• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

another good reason to integrate Vistana-Marriott

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reported this morning

1582814974433.png

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Am I reading that correctly? YOY growth L-ILG is around 8% and 5% growth for L-MVC (2019 vs. 2018) with a 6% growth overall.
you are right, too many balls in the air for me. I was reading the one quarter numbers

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
you are right, too many balls in the air for me. I was reading the one quarter numbers
I figured that lol.the investor call today noted the ILG sites are growing and adopting the MVC sales method quickly and outpacing MVC locations. If I got that correctly.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I don't think Hyatt under ILG, is contributing much towards the growth.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
I figured that lol.the investor call today noted the ILG sites are growing and adopting the MVC sales method quickly and outpacing MVC locations. If I got that correctly.

Yes. That was what they said. The legacy ILG sites had been underperforming, but are now closing the gap on closing rate and sales per guest. They are still below MVC on those metrics, but are closing the gap because they are growing at a faster rate as they adopt the new best practices. One thing they also said was their loan defaults from the ILG segment have increased because ILG had eliminated some income qualifications in their tour generation flow. The implication was that ILG had lowered their standards to boost sales and now those chickens were coming home to roost, as we say here in the south. They did say they have now eliminated that practice so things should begin to normalize.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Yes. That was what they said. The legacy ILG sites had been underperforming, but are now closing the gap on closing rate and sales per guest. They are still below MVC on those metrics, but are closing the gap because they are growing at a faster rate as they adopt the new best practices. One thing they also said was their loan defaults from the ILG segment have increased because ILG had eliminated some income qualifications in their tour generation flow. The implication was that ILG had lowered their standards to boost sales and now those chickens were coming home to roost, as we say here in the south. They did say they have now eliminated that practice so things should begin to normalize.
Thanks for the clarification!

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great to see and hear there are lots of suckers still out there buying from developer which is what is needed for us who buy on the cheap at resale.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Great to see and hear there are lots of suckers still out there buying from developer which is what is needed for us who buy on the cheap at resale.

As one of those "suckers" who knew exactly what she was doing, I'd appreciate just a little bit of consideration that in fact there can be incentives and circumstances that make direct purchases more attractive than external resales. Maybe the least we can all do is stop using the word, "suckers?" :)

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
As one of those "suckers" who knew exactly what she was doing, I'd appreciate just a little bit of consideration that in fact there can be incentives and circumstances that make direct purchases more attractive than external resales. Maybe the least we can all do is stop using the word, "suckers?" :)
Agree on the name calling.

Disagree on retail incentives outwaying the huge cost difference. Resale is $6pp ($3 purchase + $3 initiation fee) while retail today is $14.54pp discounted down to $12pp if lucky... double. So on 5000 points purchase retail is roughly $30,000 more expensive.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree on the name calling.

Disagree on retail incentives outwaying the huge cost difference. Resale is $6pp ($3 purchase + $3 initiation fee) while retail today is $14.54pp discounted down to $12pp if lucky... double. So on 5000 points purchase retail is roughly $30,000 more expensive.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk
Not if you buy a hybrid package. The cost is about the same as resale points.