• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My Suggestions to Vidanta, please add more suggestions to this thread if any

vantovidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Well I've been to the RM and NV several times now and it is feeling like a second home.

I have a few suggestions and maybe other people if they had some as well we could all keep suggesting and complaining to them so they actually do something about it.

My suggestions.

1. Have a big outdoor hot tub. It is very nice to have that option in the evening to wind down a day of activity. The current tub in NV is so small inside the spa. I dont like indoor pools or hot tubs. It's not pleasant, cramped and stuffy with a few guys in that area with the sauna and steam room.

2. In NV the kids water park in front of the kids club is pretty weak. It needs a serious upgrade as it is even worse than a lower level AI style resort. Jungala in RM is nice but so expensive.

3. They should pressure wash the pool decks more often. The dirt and grime builds up and you can see it and sometimes feel it under foot.

Last edited:

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
This is interesting. I hope it doesn’t turn into a vidanta complaint thread. We just got back from 2 great weeks in NV.
I guess I would ask for two improvements from Vidanta.
1) communication. It’s difficult to get the same answer to a question when asked to two vidanta employees. All of the decisions regarding future changes seem to be made on the fly. I wish they’d make a plan, communicate the plan, then “try” to stick with a plan. I may be asking too much. It would be a big cultural change for them. It’s just difficult for me to make long term decisions with inaccurate information.
2) food quality. The prices seem to have dramatically increased over the last five or six years, but quality has decreased. By the time we left from this last visit, we determined that the Mexican food was great! Most everything else, not so good. Gong used to have great sushi. Now it’s way below average. Toromonto used to be ok Italian, now pretty disappointing. (Both of the above places we just went once, so we may have just been unlucky). I probably ate 50 fish or shrimp tacos while I was there. They were all great.

I could go on for pages about all the things they do right. We had 2 fantastic weeks, I could see easily staying for a longer time.
I am concerned about the gondola at NV. How many people will it bring into the pools? Hopefully they won’t get too overcrowded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
Vanto - great idea. Not sure this information will get to Vidanta. Maybe some sort of group letter or petition or something.
1. Agree 100% on hot tubs. I have been putting this on my comments on check out for years. Would also want the plunge pools to be heated. Here's hoping the Estates ones will be.
2. Better sales practice - the worry would be that it would put TUG out of business if we didn't have Vidanta sales to complain about. Seriously, the product sells itself. It is spectacular. The vast majority of the complaints originate from sales practices.3
3. Better tennis facilities. RM is a joke. NV currently doesn't have any courts. Hopefully, the new complex will be beautiful. Just thing tennis (and pickleball) would be big hits given the US and Canadian crowd.
4. Improved communication - Oftentimes concierges or others will give you wrong information simply because they do not know the answer. I would much rather them say they don't know then to get incorrect info. Also, many times they will say things will be taken care of, and it will take five follow ups to make sure it truly is taken care of.
5. Estates suggestion - common grills for guests to use. Fire pit or fire feature on Estates pods. Nice for cool nights.

StructureGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
I would like everything to be consistent and well defined:
1.) The written contracts should have a section for definitions like many other contracts do. Call it a usage fee or a maintenance fee but not both interchangeably. Call it a sister resorts week, a vacation fare week a contract week, a bonus week etc. consistently in everyone's contract. Explain what a "registered" week is.
2.) Have the contracts specify the same basic thing. Registered weeks should be either 10 years or 25 years. Non-registered week renewals 1 MF or 1/2 MF per week. Same with transfer fees.
3.) If you are going to have silver, gold and platinum memberships define the $$ and advantages to each.
4.) If there is a priority system for who gets the best rooms (ocean view, etc.) tell us how it is decided.
5.) Have a section of the Vidanta website to distribute specific resort information. Nepresso machines at NV but not RM. Beach Club at RM but not NV. Meal plan at NV but no where else. How about an honest, updated estimate for the completion of "The Parks". Publicize the specials like Summerfest or the $450/$800 meal/drink credit and how to get each. The cost of Jungala.

We shouldn't have to call for info to know what we bought.

rpennisi

Reaction score
My biggest complaint for years has been the television selections.
In the early years (for us, 2002-4), the television selection always had at least one and sometimes all three US networks. I know we are not in Mexico to watch tv, but at night, it would be enjoyable to watch some stations in English and from major networks. Last year, RM had RT (Russian Television) as one of its only English speaking stations, other than CNN international and FOX "news'. Really?!
One other, open the street to walk the sidewalk to Sea Garden and beyond in NV. It worked for years. They even had carts to transport guests from the main area to SG. If Mexican law would allow, I am sure Vidanta would block the beach access to SG as well.

vantovidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Vanto - great idea. Not sure this information will get to Vidanta. Maybe some sort of group letter or petition or something.
1. Agree 100% on hot tubs. I have been putting this on my comments on check out for years. Would also want the plunge pools to be heated. Here's hoping the Estates ones will be.
2. Better sales practice - the worry would be that it would put TUG out of business if we didn't have Vidanta sales to complain about. Seriously, the product sells itself. It is spectacular. The vast majority of the complaints originate from sales practices.3
3. Better tennis facilities. RM is a joke. NV currently doesn't have any courts. Hopefully, the new complex will be beautiful. Just thing tennis (and pickleball) would be big hits given the US and Canadian crowd.
4. Improved communication - Oftentimes concierges or others will give you wrong information simply because they do not know the answer. I would much rather them say they don't know then to get incorrect info. Also, many times they will say things will be taken care of, and it will take five follow ups to make sure it truly is taken care of.
5. Estates suggestion - common grills for guests to use. Fire pit or fire feature on Estates pods. Nice for cool nights.
I would like everything to be consistent and well defined:
1.) The written contracts should have a section for definitions like many other contracts do. Call it a usage fee or a maintenance fee but not both interchangeably. Call it a sister resorts week, a vacation fare week a contract week, a bonus week etc. consistently in everyone's contract. Explain what a "registered" week is.
2.) Have the contracts specify the same basic thing. Registered weeks should be either 10 years or 25 years. Non-registered week renewals 1 MF or 1/2 MF per week. Same with transfer fees.
3.) If you are going to have silver, gold and platinum memberships define the $$ and advantages to each.
4.) If there is a priority system for who gets the best rooms (ocean view, etc.) tell us how it is decided.
5.) Have a section of the Vidanta website to distribute specific resort information. Nepresso machines at NV but not RM. Beach Club at RM but not NV. Meal plan at NV but no where else. How about an honest, updated estimate for the completion of "The Parks". Publicize the specials like Summerfest or the $450/$800 meal/drink credit and how to get each. The cost of Jungala.

We shouldn't have to call for info to know what we bought.

Structure guy I can tell you are an engineer as I also have worked in this industry.

Good ideas you suggested. We need more clarity, consistent and structure.

Not convoluted confusion nonsense and differing definitions. There is just no inconsistency including Straight up lies from sales and misinformation different departments.

Dont ever get lured by gifts. These "gifts" end up costing you more than if you were to get them yourself.

Like how many ways can you call master room, master suite, grand master room, grand master suite, studio, 1 bedroom studio etc etc.

People are guessing about how that is valued especially at the GL level there are other names.

A checklist option list would be good with clear levels of accommodation and their costs/usage fees. A clear pricelist. A usage fee website would be nice and consistent in alerting and informing people. Also the appointments and furnishing features of each suite level so people can determine value better.

But we all know they dont want people informed. They want them confused, guesing and uninformed I'm sure.

Last edited:

vantovidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
My biggest complaint for years has been the television selections.
In the early years (for us, 2002-4), the television selection always had at least one and sometimes all three US networks. I know we are not in Mexico to watch tv, but at night, it would be enjoyable to watch some stations in English and from major networks. Last year, RM had RT (Russian Television) as one of its only English speaking stations, other than CNN international and FOX "news'. Really?!
One other, open the street to walk the sidewalk to Sea Garden and beyond in NV. It worked for years. They even had carts to transport guests from the main area to SG. If Mexican law would allow, I am sure Vidanta would block the beach access to SG as well.
I agree. TV is brutal there but there are some movies I found to watch... oh well just hookup your netflix and wifi and guess. Wifi always needs to be better. That goes for all resorts

vantovidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
All great and valid suggestions.
I myself have received bad or false info a few times as well.
Common grills would be awesome

I agree there could be a bit more exciting activities area/entertainment. Other resorts have nightlife, arcades and dance clubs.

Last edited:

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
I have been twice in GM nv, in my opinion some persons of the staff are not well prepared for their job, they need to be educated before start, like in FAVC (you could check it at TripAdvisor).When I called to confirm my reservation they told me there wasn’t it, after sometime of discusion he ask his manager and they found it in other files of ice certificates. Other day we Were 3 persons on the same seat of the train and the driver ask an old lady to move because the seat is for 4, but it was’t possible to get other person there. Other part of staff were very helpful with our lagage, at the check in, the maid who clean the room.

vantovidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
To pay for Food, drinks and other purchases you should be able to scan your room wrist tag. Then there should be a password or last name to verify tag so that no one else can use your tag but you and those in your room.

rpennisi

Reaction score
To pay for Food, drinks and other purchases you should be able to scan your room wrist tag. Then there should be a password or last name to verify tag so that no one else can use your tag but you and those in your room.
While they don't scan the wrist band, the waiter (shops, etc) does ask for the room number and then the last name. Have you heard of anyone having a problem with the current system for paying?

travs2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Everyone should really check their bill at the end of the week very carefully. We like to check and pay our expenses on a weekly basis and noticed on Friday that someone had used our room number for a meal at La Cantina for nearly 1000 pesos. We asked to see the receipt and the individual signed his name but put down our room number. ...so this charge appeared on our bill. After asking to see the receipt at the front desk they noticed the error and took it off our bill. I wonder how often this may happen?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Haven't had someone else bill to my room, but there are frequently charges for water from the room that we don't use and miscellaneous things like that. We always check our bills.

vantovidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Everyone should really check their bill at the end of the week very carefully. We like to check and pay our expenses on a weekly basis and noticed on Friday that someone had used our room number for a meal at La Cantina for nearly 1000 pesos. We asked to see the receipt and the individual signed his name but put down our room number. ...so this charge appeared on our bill. After asking to see the receipt at the front desk they noticed the error and took it off our bill. I wonder how often this may happen?
That's what I'm getting at. Anyone can write wrong room number. It's just a more proper way of doing things. Safer for everyone

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
That's what I'm getting at. Anyone can write wrong room number. It's just a more proper way of doing things. Safer for everyone

I'm not sure that would change much - the cashiers and waiters already verify a match between the room number and the name. Additionally, it would be complicated by the case of multiple parties staying in a single suite with different accounts set up as the room number and a letter suffix to divide the bills - the wristbands would be keyed to the same room anyway. It could also introduce new failure modes where a wristband stopped working (that does happen) or a reader stops working (new equipment) and the server has to manually enter the room number and verify the name, enabling the old failure mode to happen anyway. In any case, at least in NV and RM, when you have provided your room number, the bill is typically printed with that number on it before you write it in yourself. It seems odd that they changed the accounting of a bill for a written number without verifying it cross checks to the name.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
.......Safer for everyone

It is not safer for :
1 ) the income of Vidanta employees who’s income include tip compensation .

2) lower tip income - would likely impact employee retention -
which ultimately is not good for Vidanta or for guests who are used to Vidanta’s high quality service levels.

Hi vantovidanta ,
I understand your thought process / but here is my take -

In Canada in the last year or so - both Shoppers Drugmart & Walmart Canada have implemented Self Scan - Self Serve checkout options . The implied rational,is that it is quicker . The back story is that it saves the company money by reduced staffing requirements during a period when provincial minimum wages are about 14 C$ per hour / (about $ 10.50 USD).

In the Mexico / Vidanta example - minimum wage is quite low . The best resort service jobs are ones that include tip compensation . I cannot see Vidanta implementing a system that removes the direct interaction between guest and employee regarding presentation of a bill to sign that includes a tip option .

Last edited:

rpennisi

Reaction score
Haven't had someone else bill to my room, but there are frequently charges for water from the room that we don't use and miscellaneous things like that. We always check our bills.
We do as well. The check out person on the night before checking out, asked us if we used the coffee or the water (we had not) and told us they removed the donation "charge" from the bill without asking if we wanted to do that. Surprising, so many must have complained about that.
Here's a miscellaneous item I would like to add for those going to NV. La Plaza has the big bottles (5 liters) of water for 35 pesos. For Vidanta, this is an unexpected bargain, especially when I see people lugging similar large jugs of water along the beach from OXXO.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
In Monterrey Mexico, a few super markets like HEB start with self scan and pay, it is fast and confortable, I hope it would be more usual even for resorts.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We do as well. The check out person on the night before checking out, asked us if we used the coffee or the water (we had not) and told us they removed the donation "charge" from the bill without asking if we wanted to do that. Surprising, so many must have complained about that.
Here's a miscellaneous item I would like to add for those going to NV. La Plaza has the big bottles (5 liters) of water for 35 pesos. For Vidanta, this is an unexpected bargain, especially when I see people lugging similar large jugs of water along the beach from OXXO.

We only bought bottled water at Vidanta on our first trip; now we just use the tap water. They do an awful lot to treat the water there and we've never had an issue in either NV or RM. There are some places where we buy bottled water (e.g., San Pedro, Belize, where the water supply is mostly collected rain), but the tap water has been ok at Vidanta.

rpennisi

Reaction score
We only bought bottled water at Vidanta on our first trip; now we just use the tap water. They do an awful lot to treat the water there and we've never had an issue in either NV or RM. There are some places where we buy bottled water (e.g., San Pedro, Belize, where the water supply is mostly collected rain), but the tap water has been ok at Vidanta.
I agree with the use of tap water, except, my wife says that she can taste the difference with the tap water. Me, I can't tell.
But again, for those who lug large bottles of purchased water, La Plaza has an excellent price on large bottled water jugs.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I agree with the use of tap water, except, my wife says that she can taste the difference with the tap water. Me, I can't tell.
But again, for those who lug large bottles of purchased water, La Plaza has an excellent price on large bottled water jugs.

Understandable, though we don't really notice the water taste so much. We used to exclusively drink sparkling mineral water from ferrarelle when we lived in Italy; that was primarily for the taste, but also because some places refilled the water bottles with tap water and you could only be sure if it was fizzy.

rpennisi

Reaction score
Understandable, though we don't really notice the water taste so much. We used to exclusively drink sparkling mineral water from ferrarelle when we lived in Italy; that was primarily for the taste, but also because some places refilled the water bottles with tap water and you could only be sure if it was fizzy.
Next time in NV, try this as a taste test, a glass of chilled tap water vs a glass of melted ice water. The ice machines have a filter in the back of the machines, at least they did last time I checked.
Again, I cannot really taste a difference, but my wife can.
BTW, fizzy water always our choice when in Italy.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Next time in NV, try this as a taste test, a glass of chilled tap water vs a glass of melted ice water. The ice machines have a filter in the back of the machines, at least they did last time I checked.
Again, I cannot really taste a difference, but my wife can.
BTW, fizzy water always our choice when in Italy.

My preference is the fizzy water combined with a bit or fermented barley and hops....

vantovidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
When I was at disney Florida I could smell the water. If I can ever smell anything I wont drink it typically. Even in BC water is good but I'll drink filtered fridge dispenser water anyways. I guess some people are uptight about that. I think vidanta nuevo vallarta I didnt get as much smell as Florida. I am typically paranoid to drink it I just brush my teeth with it maybe but that's just me LOL