in my community just called me. Her 84 year old mother in Seattle is hospitalized with COVID-19. She thinks she got it at the doctor's office as she went in as a follow-up for a spot in her lung. She is in bad shape. My friend said that the doctor indicated he is 100% sure that her sister who lives with her mother has it as well even though she is asymptomatic.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@CPNY In my Telehealth visit today with my PCP just to explore what we can do with COVID-19 if we suspect we have it, he said to get pulse oximeter. I just ordered one on expedited shipping, paid as much for shipping as the pulse oximeter. He said it should be above 92 saturation. If labored breathing and below 85 head to ER. Do you know what is your oxygen saturation level?
I had one in the house already. Mine works best on my pinky finger.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was thinking today I should start with the pedialyte i have or BCAA electrolyte mix
My doctor recommends pedialyte

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Thank you! I was going to order that this week. I went to urgent care and everything was fine just the inflammation in the lungs which is leading to the shortness of breath.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just don't understand the long waits. You would think a healthcare person would go to top of list.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I just don't understand the long waits. You would think a healthcare person would go to top of list.
They are doing that in NY. They are only testing you if you require hospitalization or first responder or a HC worker