• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Post your...I'm still traveling in March here

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Decisions, decisions. Canadians told to go home.
f1e6bca37dadd1751269335124d56c3a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
We flew to Puerto Rico yesterday with two of our grandkids. Our daughter & SIL are both in the medical field, they said to go ahead thinking the kids would be safer with us in a warm climate. We’re under 60 if we were over 70 we would’ve cancelled. 3 legs of the flight, all flights were half to 3/4 full. Talked to a family that was still going on a cruise for spring break. I definitely wouldn’t get on a cruise ship

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Was hoping to do a weekend in San Diego before our April Sedona trip. Both are now cancelled because kids are now on leave through March and Hubs, LE, has had all vacation time canceled until first of May.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
We just returned from a week at Marriott's Beachplace Towers in Fort Lauderdale (we were there to visit family in the area). It was like an alternate reality there. As the world changed dramatically this past week, we were in the middle of Spring Break. With thousands of students partying like nothing had changed. In a way it was somewhat reassuring as we were watching what was going on around the country. We really had no issues there at all and the security provided by the resort was professional reassuring. As the week went on we became anxious to get home. Our flight back to NYC yesterday was fine and uneventful. It was strange though, driving home from the airport during rush hour with hardly any traffic. We're glad to be home and now are considering what do for our next planned trip to Turks & Caicos at the end of April. Stay safe all!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I'm flying to Baltimore the first weekend in April as long as they don't ban domestic flights....

swditz

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westgate palace wk 52
briarwood cape cod wk 30
surfside cape cod wk 41
falls at Ogunquit wk 21
discovery beach wk 7
captains quarters wk 38
65000 inn season points
Going to Vermont 3/21. Worried more about the snow than the virus.
Doubtful you'll see much snow. It's been very mild this month and not seeing any significant storms in the forcast. You will see a bit of mud though as it's an early mud season.
No matter when you come though Vermont is always beautiful. Enjoy your stay

jbeachlvr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
The Suites at Eastern Slope Inn
Vistana Flex
We are set to travel to Aruba, from Boston JetBlue 3/29-4/5. Marriott Surf Club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
DH left for the Lake yesterday..It is just a 2 hour drive to. DD is flying in tonight and is going to join him.

I had to cancel 2 trips for work. I have one scheduled for 2nd week of April.......whether that happens depends on whether the State prohibits work in more counties...Currently King Snohomish and Pierce....so just the Seattle side. I hope it stays that way

JeffC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Mauna Loa Village, Sweetwater at Kauai, Club La Costa
Hoping to get some late season skiing in. Sugarbush, Killington and Okemo say they'll be open. I got an email from Stowe that they're still open but no hot food available. Also they want you to ride on the lifts solo unless you're in a group.

2disneydads

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm still planning a weekend trip from EWR to FLL the last weekend in March. Then an Easter break trip to FLL plus 5-night Royal Caribbean cruise starting Easter Monday. It's outside of the Royal Caribbean moratorium. If the cruise is cancelled, then we'll spend the 5-nights at BeachPlace Tower.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm flying to Baltimore the first weekend in April as long as they don't ban domestic flights....
Given the crime rate in Baltimore, going there could be dangerous without the virus. :rolleyes:

swditz

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westgate palace wk 52
briarwood cape cod wk 30
surfside cape cod wk 41
falls at Ogunquit wk 21
discovery beach wk 7
captains quarters wk 38
65000 inn season points
Hoping to get some late season skiing in. Sugarbush, Killington and Okemo say they'll be open. I got an email from Stowe that they're still open but no hot food available. Also they want you to ride on the lifts solo unless you're in a group.
Be sure to keep checking. Okemo has now closed for a minimum 1 week following 2 confirmed cases in Ludlow. Haven't heard of any action at Kilington or Sugarbush yet but things change daily.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Northstar lodge/ski lifts just got closed so definitely keep checking.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
The updates and closures are coming fast and furious. Vail Resorts has announced the temporary closure of all their North American facilities, including Whistler/Blackcomb in BC. Also Blue Mountain ski resort in Ontario and Mont Tremblant in Quebec are now closed.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am 61 years old and will be leaving on a ski trip today. It is a drive-to destination, so no worries about air travel.

The governor has closed all the lift served ski areas, but I will take my cross-country skis, ski the backcountry, and enjoy a nice vacation. On the plus side, there will not be the usual ski traffic tie-up on I-70 into the mountains.

The way I look at it, there is a much higher chance of contracting a case of Covid-19 while standing in a grocery line for half an hour in a city of a few million than there is vacationing in a mountain town population 2,000. It will be interesting to see what is on the grocery shelves there compared to the decimated shelves in the city's grocery stores.

I also plan to eat out more often than usual on my visit to do my small part to support the local economy.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I am 61 years old and will be leaving on a ski trip today. It is a drive-to destination, so no worries about air travel.

The governor has closed all the lift served ski areas, but I will take my cross-country skis, ski the backcountry, and enjoy a nice vacation. On the plus side, there will not be the usual ski traffic tie-up on I-70 into the mountains.

The way I look at it, there is a much higher chance of contracting a case of Covid-19 while standing in a grocery line for half an hour in a city of a few million than there is vacationing in a mountain town population 2,000. It will be interesting to see what is on the grocery shelves there compared to the decimated shelves in the city's grocery stores.

I also plan to eat out more often than usual on my visit to do my small part to support the local economy.

How do you feel about the idea that there’s a possibility you’ve already been exposed in your city of a few million, you could be incubating an infection now, and you personally could therefore be the reason that small town of 2000 (presumably one without a hospital) is hit with coronavirus?

Just encouraging you to not only think of the risk to yourself but also of the risk you pose to others.

It would be really hard for me to justify a pleasure trip right now, and to be determined to be in daily contact with others to boot.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do you feel about the idea that there’s a possibility you’ve already been exposed in your city of a few million, you could be incubating an infection now, and you personally could therefore be the reason that small town of 2000 (presumably one without a hospital) is hit with coronavirus?

Just encouraging you to not only think of the risk to yourself but also of the risk you pose to others.

It would be really hard for me to justify a pleasure trip right now, and to be determined to be in daily contact with others to boot.
100s of thousands of people have been traveling through DIA on the way to their ski vacation for the past 14+ days. My visit will not be even a drop in the bucket, and, sadly, my support of the local small town economy will be only a small drop in the bucket.

People need to stop watching the media, get a grip, and go on a vacation.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
100s of thousands of people have been traveling through DIA on the way to their ski vacation for the past 14+ days. My visit will not be even a drop in the bucket, and, sadly, my support of the local small town economy will be only a small drop in the bucket.

People need to stop watching the media, get a grip, and go on a vacation, before some knucklehead declares martial law and institutes grocery store rationing.

Wow. Ok.

Or some people have a strong background in epidemiology, public health, and infectious disease and are literally rendered speechless by this mindset.

You probably aren’t contagious. But you could be. In which case you would not be a drop in the bucket. You’d be the precipitating event that starts the tsunami that hits that town hard.

Enjoy your trip. Hopefully you get what you want out of it.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I am dying to get out. I would have booked my 2 free nights for now at Pollard Brook that I won if it weren’t for this virus. I tried to book in Sept for the Scottish Highland Games and they said nothing available. Then I tried to book it for my birthday- June 29- and they said no go. I ended up with June 19 and 20. It’s only an hour from here so can drive it.

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Six hours in line at O'Hare for immigration screening. These folks are traveling in March however may still be in line in April.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm doing a lot of hiking in my "own backyard" and am canceling all travel and places where people gather to do my part in flattening the curve. Peaceful, rejuvenating, and very uncrowded. If you enjoy a walk in the woods, I recommend All Trails as a way to find some good ones near you.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm doing a lot of hiking in my "own backyard" and am canceling all travel and places where people gather to do my part in flattening the curve. Peaceful, rejuvenating, and very uncrowded. If you enjoy a walk in the woods, I recommend All Trails as a way to find some good ones near you.

That's EXACTLY what we're doing, bnoble, and we're loving the time outdoors - away from the news. We've used the All Trails app for vacations in the mountains, but have discovered some great new hikes around home.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Just be smart, wash your hands, don't have close contact with strangers and the elderly. This virus is far less dangerous than the media is making it out to be. Yes, this virus can last for up to three days on solid services but aside from that, I'm not seeing anything making this more dangerous than the common flu other than we don't have a vaccine.
I say that based on the numbers. The number of currently infected is barely more than the number that have recovered.
fd1f99024f6855bd1c1f4161526ea3e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk